Chairman’s statement

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

As I understand P&S / FFP was set up after the HMRC told the Football Authorities to get its house in order after clubs like Leeds, Portsmouth and nearly Wednesday went into admin and the Tax Man lost millions. 
No club has gone into Admin recently because of the rules.

I get that. What i don't get is why clubs like us (that can prove the funds are there) and not coming from loans from banks etc, shouldn't be allowed to spend and try to get to the premier league. Especially when competing against clubs with parachute payments. 

Guest LittleG

Apparently all the money we have spent has just been to avoid relegation and not push for promotion; which is contrary to what he said when he bought the club. Apologies if this has already been mentioned but not reading through 28 pages to find it and just wanted to get this off my chest. O think the statement he's made about avoiding relegation is bizarre.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We need promotion this season...

But his investment up until this point was to keep us in the Championship...

And yet we talked about promotion by our 150th anniversary....

But the spending of 8 million on Jordan Rhodes, 4.5 million on Abdi and the rest was done to keep us up....

But we need to get promoted...

However, our spending to keep us up, has led to the club facing profit and sustainability sanctions which could lead to our relegation...

When you break it down, the whole thing is complete gobbledygook. 

Amazing isn't it?

So what is DC saying? That according to their own sustainabilty rules, just to compete in the Championship..is not....(drum roll) financially viable?

I can hear unclutched straws hitting the boardroom floor.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

I get that. What i don't get is why clubs like us (that can prove the funds are there) and not coming from loans from banks etc, shouldn't be allowed to spend and try to get to the premier league. Especially when competing against clubs with parachute payments. 

Ours not to reason why. Ours just to buy a football club and head up poo creek spunking millions with the simple aim of avoiding relegation. 

• Like 1

He should be (if he isn't already) be actively looking for buyers.

He has proved he is out of his depth, the longer he stays the worse it will get.

He isn't learning from the countless errors he makes.

I don't doubt he started with good intentions but sadly he isn't up to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingsidney said:

I’ll take a leaf out of your book.. 

You can prove this right. :duntmatter:

Alright so lets imagine he hasn't, he's sat in his office racking his brains trying to think or revenue streams and hasn't thought of getting sponsorship!!! Really???

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Sounds like the incoherent  ramblings of someone who has had a few too many shandies.

Are we talking about DC or a lot of the posters on here!

Bruce cant be on 2m basic a year that has to be testicles???!!!! Would imagine on he is on a basic contract with big bonus attached (for staying up??). Find it odd we have attracted him with the current situation all to apparent and looking ominous. And the chance of no signings or sales?? Very strange. Especially with other jobs available to him if he held out i.e Stoke. Just hope Dej is dampening expectations to an all time low and fearmongering and has another trick up his sleeve. Other than a failed 1867 venture again!!!!. But think basically its buy this or we are in a full blown embargo come April the end of the financial yr. And I expect no signings next season at ALL in both windows. Expect Bruce to walk as well if this happens. Oh the joys of Wednesday!!

Never, on the footy field, has so much been spent by so few for for so little.

Yes, DC got badly mugged but lots have extracted urine and millions from our great club.

Just to enter 'comfort zone' (Reach) or scoff fry ups for breakfast (Pessy), before training for a couple of hours.

Shameful. 

Guest LittleG
11 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Apparently all the money we have spent has just been to avoid relegation and not push for promotion; which is contrary to what he said when he bought the club. Apologies if this has already been mentioned but not reading through 28 pages to find it and just wanted to get this off my chest. O think the statement he's made about avoiding relegation is bizarre.

Just an afterthought, but I'm sure we could have spent a lot less and still avoided relegation!

Emotional blackmail and manipulation at its finest and a lot of people are getting suckered in by it.. Appreciate his honesty? Where was that honesty when we were heading in to an embargo last year? Or heading right up sh*t creek without a fecking boat let alone some paddles.

Basically, we need the support from many that live in one of the most financially impoverished regions in northern europe to invest more money in to a club that, currently is shambolically run, otherwise we are in the sh*tter come March.

I’m appalled that it is has come to this yet again. Begging from the chairman thanks to his and whoever’s total incompetence trying to balance the books through lack of player sales, lack of income generation and an over reliance on promotion and the fan bases wallets.  

Investing in what will probably be a dud scheme though.. jesus wept .. I know what he’s hoping from the Club 1867.v2 scheme. 10k fans stump up £1200 for it, that’s £12m towards P&S … or something similar.

The problem is .. when will it end? Those at the club are showing they aren’t savvy enough at the moment to generate income for the club through player and product sales or generating income via other methods .. so back to square 1 – get money off the fans. Then same will happen what, 12 months down the line, and again probable. Never ending.

And where I appreciate him coming in with his dosh, buying us a nice new pitch and scoreboard, investing in the squad and his honesty with these statements and sometimes buy in to the fact that he does want to get it right at SWFC .. its seems he only brings them out when he wants to make or prove a point or needs more cash stumped up by the fans .. and that he is still absolutely useless at running the club.      

Edited by Hack-Abusi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Sell players? When have we done that? Were going to lose 14 for free and be in a soft embargo unable to replace them. 

Which means we may have to make contract renewal offers to some.

To sell players somebody has to make you an offer 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Chansiri was/is using the same FFP/P&S Compliance Consultant as Leicester City were.

Costs have risen since the limits were originally set and we are one of several clubs struggling to stay within them.

The rules have only changed so far in terms of their implementation and it was a change that caught more than us by surprise.

This is an EFL Championship problem and  not a SWFC problem.

Its still the clubs problem to resolve irrespective where it came from

Just now, Ash76 said:

Which means we may have to make contract renewal offers to some.

To sell players somebody has to make you an offer 

Why? If you can afford a new contract you can afford to offer wages to other players out of contract. We need new players, not these ones

Baffling. We appoint a manager and talk about promotion, then release a statement like this. What are fans supposed to think?

Reading between the lines this is surely a bit of spin to prepare for selling players? He seems to think it's a terrible thing to do but we all seem to have accepted it already. 

Surely Bruce has come in knowing all this and is prepared to wheel and deal. If not then it's another decision that makes no sense.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

I don't think supporters are the main target audience of the statement but the haters gonna hate.

I think you're right but I feel there's a slight dig at ones that are super critical of him.

IMHO it's aimed at a combination of everybody involved in football now regarding P&S - and many of these people are not experts in the footballing world.

DC would and could throw a lot more at the club but his hands are tied. He is exploring other options and one is unfortunately to ask the fanbase to help further as one way of improving revenue.

Just now, billyblack said:

Why? If you can afford a new contract you can afford to offer wages to other players out of contract. We need new players, not these ones

Can you sign free transfers under embargo? You can retain out of contract players