Chairman’s statement

9 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Sounds like "I have, and continue, to do my bit"

"now its your turn"

Hope I have budgeted enough for my season ticket.

Also looks like we have to sell someone otherwise nothing else will materially change before the various deadlines.

I think the fans have done their bit.
Prices been increased and been brought in record numbers since Chansiri took over. Many people myself included have pushed the boat out to buy multi year season tickets. Replica shirts brought in record numbers. 
Think in a city like Sheffield you are at the limit already to ask fans to dig deep again. 
Although I am reserving judgement fully before I have seen details of the revised 1867 Scheme. 

Simply reinforces the view that although he has the right intentions he simply has not got a Scooby doo how to run this football club.

So when he came in and said that the 'AIM' (not guarentee as incorrectly interpreted by many) was to get promoted by our 150th year what he actually meant was 'avoid relegation' 

Edited by poite
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Sounds like "I have, and continue, to do my bit"

"now its your turn"

Hope I have budgeted enough for my season ticket.

Also looks like we have to sell someone otherwise nothing else will materially change before the various deadlines.

Yes, been saying that for weeks. We have to sell and now

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

IMO people have read the statement wrong 

To me it doesn’t read like he’s asking fans  for more money, he’s asking that we stick together and the relationship between club-fans is maintained 

He doesn’t need our money

Why the revised 1867 Scheme if he doesn't need our money?

5 minutes ago, poite said:

Simply reinforces the view that although he has the right intentions he simply has not got a Scooby doo how to run this football club.

So when he came in and said that the 'AIM' (not guarentee as incorrectly interpreted by many) was to get promoted by our 150th year what he actually meant was 'avoid relegation' 

Either he thinks the fans are idiots or he's away with the fairies. It's on record what his initial ambitions were. Is this an attempt to rewrite the narrative and set expectations as simply staying up? 

We need more revenue as stated by DC.

Currently we have fans money, tv money and what ever the club get in sponsorship from the chairman and the other sponsors.

We can see from match days how little other sponsors there are and a lack of national sponsors so is there no sponsors out there who want to sponsor the Owls does the current trial taking place maybe have something to do with no wanting to be associated with the owls currently who know. 

Personally though if we need to maximise revenue then we should not just be looking at tapping the fans up again. 

I work in a local business and speak with a lot of them and business are not fans corporate sponsorship or entertaining is used to get your business more trade, if you have the same product on offer and one is 100% cheaper you are going to pick the cheaper option. I don't like to compare our club to the blades but look at the prices they charge for Corporate entertaining and sponsorship them look at what we charge. Our price point is completely wrong hence we have sold no Corporate box at £48,000 a season but SUFC have at £19,000 a season. This is just one example of where we are losing revenue 25 corporate boxes at £20,000 a season brings in £500,000 a drop in the ocean what we need but with the boxes comes other business into the stadium which could lead to other sponsorship and business opportunity. if we could find from corporate boxes, corporate entertaining, sponsorship and maybe even naming rights revenue of anywhere from £1-5m depending of what companies we get involved this will only make the club financially stronger in the future.

We have one of the highest fan contributions to turnover in the league and the policy of trying to get the fans to pay for everything is only going to go one way, as fans perceive the club as milking them and the numbers start to decrease. 2019/20 season ticket prices will be a made or break time for SWFC under DC for me. Try are eke out yet more money and the net affect will be another drop in revenue.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We possibly could bring in a couple of million more, that still leaves us way short of the £15m required. That money simply has to come from selling assets on the pitch.

Does that include the out of contract players? Surely releasing all of these, as expected in the summer would save £10-12m off the wage bill?

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We need more revenue as stated by DC.

Currently we have fans money, tv money and what ever the club get in sponsorship from the chairman and the other sponsors.

We can see from match days how little other sponsors there are and a lack of national sponsors so is there no sponsors out there who want to sponsor the Owls does the current trial taking place maybe have something to do with no wanting to be associated with the owls currently who know. 

Personally though if we need to maximise revenue then we should not just be looking at tapping the fans up again. 

I work in a local business and speak with a lot of them and business are not fans corporate sponsorship or entertaining is used to get your business more trade, if you have the same product on offer and one is 100% cheaper you are going to pick the cheaper option. I don't like to compare our club to the blades but look at the prices they charge for Corporate entertaining and sponsorship them look at what we charge. Our price point is completely wrong hence we have sold no Corporate box at £48,000 a season but SUFC have at £19,000 a season. This is just one example of where we are losing revenue 25 corporate boxes at £20,000 a season brings in £500,000 a drop in the ocean what we need but with the boxes comes other business into the stadium which could lead to other sponsorship and business opportunity. if we could find from corporate boxes, corporate entertaining, sponsorship and maybe even naming rights revenue of anywhere from £1-5m depending of what companies we get involved this will only make the club financially stronger in the future.

We have one of the highest fan contributions to turnover in the league and the policy of trying to get the fans to pay for everything is only going to go one way, as fans perceive the club as milking them and the numbers start to decrease. 2019/20 season ticket prices will be a made or break time for SWFC under DC for me. Try are eke out yet more money and the net affect will be another drop in revenue.

£500,000 so the club doesn't have to pay any staff, all the food and beer they get is free etc etc. Mandaric was selling these boxes at £25k and was making a loss. I hope you never attempt to run the local business you work for.

