Chairman’s statement

Guest Kameron

No one to blame but himself. he knew the restrictions before he started, his answer at the time was "don't worry we have friends".  As stated in that FFP article, he's spent £126 for every £100 coming in, he gambled and failed big time and now want fans to dig deep and bail him out.   Heart warming to know we call all chip in and cover the cost of Abdi's wages whilst he sits in the stands until the end of the season. 

4 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Here you go again, the highest paid player at the club is on £35k so I've no idea how McManaman got 40, do you get your info from The Sun? :tango:

He was on £40,000 salary at West Brom we were told at the time we were coving his full salary. With no information to the contrary you use what is available. Can you tell me from your very obvious links to the club what we did pay for him and whether there was any loan fee as seem s to be the way in modern football.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He was on £40,000 salary at West Brom we were told at the time we were coving his full salary. With no information to the contrary you use what is available. Can you tell me from your very obvious links to the club what we did pay for him and whether there was any loan fee as seem s to be the way in modern football.

You were told by whom he was on £40K, the player? His agent? The chairman? Chris Wilder? A man in the pub?

Edited by toppOwl

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There were 4 links provided to you (lastnight/early hours)in regards  to Callum's move to swfc,not one,not a single one mentioned his wage at west brom or the fact we were covering it all,now be a good sport and prove me and others wrong ?

Edited by DELUDED OWL

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If everyone was paid what you claim they are paid we'd be 150m quid over the limit at least.

Having slept on it. 

Im seeing it this way. 

We need to generate something, to keep us out of an embargo come the summer, we then lose a ton of players off these contracts and we can slowly rebulid. 

However, the big problem I have with this scheme (depending what it is). Why are we now at a point of chucking good money after bad, to service this. 

Why would i trust, the club (im not labelling the chairman here) with more of my hard earned cash, when the evidence suggests itll be wasted. 

Ill wait to see, what this scheme is, as its probably unfair to be critcal, until we have it infront of us. 

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

Have you got your mankini ready? After this statement you may just need it.

Yes he does need help but if he has put Bruce in charge of all football matters think that side could be sorted. The commercial side still needs sorting particularly with regard corporate involvement.

I am now thinking who are the club employees?

They have been easy to spot for some time.

My mankini is still safe. His incoherent and confusing statements usually mean nothing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

So what does KM do then?

Thanks for the compliment btw.

She's in charge of the community and retail side. DC confirmed this at the fans forum. So far everyone i know who has dealt with KM has only positive things to say about her. 

She is genuinely the least of our problems. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wmb said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm sure DC regrets signing Abdi, Van Aken, Jones, Rhodes etc however at the time they seemed like decent signings which the majority of us applauded. Rightly or wrongly he rolled the dice in those first 2 years. We are now going to have to take our lumps and start again. No amount of whinging is going to get us out of this situation. Lets see how the next 2 months unfold and then go from there. I'm 99% sure that the 1867 scheme is not the only thing he is considering at the minute. Take a breath and chill, things will work out.

You just don't get it do you we have been under an embargo since March 2018, we have been under a self imposed embargo for the last 3 transfer windows. The only plan for that time has been promotion. No plan B

We are carrying too many players that have not played this season, not including the time they were out last year. in the summer we will not be able to sign any players when hooper, abdi, lee, westwood, fox, palmer, boyd, jones, matias, pudil and the two loan lad. We can only then sign 1 when we get rid of one and there are very specific rules in doing it. So we could start next season with the current squad minus 11 released players and two loan with no being able to sign any players.

We need cash in to balance the book and a few hundred grand from the fans is not going to cut it. We have only the players as assets and if we do not want to continue this downward spiral then there has to be sales in the next 2 weeks.

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

I am encouraged as reading between the lines I think he now realises he has been taken for a ride by his advisors and see this as a way of saying I got it wrong without having to admit publicly he has poured best part of £40 million down the drain.

Except sage and onion was pictured in Sheff city centre with DC meeting Bruce

Don't think he's out of their grip yet

1 hour ago, pussface said:

Breaking sustainability rules isn't investing to maintain your championship status. Note that DC inherited a team and club that was already consolidated in the Championship, a team built on sound financial footing. A team which even after the splurge, supplied the main spine for the play off first XI (Westwood, Lees & Lee), all three of which were free signings. Achieved by a manager who enjoyed the net transfer spend of zero pounds, a manger under DC's own wisdom was dispensed with to bring in his own man, who then oversaw the rush to emulate the late Richardson era of irresponsible spending..

He shot at the moon, and missed...twice.

