Adam Reach

Disappointed with Reach of late...he comes inside off the right flank and you think he’s going to unleash a worldie (or at least take a shot) and it fails to materialise. Wallace always looked for that left foot shot, however I suppose he had Jack Hunt as a slight diversion/option on the overlap whereas Palmer doesn’t make that run as frequently. He might have scored with that first effort v Chelsea if he’d really cracked it...just seemed to end up as a miscue.

23 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

I rate him. Good engine and endeavour.

Always fit too.

Would be an asset to any quality squad - even a Premiership one.

The lad must have a heart the size of a dustbin lid, trying to carry this squad week in week out.

He hasn't even been close to carrying us for some time now. Really hasn't ever apart from the odd worldy goal, that doesn't count as carrying a team unless he does it far more than once per game. How many assists has he provided the past 2 seasons for us? 

Definite sell for me if we get good money.

47 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Thing with Reach is he’s not even standing out in our poor squad 

take away the couple wonder goals - could you honestly say that he’s performed head and shoulders above the rest? 

Nope, still seems like a player from the youth team who’s been called up too soon. 

A worry for me is that Agnew used to coach him when he was younger, but isn’t exactly getting the best out of him so far. 

So is that because Agnew isn’t a great coach, or Reach won’t progress?

I guess we’ll find out when Bruce takes over 

Square peg, round hole. Just like when Carlos first signed him. 

We're using Reach's engine, versatility and stamina to make up for missing attributes in other players in the midfield. And just like when he was sold down the river at left back he is coming in for criticism because of it.

He is far from perfect but it would be Godsend if Bruce can find a way of playing him in his preferred position. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Owls2k said:

We're using Reach's engine, versatility and stamina to make up for missing attributes in other players in the midfield. And just like when he was sold down the river at left back he is coming in for criticism because of it.

He is far from perfect but it would be Godsend if Bruce can find a way of playing him in his preferred position. 

Agree 100%.  This is exactly why Reach is played in so many roles,  just depends on what the Manager feels is lacking in midfield, according to the opponent.  It must drive Reach nuts to have to play like this, but he does it, he shows up for every single match, and does the best he can with the position he's asked to play, even if he doesn't agree with it.

He's not a tough-tackling, bad-ass big man, but most tough-tackling big men can't get up & down the pitch like Reach does.  He's not such a good Defensive Midfielder, got more of an offensive bent, likes to move towards the opponents' goal.  He does, in my opinion, hold onto the ball too long when he's in either box, 6 or 18 yard, and subsequently loses the ball and/or a good chance for a goal or an assist, because he's not a Nuhiu, whom is very good at keeping the ball in traffic, and whom will knock you on your ass.

Sell him?  I would have agreed with this sentiment if Penney were not out for the season with a rather serious injury.  Ideally, we'd have both Reach & Penney, so each can get a rest when needed, but our left wing would still be a force to be reckoned with.  I do think if we get an offer of 6-8-10 million, with a lot upfront, we'll take it.  Then we have to replace him, and our in-house replacement (to my mind), Penney, would have to come off his injury and be the same Player we all saw early this season.

In any case, neither Reach nor any other Wednesday Player was responsible for the result against Chelsea,  we were just plain outclassed.  That Chelsea had an 80% possession rate, and we had 20%, is not, can not, be because one Player on the Wednesday 11, "fooked' up.  80% of 90 minutes, that's 72 minutes, 20% is a lousy 18 minutes.  This is not the fault of Adam Reach, the one time he did get the ball, he tried for goal.  There's 'ya a dose of a top 4 Club, 2nd 11 (for the most part) in the 1st League, or whatever it's called these days.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Owls2k said:

What is his preferred position?

On 27/01/2019 at 20:07, JOHNHARKES said:

Is it me or has he been wee wee poor for the last 5 games.  Completely bang average tonight. When had chance to put himself in shop window. Take 12m now if true re wolves. I do actually like Reach but there isnt a fine line in fans opinion of him. Im bang in the middle he isnt brilliant nor shyyyte just an above average Championship player.

I think tonight highlighted the gulf in class between Prem and EFL. Reach is playoff quality in Championship but way short of Prem. Too slow in thought and deed. Would imagine that showing might make Wolves think twice