Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Absolutely the right way to go.

In the case of Dack, having seen him play a couple of times for Gillingham it couldn’t have been more obvious he had the potential to do well at a higher level.

Frustratingly a player we could have so easily attracted to the club at the time too. Instead we wasted money on has beens. Really hope under Bruce we now have someone who knows the market better. 

50 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Yeah cus Hirst is prolific in the adults league! Overated jumped up 'do you know who my dad is' wanna be tosspot. 

When you lose 2 seasons of your career is going to be tough and at the age he is.

The move to Belgium out of the limelight is the best thing for him.

Let see where he end up this season, I think he will be loaned to a championship team or league one and he will get better.

23 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Happy for Thorniley to be involved this year as back up and play in the league cup. Will be interested to see what becomes of Penney - clearly has something about him, I suspect it’s up to him how his career turns out.

Think Penney will be fine, and if the rumours of Bidwell are true, Penney will be our first choice left back, sooner rather than later

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think Penney will be fine, and if the rumours of Bidwell are true, Penney will be our first choice left back, sooner rather than later

Penney's a bit like Iorfa at right back. Concentrates way to much on attacking and forgets about the defensive side of stuff and that you are playing at full back not wingback. You vacate your position all the time to attack the two centre backs are in trouble.

Prefer to see Penney as a wingback.

14 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If we sold Lees to finance Hector returning I'd be happy with that.

Lees was the weak link in defence last year.

....together with the full backs and the goalie pre Bruce. Errr! doesn't leave much does it?:blink:

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

When you lose 2 seasons of your career is going to be tough and at the age he is.

The move to Belgium out of the limelight is the best thing for him.

Let see where he end up this season, I think he will be loaned to a championship team or league one and he will get better.

Priceless....... best move for him, a move to park football obscurity in the most boring country in Europe lol

Guest timrud

The club don't get enough credit for how well they handled being held to ransom by GH.

Moving the power away from greedy players can only be a good thing

2 hours ago, malek said:

These are not the point...

If he stayed, he would have certainly earned us good bit of money (we already turned down 2m + offers for him).

Club wanted him to stay, yet did such a laughable job trying to persuade him.

At last...someone ITK. Do spill the beans malek, what was he offered and at what terms. Also what were him and his agent asking for. There must be hundreds of people on this site who've been bursting to know, so don't let us down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What's funny is at the moment we dont actually own any of them.

:tango:

Heard from a mate who’s mate (yes I know) bumped into one of the first team squad on holiday, told him Odubajo and the German player have signed. Also said Lee and Westwood had signed new deals.

Of course to be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think Reach could be the one to be sacrificed, he’s not the easiest to fit into Bruce’s favoured systems, and he would probably fetch a decent fee. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather keep him, as I would all of our best players, but if we have to wheel and deal, he’s one who would have takers. If it were one or the other, I’d choose Hector over Reach. Don’t know how much we could achieve for Reach, but a fee of about 3m seems to be what Chelsea would expect for Hector

I would rather keep Reach and not get Hector (and i rate Hector,)

44 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Why are we still arguing over george bloody hirst?

Probarbly because people want to deny that GH did anything wrong, they want to blame the club at all cost.

46 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Are we going to announce 10 signings on the same day or something

lol

well, at least it would avoid any moaning about individual signings, if the whole jigsaw is thrown together at once

2 minutes ago, jomaco said:

well, at least it would avoid any moaning about individual signings, if the whole jigsaw is thrown together at once

Maybe it's best if we don't announce any of the signings as it will give us an element of surprise on the first game of the season as the team we play will have no idea who they are up against. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

I would rather keep Reach and not get Hector (and i rate Hector,)

The balance in midfield has been a problem for years and Reach is part of that problem. Either Reach or Bannan will be sold this summer IMO and I'd be amazed if Bruce sold Bannan as I believe he sees him as our most important player this coming season.

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The balance in midfield has been a problem for years and Reach is part of that problem. Either Reach or Bannan will be sold this summer IMO and I'd be amazed if Bruce sold Bannan as I believe he sees him as our most important player this coming season.

other than Westwood and Bannan, I'm not against sacrificing anyone to be honest, has I feel they are the most important players for us? But regardless of who we might have to sacrifice, in order to bring in whoever Bruce wants, I'd trust Bruce to build the team he wants, all for the better. It's going to be an intriguing window and season.