Chairman’s statement

Guest Willow Owl
15 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So if a criminal admits to his crimes you start liking them for it?

You do realise hes laying this crap on the line because its his own doing and the paying 'customers' or fans have a right to know about their club. This statement is not some sort of sacred blessing that we should be thankful for. 

So he's a criminal now as well?

Have you never made any mistakes? 

Read the part where he apologies for the embargo! 

I never said it was a sacred blessing and i am not a religious person by the way. 

Original question was to RIckyGoo

9 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Just an afterthought, but I'm sure we could have spent a lot less and still avoided relegation!

Yep. We were 7th or 8th when we signed Rhodes werent we? Hardly in danger of relegation. 

Mind you, im certain in one of his statements his aim was promotion

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Can you sign free transfers under embargo? You can retain out of contract players 

I believe so yes with a cap an wages probably, i dont see how you can resign a player on £20k a week for example if you if can only offer 10k a week?

If we head down signing youngsters then 10k a week should be ample anyway

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

So he's a criminal now as well?

Have you never made any mistakes? 

Read the part where he apologies for the embargo! 

I never said it was a sacred blessing and i am not a religious person by the way. 

Original question was to RIckyGoo

Its a metaphor. 

Hes made far too many mistakes. He hasn't learnt from them repeatedly. Its not about forgiveness, holding hands and moving on. Its about being genuinely concerned that the guy running this club has got no clue how to do it. Are you not alarmed at this situation? Its a shambolic and unsustainable way to run the club. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its a metaphor. 

Hes made far too many mistakes. He hasn't learnt from them repeatedly. Its not about forgiveness, holding hands and moving on. Its about being genuinely concerned that the guy running this club has got no clue how to do it. Are you not alarmed at this situation? Its a shambolic and unsustainable way to run the club. 

His FFP/P&S Compliance Consultant based on measurable success at Leicester City could be argued as one of the best in the business.

I still think the rules will be adjusted by the EFL to avert chaos.

Its an honest statement and I see it has an appeal for help from supporters to back club in whatever way they can so we can maximise resources to progress in league. I am encouraged as reading between the lines I think he now realises he has been taken for a ride by his advisors and see this as a way of saying I got it wrong without having to admit publicly he has poured best part of £40 million down the drain. I also think he has put worse possible spin on things so as to get people to buy in to whatever he does next.

I am supportive of the Chairman and genuinely believe he believes 100% what he says.

Having said the above. To those who have watched football years we do know that some of players signed were not they type of you want to consolidate position and build a team to progress in league. Bringing players to club at end of playing careers is exactly the opposite of building to progress and consolidate position in league. The squad is unbalanced and lacks energy and pace essential for this league. Bringing in managers and coaches who have little knowledge of this country let alone league and no international reputation again is not a way of achieving these goals. Especially when you sacked a man who had kept us in league on a shoe string budget and had seen more generated from sales than was invested in players under his management. The Chairman was probably told it was by his trusted advisors, they were wrong and it has left club between a rock and a hard place. We now have a manager who has a good record in league and unfortunately little funds to back him and a squad that will have to be rebuilt. I sincerely hope that Steve Bruce now has control of expenditure and we are not relying on advisors who has put us in this difficult position.

9 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Isn't it about time even the 2 club employees on here admitted he needs help ?

It's for the good of our long term future.

Have you got your mankini ready? After this statement you may just need it.

Yes he does need help but if he has put Bruce in charge of all football matters think that side could be sorted. The commercial side still needs sorting particularly with regard corporate involvement.

I am now thinking who are the club employees?

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Its an honest statement and I see it has an appeal for help from supporters to back club in whatever way they can so we can maximise resources to progress in league. I am encouraged as reading between the lines I think he now realises he has been taken for a ride by his advisors and see this as a way of saying I got it wrong without having to admit publicly he has poured best part of £40 million down the drain. I also think he has put worse possible spin on things so as to get people to buy in to whatever he does next.

I am supportive of the Chairman and genuinely believe he believes 100% what he says.

Having said the above. To those who have watched football years we do know that some of players signed were not they type of you want to consolidate position and build a team to progress in league. Bringing players to club at end of playing careers is exactly the opposite of building to progress and consolidate position in league. The squad is unbalanced and lacks energy and pace essential for this league. Bringing in managers and coaches who have little knowledge of this country let alone league and no international reputation again is not a way of achieving these goals. Especially when you sacked a man who had kept us in league on a shoe string budget and had seen more generated from sales than was invested in players under his management. The Chairman was probably told it was by his trusted advisors, they were wrong and it has left club between a rock and a hard place. We now have a manager who has a good record in league and unfortunately little funds to back him and a squad that will have to be rebuilt. I sincerely hope that Steve Bruce now has control of expenditure and we are not relying on advisors who has put us in this difficult position.

I like a lot of what you say fella,but the one thing that really,really grinds my gears is this "Bringing players to the club at the end of their careers",who were these players ?