So what was plan B? Sell all those players we could no longer keep hold of of course. Ah but wait, DC won't sell any players (apparently), even though their wages and transfer instalments would breach… yes..Sustainability rules! 

So there wasn't a plan B after all.

I'm sorry, whilst appreciating his candour it doesn’t get round the fact that our current predicament is simply the culmination of his inept leadership of the club. It was promotion in two years or bust. DC is effectively on record saying this. Yet now apparently we had to waste all that cash just to stand still.
Really? Because I’m looking at teams such as Brentford, and Huddersfield when they went up. I fail to see their signings of £8 million has been strikers and over 30 journeymen on wages over £40k a week.

So here we are, club back up for sale, in financial difficulty and fighting relegation. Only this time with the added bonus of an inevitable transfer embargo which will make replenishing the team problematic to say the least.

If you want an insight into our next preseason, google that Hull City squad picture with 5 players in it.

This should be made available to all of the lemmings on social media who are applauding DC for being open and showing pashun. I honestly despair at times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

So because he’s spent what he can we shouldn’t maximise all other advertising opportunities blue chip, local or national????

again I can’t take you serious because either you are being deliberately ignorant or just plain silly. 

The corporate side if ran well and efficiently will bring a hell of a lot more revenue than our ticket paying fans do. 

If you honestly think we cannot bring in more revenue and no make that significantly more than the current nothing then you are blind as a bat 

We possibly could bring in a couple of million more, that still leaves us way short of the £15m required. That money simply has to come from selling assets on the pitch.

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

This should be made available to all of the lemmings on social media who are applauding DC for being open and showing pashun. I honestly despair at times. 

I suggest the accounts of both Brentford and Huddersfield are looked at prior to publication and that the claims re. wages are evidenced first though.

Just now, upperwinngardensowl said:

Sounds like "I have, and continue, to do my bit"

"now its your turn"

Hope I have budgeted enough for my season ticket.

Also looks like we have to sell someone otherwise nothing else will materially change before the various deadlines.

If that really is his message then he is royally taking the wee wee out of the fans. 

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So because he’s spent what he can we shouldn’t maximise all other advertising opportunities blue chip, local or national????

again I can’t take you serious because either you are being deliberately ignorant or just plain silly. 

The corporate side if ran well and efficiently will bring a hell of a lot more revenue than our ticket paying fans do. 

If you honestly think we cannot bring in more revenue and no make that significantly more than the current nothing then you are blind as a bat 

We obviously can't or it would have been done, why didn't previous chairman also think about this lucrative revenue stream, perhaps your onto something that they all missed :stuwinky:

2 hours ago, torres said:

I understand what you are suggesting  - with transfer fees, wages etc increasing dramatically, £39m seems relative peanuts 

BUT those are the rules, the clubs are aware of them, so work within them.

Don't spend £10m on a forward who is past his best and we don't need

Don't fill your squad with over aged players on £20k+ a week - with no way of selling them on

There is no excuse for being where we are or any club for that matter 

Absolutely - unfortunately that lot across town are currently a good example of this.

1 hour ago, pussface said:

Breaking sustainability rules isn't investing to maintain your championship status. Note that DC inherited a team and club that was already consolidated in the Championship, a team built on sound financial footing. A team which even after the splurge, supplied the main spine for the play off first XI (Westwood, Lees & Lee), all three of which were free signings. Achieved by a manager who enjoyed the net transfer spend of zero pounds, a manger under DC's own wisdom was dispensed with to bring in his own man, who then oversaw the rush to emulate the late Richardson era of irresponsible spending..

He shot at the moon, and missed...twice.

So what was plan B? Sell all those players we could no longer keep hold of of course. Ah but wait, DC won't sell any players (apparently), even though their wages and transfer instalments would breach… yes..Sustainability rules! 

So there wasn't a plan B after all.

I'm sorry, whilst appreciating his candour it doesn’t get round the fact that our current predicament is simply the culmination of his inept leadership of the club. It was promotion in two years or bust. DC is effectively on record saying this. Yet now apparently we had to waste all that cash just to stand still.
Really? Because I’m looking at teams such as Brentford, and Huddersfield when they went up. I fail to see their signings of £8 million has been strikers and over 30 journeymen on wages over £40k a week.

So here we are, club back up for sale, in financial difficulty and fighting relegation. Only this time with the added bonus of an inevitable transfer embargo which will make replenishing the team problematic to say the least.

If you want an insight into our next preseason, google that Hull City squad picture with 5 players in it.

Have to agree but many think the chairman can do no wrong.

His continuing policy of head in the sand and hope for promotion is the reason we will still be in this mess in 2 season time with probably a team in a lower league.