Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

15 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Cattermole is a leader and we don’t have many of them. He sticks up for his teammates and I suspect there would be more to his signing than just his ability on the pitch. 

Depends how we intend to play, if it’s 3 5 2 then he could be accommodated and do a specific job well. But in a 4 we would look leggy. 

Worth noting he scored 7 times last season from defensive midfield. 

Scored 7 times in League One and failed to get them promoted, having been part of a side that got relegated 2 seasons in succession. Sticks up for his team mates when they get into bother on nights out though apparently so the fact he is a failure on the pitch recently and isn't getting younger can be glossed over. 

9 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Us and Boro are in a battle to sign Kadeem Harris according to Football Insider.

If reliable, he'd be a smart signing if we can get him. Would give us the pace we need and would be a good fit for a Steve Bruce team. Surprised Cardiff are letting him go to be honest.

26 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

If reliable, he'd be a smart signing if we can get him. Would give us the pace we need and would be a good fit for a Steve Bruce team. Surprised Cardiff are letting him go to be honest.

Warnock thought his Surname was Arris, and decided there can only be one complete Ar5e at the club.

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Scored 7 times in League One and failed to get them promoted, having been part of a side that got relegated 2 seasons in succession. Sticks up for his team mates when they get into bother on nights out though apparently so the fact he is a failure on the pitch recently and isn't getting younger can be glossed over. 

I don’t think it’s as simple as a single player being responsible for two relegations when the wider club is in meltdown. We have players who have failed to get us promoted but there is interest in them. 

There are plenty of players I would pick ahead of Cattermole and noting is glossed over but he is a voice on the pitch and plays the senior pro role well now having been through a rough spell earlier in his career. He is just not worth the 40k a week the Mackems are paying him though so any deal would be subject to some arrangement with them.

Edited by Bluesteel

32 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I don’t think he played much in their promotion season? But was linked to Leeds and Villa last season.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Wasn’t George Thorne a decent holding player? Unwanted at derby but Forest keen.

More injury prone than Hutch, and that takes some doing, 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Us and Boro are in a battle to sign Kadeem Harris according to Football Insider.

This might be the first time location is of benefit to us. Nobody would want to move to Middlesbrough. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Please let Boro get him, he is not a good quality his ready at Cardiff proves that.

We would be better off looking to the lower league for a player we can develop into someone better.

Guest gizowl
10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

This might be the first time location is of benefit to us. Nobody would want to move to Middlesbrough. 

Your trying your best to upset Gibson aren't you. :tango:

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Wasn’t George Thorne a decent holding player? Unwanted at derby but Forest keen.

Excellent player but career ruined through injury. Signing players with horrendous injury records is not way to succeed.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as a single player being responsible for two relegations when the wider club is in meltdown. We have players who have failed to get us promoted but there is interest in them. 

There are plenty of players I would pick ahead of Cattermole and noting is glossed over but he is a voice on the pitch and plays the senior pro role well now having been through a rough spell earlier in his career. He is just not worth the 40k a week the Mackems are paying him though so any deal would be subject to some arrangement with them.

Did not impress in league one. Reportedly his wage reduced to £40,000 a week when Sunderland dropped out of Premier. This is a ridiculous wage for a player of his ability. He has learned to manage injury but it has cost him the zip which made him a good defensive midfielder. Taking a player on with his past history and at his age would be unsound business. Clearly a mate of Bruce family as currently on holiday with Alex. Hence speculation and with us needing cover in that area can understand polite enquiry. I am sure Cattermole would enjoy linking up with Bruce and Sunderland love to get rid but surely common sense will prevail and he will continue to be a burden for Sunderland.

Harris played fifteen games for Cardiff last year, scoring once. Matias did better.

Cattermole on 35-40K with two years of his contract left, so we'd have to give him a three-year one or pay him more, no thanks.  That's without talk of any transfer fee (though I'm sure Sunderland would be pleased to let him go on a free).

I'm really hoping these links are unfounded.

Edited by Beauchief Owl