Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The dynamic midfielder needs to play alongside Hutchinson not replace him.

Catermole would be Hutchinson's replacement.

Only if they do a job share and share one wage.lol

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

This rumour doesn’t appear to be going away.....

This mornings Sunderland Echo - Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing Lee Cattermole this summer, according to fresh reports.

I'm pretty sure when he's 50 and owns a pub we'll still see summer reports about us interested in signing him :duntmatter:

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cattermole isn’t rounduns by the way. Trying to do a swap deal with Winnall going the other way. Just Cattermole’s wages are a big stumbling block.

Would be a very poor deal IMO. I'd take money for Winnall if they want him, but Cattermole not what we need  

Cattermole looked decent in the championship for a while before Sunderland nose dived. But more recently Sunderland looked so similar to us in terms of their players knowing what they wanted to do but not having the legs in midfield. 

Given the link to Morsy this alternative is less attractive 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ffs. Can't wait for walking football next season then. 

Bruce wants to play a 3-4-3 next season. Wing backs and holding midfielder is the priority. Cattermole definitely one of his targets, but not sure if we can match his wages. Would be a swap with Winnall, who was due to go to Sunderland in January but chose to fight for his place. 

I’ll trust Bruce’s judgement. If we can get mobile players around Cattermole it could be a decent signing. He’s a fighter, can break up play and protect the defence. Plus Bruce knows his character.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce wants to play a 3-4-3 next season. Wing backs and holding midfielder is the priority. Cattermole definitely one of his targets, but not sure if we can match his wages. Would be a swap with Winnall, who was due to go to Sunderland in January but chose to fight for his place. 

I’ll trust Bruce’s judgement. If we can get mobile players around Cattermole it could be a decent signing. He’s a fighter, can break up play and protect the defence. Plus Bruce knows his character.

**** that. Rather have James O'Connor