Early highlights of the game well done Dawson

4 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

they need protection.  without FF,Lee and Bannon retaining possession it puts way more pressure on defence.  With their short/long term absences and we have been crap at playing forward and resorted to sideways soccer we inevitably end up defending more.

I was with you until *sideways soccer.* 

Our defending though ... f*ck me woeful .. Palmer looks like a sunday league reject in that highlights vid .. terrible. That bit when he gets megged, Should be launching in to a crunching tackle and taking both man and ball ffs ..

Poor defending for that bit at the end though. 4 players around the Luton forward and none of them won the ball. Palmer brushed aside.

We definitely need some players in the full back option. Palmer and Fox are good as back up only even if they have hit a bit of form recently ...

Chelsea are gonna have a flipping field day at Stamford Bridge *shudders*

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

That's a bit OTT. in the two play off seasons our defence was just fine: good haul of clean sheets; <1.0/game conceded.

It has been more than dreadful this season, but the Luton games seem to have been a bit of a break from that. We were uncreative at home but defended fine: they had zero decent chances. if accurate the highlights show a moment of absolute lunacy and then one gilt edged unmissable chance for them; but all told two clean sheets against a high scoring confident side is encouraging.

I don’t agree. Even in the play-off season I think we gave the opposition too many opportunities. We got away with it a lot.

last season we were poor and this season we are poor. We just don’t look comfortable, organised and solid when we don’t have the ball.

3 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

Looking at those highlights, HOW THE fizz do we lose this duel that is probably the best chance Luton had...

There are 4 (yes, in fact 2 Wednesday players near that Luton player plus the other two in front)... unforgiveable we can't clear that one with a good, defensive header...

image.png.6eb2db3f85a4c455ab81aa0e517f7862.png

Bad communication.

Palmer is well positioned, to jump and defend it.

Thorniley comes across, backing in, not looking where he's going.
This forces Palmer out of position or they'll collide and keystone cops it.
They keystone cops it anyway and neither win it.

Palmer should shout and claim it.. and if he did then Thorniley should bloody well listen.

But.. none of that excuses the 3 unmarked men lined up on your 6 yard box.
Hector, Lees and Nuhiu just ignoring opposition players that they should be marking. Embarrassing.

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

FFS.....that back pass from TL. The only time I've ever seen anything like that before is on FM19!! lol

Roly did it better against Blackburn in the semi final 2nd leg in 93. Only mistake he ever made he was that good.

We do look a bit ropey. 

You'd like to think that having Hutchinson in midfield would make a difference. 

Midfield with Bannan and Reach is so lightweight. 

Bruce has a got a huge task in front of him.