Adam Reach

6 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Yep I agree,  put him in the Wolves team and I don't think he'd look out of place

He wouldnt get in the wolves team not a chance

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Tonight showed he’s not a premier league player imo 

No, the last 3 seasons showed he isn’t a premier league player . He’s average but his worldies are why people noticed him . There is only really Keiran lee pre biscuit hip era in the last 5 or 6 years who was premier league ability in our squad 

6 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Yep I agree,  put him in the Wolves team and I don't think he'd look out of place

He would . Wolves midfield has players like jota and neves . Reach isn’t a tenth as good as those players and that’s not being critical . He’s just a bang average championship midfielder 

23 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He would . Wolves midfield has players like jota and neves . Reach isn’t a tenth as good as those players and that’s not being critical . He’s just a bang average championship midfielder 

I think plenty of “bang average” championship players would envy Adam Reach this season.

its debatable whether he would be ready for the premier league (he can adapt as has here) but to judge off a showing where all his team mates were slow and a good 10-20 yards away at best for much of the game is a bit harsh.

We don’t seem to have any gameplan when it comes to Reach. 

We ask him to push us forward from deep and then somehow be the person who gets the ball in the box for Fletcher, and then somehow hope the ball opens up on the right channel for him to have a crack.

You better focusing him on one thing, rather than asking him to do it all.

Guest LittleG
13 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Problem with Reach is...for all his talent, you expose a flaw in his game wherever you play him. That's probably why he's been moved about so much.

Lacks pace and trickery in attack. Lacks bite & presence in midfield. Lacks defensive ability at wing-back/full-back. He's enigmatic. 

Sums him up perfectly; although he normally covers up his shortcomings through his workrate

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

We don’t seem to have any gameplan when it comes to Reach. 

We ask him to push us forward from deep and then somehow be the person who gets the ball in the box for Fletcher, and then somehow hope the ball opens up on the right channel for him to have a crack.

You better focusing him on one thing, rather than asking him to do it all.

Echo this, was just about to say he needs to stick to one position and improve on that. Probably outwide. 

2 hours ago, markowl said:

Adam Reach making an unexpected move to be the next scapegoat.

Didn't see that coming... 

Im not scapegoating I was merely making an observation if the money from wolves is true and its a big if i would sell. I do actually like Reach but not as brilliant as made out to be. Just above average in this division. But do firmly believe not played in best position wide left.

Edited by JOHNHARKES

13 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

How many of you lot on here who are slagging Reach off, were at Boro on Boxing Day chanting his name? Some reyt hypocrites in our fan base jeeze!

There'll not be many on here who were at Boro I'm afraid. There's not that many that tip up at hillsborough near mind Middlesbrough. lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Is it me or has he been wee wee poor for the last 5 games.  Completely bang average tonight. When had chance to put himself in shop window. Take 12m now if true re wolves. I do actually like Reach but there isnt a fine line in fans opinion of him. Im bang in the middle he isnt brilliant nor shyyyte just an above average Championship player.

For me he is an excellent left wing back / left midfielder but this insistence on playing him as a "number 10" is making him look foolish, anywhere down the left for me and we have ourselves a very competent player.

As for Boyd he was embarrassing yesterday

• Like 1

Said it before. Reach isn’t the player to do that central ‘free role’. It takes a very special player to do that.

And I think it takes away from our overall play.  When we play this free floating thing we have no structure to our play.

Nobody knows where anyone is or is going.  When we play with two up top (with Joao supporting Fletcher) we know how to attack. 

Ball to Fletcher. Support from Joao. Out wide to and back in with the midfield supporting if we want to come back inside. The Fletcher up top with three behind doesn’t work for us because we don’t have the players to make that run from midfield to pass it though the defence

4–4–2 might not be fashionable but it works at our level. I don’t advocate it against top sides away from home like last night (or even top sides in the Championship) but against most we’ve got more than enough talent just to keep it simple

28 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

How many of you lot on here who are slagging Reach off, were at Boro on Boxing Day chanting his name? Some reyt hypocrites in our fan base jeeze!

If singing a players name means he’s good we’d have the best team ever over the last 20 years!!

14 hours ago, maldino2004 said:

I actually thought that Bannan was one of the players who could hold his head high tonight along with Tom Lees. 

I thought Bannan was gash! Didn't get a foothold on the game and usual passing game was non existent .. didn't even see his trademark 360 spin on the ball!

• Like 1