Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Van Aken and Thorniley We could certainly cash in on the Dutchman

So again you would strip the side to get one player ?  Thorniley is a fantastic young centre half, and Van Aken showed a lot of quality before getting injured. But you want to get rid. I think you should take a bit of time and think about what you’re posting     UTO 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

So again you would strip the side to get one player ?  Thorniley is a fantastic young centre half, and Van Aken showed a lot of quality before getting injured. But you want to get rid. I think you should take a bit of time and think about what you’re posting     UTO 

I certainly wouldn’t sell Thorniley, and I’ve always championed his qualities on here. On the other hand, if Borner arrives, I think we could let Van Aken return to Holland, which really wouldn’t be stripping the side/squad

22 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Van aken isnt good enough .a defender who is crap at defending

32 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Maybe let the best manager we’ve had since Ron decide that!

Possibly, is that the same manager who wants a smaller, more manageable squad? If so, we don’t need three players for every position, and we would then have three left sided centre backs Reckon one has to leave

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If we sold Lees to finance Hector returning I'd be happy with that.

Lees was the weak link in defence last year.

Don't agree I think he started a bit slow but as the season grew he was as good as any other player 

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not one manager has ever not played Lees. Some have even made him Captain. 

Don't get how he is all of a sudden bad for us.

Calling him the Weak link in the start of the season - everyone was absolutely shambolic due to the manager 

He’s a class act Lees, and with Hector alongside him that defence was as good as any second half of season

Any Irish league fan knows anything about Danny Mandroiu ?

He is talk of the weekend over there after helping Bohemians beat Shamrock Rovers. Apparently most talented player in Irish top leage, and ex Brighton prospect. Should be available for very little in terms of transfer fee and wages, good age to sell for profit if proves himself over here as well.

Never seen him play, but interested in opinions of those who did.

2 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Thorniley did look to have the makings of a good player but I was less impressed by VA. He started quite well but then seemed very poor, ok it wasn't much to go on and he might develop into a good player but if we could exchange him (and a bit of the folding stuff) for Hector, I'd take Hector.

Normally I'd assume that we'd scouted VA and seen that he had great potential but our recruitment at that time was dreadful and it would be a stretch to give him the benefit of the doubt.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Any Irish league fan knows anything about Danny Mandroiu ?

He is talk of the weekend over there after helping Bohemians beat Shamrock Rovers. Apparently most talented player in Irish top leage, and ex Brighton prospect. Should be available for very little in terms of transfer fee and wages, good age to sell for profit if proves himself over here as well.

Never seen him play, but interested in opinions of those who did.

Some goal at weekend. Reminded me of Forestieri goal against Norwich. A lovely technical player who stands out at that level. Definitely one that Bohs fans are enjoying while they can. It's a risk but one worth taking for us. Not expensive, will be competition you would imagine. 6 goals in 20 games this season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Don't agree I think he started a bit slow but as the season grew he was as good as any other player 

Lees can be great with the right player along side him but he struggles without that support. That is a weakness.

Would I sell him? Yes at the right price but he'd be great if we got Hector to partner him.

11 minutes ago, djstatic said:

Some goal at weekend. Reminded me of Forestieri goal against Norwich. A lovely technical player who stands out at that level. Definitely one that Bohs fans are enjoying while they can. It's a risk but one worth taking for us. Not expensive, will be competition you would imagine. 6 goals in 20 games this season 

Thanks on a kind response.

We need to find diamonds in rough to get us out of FFP trouble.

No pint of taking note of players like Bradley Dack after they scored 15 goals a season for Blackburn. We need to scout high and low to find talent before they become common knowledge...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Possibly, is that the same manager who wants a smaller, more manageable squad? If so, we don’t need three players for every position, and we would then have three left sided centre backs Reckon one has to leave

As much as I appreciate your input......

I’ll leave it to someone who knows what he’s on about!

30 minutes ago, malek said:

Thanks on a kind response.

We need to find diamonds in rough to get us out of FFP trouble.

No pint of taking note of players like Bradley Dack after they scored 15 goals a season for Blackburn. We need to scout high and low to find talent before they become common knowledge...

It's not something we have ever done well really. I look back over the last 20 years. There's only a handful of ones where we identified one we could improve and make into a better player. Turner signed two good uns in Brunt and Whelan. I'm scratching my head at finding other examples to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, djstatic said:

It's not something we have ever done well really. I look back over the last 20 years. There's only a handful of ones where we identified one we could improve and make into a better player. Turner signed two good uns in Brunt and Whelan. I'm scratching my head at finding other examples to be honest. 

Look that we signed likes of McCabe and Corry, and possibly their best games for us were their debuts. Smells so strong of signing good talent that we failed to develop. 

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Look that we signed likes of McCabe and Corry, and possibly their best games for us were their debuts. Smells so strong of signing good talent that we failed to develop. 

Sean Clare also