Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest gizowl

Expecting my new shirts, home and away in the next couple of days, they're putting 2 of the new signings names on the back of the shirts, let you know then. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Fair enough, from what I’ve seen and heard of Willock I think he will be a top player for someone next season on loan. 

I’m still not sure about Reach, the fact fans can’t decide on his best position says it all. I’d be using him as an option for the middle three with Bannan, Lee, Onomah etc whoever is fit/on form at the time 

If you have Onlomah in front of Reach it must be a right pint in your local.:duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think we’ll sign Hector. Unless we manage to shift Rhodes or Forestieri. Which with the asking prices and other circumstances I don’t think is possible. Best we could hope for is another loan arrangement. 

I think Reach could be the one to be sacrificed, he’s not the easiest to fit into Bruce’s favoured systems, and he would probably fetch a decent fee. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather keep him, as I would all of our best players, but if we have to wheel and deal, he’s one who would have takers. If it were one or the other, I’d choose Hector over Reach. Don’t know how much we could achieve for Reach, but a fee of about 3m seems to be what Chelsea would expect for Hector

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think Reach could be the one to be sacrificed, he’s not the easiest to fit into Bruce’s favoured systems, and he would probably fetch a decent fee. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather keep him, as I would all of our best players, but if we have to wheel and deal, he’s one who would have takers. If it were one or the other, I’d choose Hector over Reach. Don’t know how much we could achieve for Reach, but a fee of about 3m seems to be what Chelsea would expect for Hector

You’ve said Reach is one of our best players and I agree, he will not be sacrificed to get Hector tho and that’s a fact !!  Any wheeling and dealing will be done with others, a couple of names were mentioned, but didn’t ask you all know I won’t say.   UTO 

5 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

You’ve said Reach is one of our best players and I agree, he will not be sacrificed to get Hector tho and that’s a fact !!  Any wheeling and dealing will be done with others, a couple of names were mentioned, but didn’t ask you all know I won’t say.   UTO 

I would be happy if it’s not Reach, but him Joao and Bannan are our most saleable assets. Don’t want to sell any of those, but neither do I want to lose out on Hector. The obvious one to sell is Rhodes of course. We have a potential buyer in Norwich, and Rhodes himself wants to go, but will we be able to agree a deal. Other players won’t get us anywhere near what we need to be able to go back in for Hector.

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would be happy if it’s not Reach, but him Joao and Bannan are our most saleable assets. Don’t want to sell any of those, but neither do I want to lose out on Hector. The obvious one to sell is Rhodes of course. We have a potential buyer in Norwich, and Rhodes himself wants to go, but will we be able to agree a deal. Other players won’t get us anywhere near what we need to be able to go back in for Hector.

Do you really think Bruce will rip a side apart to get Hector, when we’ve got the German lad in. Hector at the moment is to expensive for us.   UTO 

5 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Do you really think Bruce will rip a side apart to get Hector, when we’ve got the German lad in. Hector at the moment is to expensive for us.   UTO 

He said himself that he might have to wheel and deal, so who better to have to wheel and deal for. We don’t have a clue what this German guy is like, he’s no youngster, and he’s spent his career in the lower leagues in Germany. Now he may be a good player, he may not be, we don’t know, but we do know how good Hector is. He was the main reason Bruce was able to get us to a mid table place in the championship. I dread to think where we would have finished without his many man of the match performances. I don’t expect Bruce to rip the side apart, and I don’t want him to sell our better players. It would be much better if we could raise enough by selling the likes of Rhodes, Winnall and Van Aken

4 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Arrons is definitely on the list, but Newcastle want a sale hopefully Bruce can sort that one out.  UTO 

Wouldn't be against that for a reasonable price, assuming he can stay fit. 

Similar to Onomah; good age, bit of pace and decent technical ability. One good season from these kind of players and have the potential to be a £15-20m player. 

3 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Better than anything we have got, who knows a decent manager will bring out the best in him!

Have to agree. FFP wont allow us to recruit the pick of the bunch for every position and we need to look for value.

Ticks the boxes in terms of experience, he's a solid LB and the fact he has gone off the boil suggests some ability that a change of scenery and manager can rekindle.

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He said himself that he might have to wheel and deal, so who better to have to wheel and deal for. We don’t have a clue what this German guy is like, he’s no youngster, and he’s spent his career in the lower leagues in Germany. Now he may be a good player, he may not be, we don’t know, but we do know how good Hector is. He was the main reason Bruce was able to get us to a mid table place in the championship. I dread to think where we would have finished without his many man of the match performances. I don’t expect Bruce to rip the side apart, and I don’t want him to sell our better players. It would be much better if we could raise enough by selling the likes of Rhodes, Winnall and Van Aken

Doesn't matter how much you know about the German lad if Bruce and his team are confident in him that's all we need to know 

22 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Doesn't matter how much you know about the German lad if Bruce and his team are confident in him that's all we need to know 

The point is, we know what Hector can do Anyway, the German lad is all left foot, so more likely to be a replacement  for Pudil, or one of the other left sided centre backs

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The point is, we know what Hector can do Anyway, the German lad is all left foot, so more likely to be a replacement  for Pudil, or one of the other left sided centre backs

Hector played on the left everytime we had 2 cb's.  Forget him, he's not coming.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Left:  Borner, Thorniley.

Right:  Lees, Iorfa.  

Hutch as back up.  Sorted.