Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

He hasn't had much of a winning mentality at Sunderland. But like you say if Bruce rates him that's fine by me. 

He’s been riddled with injuries hasn’t he but from my understanding ( I don’t follow football ) he always gives too much which is why is discipline record isn’t the best 

Cattermole is a leader and we don’t have many of them. He sticks up for his teammates and I suspect there would be more to his signing than just his ability on the pitch. 

Depends how we intend to play, if it’s 3 5 2 then he could be accommodated and do a specific job well. But in a 4 we would look leggy. 

Worth noting he scored 7 times last season from defensive midfield. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Sunderland forums seem to think he’s in 40k a week

General feeling is that his legs have gone and slows there play down. They looked a better team when he was injured

I’ve seen Sunderland a few times last season and I think, like us, their whole team just lacks energy and pace. He seems to get a lot of criticism as he’s on a big wage and isn’t worth that money any longer. But if he wasn’t on that money and was on a championship wage then it probably wouldn’t get picked up on as much. He’s just the typical old fashioned  holding player who needs younger legs around him.

Edited by Bluesteel

Nixon is also saying Ryan Kent will be going on loan as Liverpool don’t want to sell him. This is the kind of player I’d like to see us go for on a season loan, young & talented with experience in this league.

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All my days, Lee friggin Cattermole, Bruce wants his bumps feeling if there’s any truth in this rumour

Only 6 or 7 years above your all players under 25 policy.

:Sid:

Surprised you ain't more excited about this.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Only 6 or 7 years above your all players under 25 policy.

:Sid:

Surprised you ain't more excited about this.

I can’t be arsed mate, it’s as if people think we can’t sign players under thirty. We need players on the up, and to stop living in the friggin past

Edited by gurujuan

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I can’t be arsed mate, it’s as if people think we can’t sign players under thirty. We need players on the up, and to stop living in the friggin past

I think it could be more of a sign that we are priced out of those players ie Morsy and it’s now a case of who can he get who he knows and trusts. An approach that Dave Jones adopted.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it could be more of a sign that we are priced out of those players ie Morsy and it’s now a case of who can he get who he knows and trusts. An approach that Dave Jones adopted.

Maybe, but it would just be replacing one lot of has beens, with a new lot of has beens

Really hope Bruce isn’t after Cattermole, will be on a hell of a lot of money and not the type of player we need imo. He’s 31 and seems to pick up injuries every season. Pace and power is what we are missing and have needed for so long. 

Edited by WalthamOwl