Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

27 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Hilarious

EC53A40D-7300-4A6E-8765-7D6A5A5A9598.jpeg

Don’t think Millwall would get him, but wouldn’t rule out us selling him 

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think there is too much doom and gloom around just about any name that's being linked at the moment. I sometimes do wonder given all the talk about P&S, what can we really expect with regards to signings. In truth we should trust one of the best managers in the business at this level who just happens to be our current boss.

exactly this, common sense astute approach is needed, we don't need names or expensive signings. It's about bringing in players to fit how we want to play, Harris to me looks like a Bruce player at one of his previous clubs and would be a smart signing without breaking the bank. Personally, I'm more excited about being linked with the likes of Harris than Cattermole, and I think players like Harris, Borner and other out of the box or astute bargains and smart loans is the best way to go about it. But at last we've got a proper manager in charge that we can trust and whoever we sign, he's already shown what a difference a proven manager makes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think Millwall would get him, but wouldn’t rule out us selling him 

I wouldnt rule out selling anyone if Bruce thinks the money can build us a team capable of challenging for promotion next season. 

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

exactly this, common sense astute approach is needed, we don't need names or expensive signings. It's about bringing in players to fit how we want to play, Harris to me looks like a Bruce player at one of his previous clubs and would be a smart signing without breaking the bank. Personally, I'm more excited about being linked with the likes of Harris than Cattermole, and I think players like Harris, Borner and other out of the box or astute bargains and smart loans is the best way to go about it. But at last we've got a proper manager in charge that we can trust and whoever we sign, he's already shown what a difference a proven manager makes.

Don't forget he turned Villa from a shower ofshite to a team that won promotion with a total spend of 1.5m, we are in very very good hands and can count ourselves very fortunate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It also depends on what we are looking for in a wide player Until we know how Bruce wants to set up, the type of wide player needed won’t be known For instance, at Villa, he used Kodija as a wide player, probably because he guaranteed goals. Neither Harris nor Aarons offer that.

looks to me like we're looking for pace and energy to feed off Fletcher and to do the leg work for our experienced key players? Bruce knows what he's doing and we have to be astute to bring in what we need but it's about the team effectiveness rather than individuals.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Don't forget he turned Villa from a shower ofshite to a team that won promotion with a total spend of 1.5m, we are in very very good hands and can count ourselves very fortunate.

Didn’t Villa sack him because he didn’t win a game for ages?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I think it was a net spend of 1.5m rather than actual spend? 

10 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Exactly ^

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And yet Dean Smith, rightly accredited Bruce for signing and building the foundations for their promotion. There's no patience or sympathy in football nowadays but to me it looks like we're lucky to have a manager of Bruce's calibre.

Edited by The Night-Owl

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Funny isn’t it, we live in a world where football fans always complain about managers being sacked too soon & during a poor run of results and should be given time to turn it around. But when it’s a manager we’ve hired, suddenly he deserved to be sacked and isn’t that good.  A playoff final followed by 2 defeats in the first 11 games of the season isn’t exactly terrible 

2 minutes ago, malek said:

With FFP in place we must dig for gold, players we will send for profit to alow us more funds to spend. Hope Bruce got file on best lower league talents and free signings...

Any interesting tips mate, of maybe young lower league talents who have run down their contracts?

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

This 1.5m number is total billicks. He brought in Abraham, Kodija, Lansbury, McGinn, Hourihane, Mings, Hogan

Anyone who believes that lot plus the others cost 1.5m lives in lala land. 

I like Bruce a lot but he can spin with the best of them...