Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Harris played fifteen games for Cardiff last year, scoring once. Matias did better.

Cattermole on 35-40K with two years of his contract left, so we'd have to give him a three-year one or pay him more, no thanks.  That's without talk of any transfer fee (though I'm sure Sunderland would be pleased to let him go on a free).

I'm really hoping these links are unfounded.

15 appearances in the premier league is decent! Matias did not play in the premier league!

Agree on Cattermole would rather we look at players who will develop rather than those on 40k a week!

Cattermole is Sunderland's Rhodes.

Wish we'd stop doing other clubs favours by buying them out of their mistakes.

No one does that for us, unless Norwich do but I'd be surprised. 

Edited by Beholder

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Please let Boro get him, he is not a good quality his ready at Cardiff proves that.

We would be better off looking to the lower league for a player we can develop into someone better.

Genuine question, what do you base that on?

I saw him a few times when Cardiff got promoted, seemed direct and could travel with the ball. Have you seen much of him?

Kadeem Harris .. dunno about that one 

It’s a shame Aarons has injury issues, would be a good addition but wouldn’t take the risk personally with his injury record 

Not fussed about Harris, only had one season where he has played a decent amount of games and that was 16/17 where he managed 37. His next best was for Wycombe in 11/12 which was 17. I find that very strange for a 26 year old. 

52 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Genuine question, what do you base that on?

I saw him a few times when Cardiff got promoted, seemed direct and could travel with the ball. Have you seen much of him?

The season they got promoted he barely played a game, last season he manager just 13 appearances, he has played maybe 70 games in 6 or 7 season and at 26 years old there are much better players out there.

Junior Hoilette played most of the games for them the season they got promoted, he did play in 2016/17 didn't look anything special and his stats suggest that too.

Edited by room0035

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

To an extent, I agree, age can be  irrelevant, if you’re good enough. However, I would suggest that a lot of these players mentioned, are no longer good enough. Don’t forget, Abdi, Jones and Boyd were all good players.

There is also the issue of the team being collectively too old, which I would suggest, ours was. If we just replace the older ones who have left, with a new set of oldies, how does that help? We already have plenty of experience, good players at this level, but what we need are younger players with pace and energy, players who are on their way up. We can do that with loans, we don’t need to be recruiting 6 or 7 players who have all seen better days. 

Agreed. Loans are the way we should be going. Forget 3 year permanent contracts especially on players with previous long term injuries. 

Can we not loan Hector again btw? 

Ryan Kent, Ole Aina, piazon there's feckin loads about with good experience and better than what we have. Use what's available! 

3 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Agreed. Loans are the way we should be going. Forget 3 year permanent contracts especially on players with previous long term injuries. 

Can we not loan Hector again btw? 

Ryan Kent, Ole Aina, piazon there's feckin loads about with good experience and better than what we have. Use what's available! 

Hector is into the last year of his contract I think Chelsea will be looking to sell as the new rules coming in only allow 8 loans I think it is and they won't want to be wasting one on him.

We should put a cheaky bid in of £1m if we have any money with a promise of another few million more if we get promotion.

So, we seem to be after experienced full backs, centre backs, centre midfielders, and wingers, where do we envisage the young loanees will play? I know the loan players will probably not arrive until nearer the end of the window, but if they are any good, we will surely want them to start. Most definitely their clubs will. If we have filled every position with freebies, as some are suggesting, we won’t be able to convince their clubs to let them join. We can get far better players on loan, than we could expect to buy, and not only that, they will be young energetic, and most probably quick. Thus fulfilling our main requirements. 

I know it’s only rumours, and these are only suggestions, but think about it, if we want 4 or 5 quality loans, we have to be able to play them

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So, we seem to be after experienced full backs, centre backs, centre midfielders, and wingers, where do we envisage the young loanees will play? I know the loan players will probably not arrive until nearer the end of the window, but if they are any good, we will surely want them to start. Most definitely their clubs will. If we have filled every position with freebies, as some are suggesting, we won’t be able to convince their clubs to let them join. We can get far better players on loan, than we could expect to buy, and not only that, they will be young energetic, and most probably quick. Thus fulfilling our main requirements. 

I know it’s only rumours, and these are only suggestions, but think about it, if we want 4 or 5 quality loans, we have to be able to play them

Instead of signing young loanees, we'll sign their fathers. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Hector is into the last year of his contract I think Chelsea will be looking to sell as the new rules coming in only allow 8 loans I think it is and they won't want to be wasting one on him.

We should put a cheaky bid in of £1m if we have any money with a promise of another few million more if we get promotion.

I agree. 

Just been looking on transfer market of young players who have been out on loan or loan contracts finish this month. We need to tap into these players. Some of their stats are bob on! Ok some have gone to America or Germany etc but are making a mark. Get them here and let them make a mark for us just like Hector did, wilson did for Derby and Kent did for Rangers. Some serious quality kids around. Get em in! 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And get the majority of their wages paid for hopefully. Win win.