Guest Willow Owl
47 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its a metaphor. 

Hes made far too many mistakes. He hasn't learnt from them repeatedly. Its not about forgiveness, holding hands and moving on. Its about being genuinely concerned that the guy running this club has got no clue how to do it. Are you not alarmed at this situation? Its a shambolic and unsustainable way to run the club. 

Never said he hasn't made mistakes he has. 

I would also be concerned whoever was in charge of the club especially round FFP. 

Im my opinion DC deserves the chance to turn things round for the following reasons. 

1- The club is on a sound financial footing with no external debt. (His doing).

2- All player transfers and wages and day to day running costs are down to DC with no bank loans etc. (even if some of the signings have turned out wrong) 

3-  FFP (of which he has to take majority of blame) will in my opinion be changed and we will be better equipped and wiser to deal with it. 

4- Has taken the first step by employing SB. Who is a proven Champuonship manager. 

What i will not do is criticise and belittle the chairman for everything he does and take cheap shots and indulge in name calling. 

I will also continue to post my opinions on this despite the efforts of namely Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (and their merry little followers) Sorry, @rickgoo and his imaginary friend @Mr Farrell

Who try to gain votes or by deliberately posting sarcastic comments about people who have differing views to their own. Or deliberately neg away.

Not a dig at you Enchanter by the way. 

3 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Give it a rest will you Carol Vorderman. Have you actually taken in anything to to do with revenue, income and spend. Your figures are everything in a perfect world and dont stack up. 

our wage bill when announced in 6 weeks will be 29million plus that's staggering and a huge huge waste , the point im making we can lose abdi,jones,hooper etc who all offer nothing on the pitch anymore and there huge wages could easily make season tickets and pay per game tickets a lot cheaper without impacting on whats on the pitch , there are several players leaving this summer and our wage bill needs to come down a little below 25million but that should still allow us to bring in decent players as long as it aint wasted on has beens.  I personally don't think bruce will hang about as he seems to think he is promised money as agnew said, we came because the club has the same ambition as us, but clearly chansiri has stated that we very likely will be back in an embargo this summer as the figures what are out feb 28th will show a huge loss and at least 10 million over ffp , even if we sell reach now that wont impact on those figures but it might appease the league like it did when we sold hunt and Rhodes went out on loan . either way id love to know where bruce is going to get funds from ,there for certain wont be any fees paid out, whether he can tap into man utd for some young stars and through his contacts maybe bring in others we can hope. 

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

£500,000 so the club doesn't have to pay any staff, all the food and beer they get is free etc etc. Mandaric was selling these boxes at £25k and was making a loss. I hope you never attempt to run the local business you work for.

Revenue and profit are to completely separate things.

Does the chairman know the difference as this could be fundamental to any money coming in.

You normally factor for PROFIT NOT REVENUE as the chairman said in his statement, that you bill 1/3 wages, 1/3 cost, 1/3 profit.

Tell me though how can SUFC sell the boxes at £19,000 a make a profit but we cannot make a profit at £25,000 clearly someone is taking bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does the chairman know the difference as this could be fundamental to any money coming in.

You normally factor for PROFIT NOT REVENUE as the chairman said in his statement, that you bill 1/3 wages, 1/3 cost, 1/3 profit.

Tell me though how can SUFC sell the boxes at £19,000 a make a profit but we cannot make a profit at £25,000 clearly someone is taking bullshit. 

Do they make a profit?

Or is this the most they can charge to contribute towards costs, subsidised by selling their best player every year? (Not suggesting selling players is wrong, we could learn a lesson here)

My interpretation from what DC said is that he invested, as revenue, amounts in excess of the previous box total as sold at the lower figures. I get why he did this, but do agree we should make more effort to develop corporate partnerships with local businesses, although I am minded that he also stated that certain local businesses were deliberately increasing their prices for services tendered.

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

our wage bill when announced in 6 weeks will be 29million plus that's staggering and a huge huge waste , the point im making we can lose abdi,jones,hooper etc who all offer nothing on the pitch anymore and there huge wages could easily make season tickets and pay per game tickets a lot cheaper without impacting on whats on the pitch , there are several players leaving this summer and our wage bill needs to come down a little below 25million but that should still allow us to bring in decent players as long as it aint wasted on has beens.  I personally don't think bruce will hang about as he seems to think he is promised money as agnew said, we came because the club has the same ambition as us, but clearly chansiri has stated that we very likely will be back in an embargo this summer as the figures what are out feb 28th will show a huge loss and at least 10 million over ffp , even if we sell reach now that wont impact on those figures but it might appease the league like it did when we sold hunt and Rhodes went out on loan . either way id love to know where bruce is going to get funds from ,there for certain wont be any fees paid out, whether he can tap into man utd for some young stars and through his contacts maybe bring in others we can hope. 

To be fair Handsworth i think we will have more of an idea in March. I just have a hunch the EFL will change the spending limits because the number of clubs in trouble is only going to grow and grow with rising transfers and wages. You cant impose sanctions on all clubs. Hopefully Bruce will have settled in by then and we will have a clear plan regarding players. 

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How do you know SUFC's run at a profit, they've made a lot of money from player sales, perhaps McCabe is bankrolling them, do you have the evidence that they cost £19k or is that more stuff off the top of your head?

Edited by toppOwl