Jump to content
RUMBELOWS91

Absolutely nothing going forward today.

Recommended Posts

This is why Reach isnt the £15m+ player people think he is!

  • Agree 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst performance of the season. No one comes out of that with any credit. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang on. Wev'e spent all week on practising being more offensive. I think we overlooked how to stop Hull. This does not bode well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Fletcher, Matias, Boyd, Bannan, Reach.

 

These 5 have made nothing happen today. Can't blame the defence. They've had no respite. Simply failed miserably to keep the ball in the opposition half- let alone make anything happen.

 

Need FF and Joao back desperately.

totally agree,our strikers are so limited its ridiculous,need a massive clearout,realistically don't think we have 6 players worth keeping,really look a div 1 team,Bruce has got a massive job on without a doubt

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Fletcher, Matias, Boyd, Bannan, Reach.

 

These 5 have made nothing happen today. Can't blame the defence. They've had no respite. Simply failed miserably to keep the ball in the opposition half- let alone make anything happen.

 

Need FF and Joao back desperately.

 

Agree about the attack but can't say the defence are blameless today, plenty of teams manage to play with no attacking threat yet at least manage to defend as a unit. We could easily have been 3 down before they deservedly took the lead.

 

Shocking performance all round and Agnew's absymal record as a caretaker manager should perhaps have been taken into account before giving him this position for a month.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clear outs can wait, these players have shown they are good enough under Bullen

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Worst performance of the season. No one comes out of that with any credit. 

 

To be fair there have been plenty of contenders in that respect but the fact that the 2 performances under Agnew have been pretty poor on the back of the renewed positives that the previous 4 games had brought does not bode well.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entire team were poor, we were not able to cope with Hull. Team did not have skill to penetrate their defence and defence was unable to engage with midfield. It showed gulf where team is and where we need to be .

 

We need proper defenders we need a midfield that can tackle and run, we need real pace up front. The team also lacks on field tactical ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Clear outs can wait, these players have shown they are good enough under Bullen

 

Good enough for what exactly?  2 out of those 4 games were played against teams with 10 men.  Plus Middlesbrough were in totally rancid form when we beat them on Boxing Day.

 

4 creditable results under Bullen?  Yes.

 

Papering over the cracks?  Absolutely.  And therefore, we DO need a clear out in the summer IMO.

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with FF and João we still don’t create much 

 

Bannan is seen as god on here but he takes large responsibility, what does he do apart from long ball to fletcher or fancy turns on the centre circle? 

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Shocking performance all round and Agnew's absymal record as a caretaker manager should perhaps have been taken into account before giving him this position for a month.

Totally agree. Don't want to hear any more of the 'training has  been great' and 'they've had smiles on their faces' comments. He needs to put the smiles on the supporters' faces and he didn't today.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People keep saying "clear out". you need players that people actually want to do that. would you honestly pay good money for any of our players based on that display?

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Totally agree. Don't want to hear any more of the 'training has  been great' and 'they've had smiles on their faces' comments. He needs to put the smiles on the supporters' faces and he didn't today.

 

They certainly haven't looked like they are playing with a smile on their face in the last 2 games whereas in the 4 games previous there was clearly some level of enjoyment on the pitch which was reciprocated in the stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullen last game, although a draw, was the best we have played all season.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Even with FF and João we still don’t create much 

 

Bannan is seen as god on here but he takes large responsibility, what does he do apart from long ball to fletcher or fancy turns on the centre circle? 

 

Set up the only goal of the game in the recent win at Boro and played in the ball that resulted in our goal in the 1-1 draw against Brum, just from recent games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Bullen last game, although a draw, was the best we have played all season.

 

Agree, we have won games that were less enjoyable to watch this season than that performance was and I came away looking forward to seeing us play again, which had been lost under Jos and the last 2 matches seem to have taken away that renewed belief in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see the game but i think our main problem is our over reliance on Bannan.

 

If i were Bruce my clear out would start with him- despite him ironically one of our most gifted players. Keep him in the side and we will always be also rans- just not consistent enough because we lack that dominance in the middle of the park. Particularly against teams who work hard to close us down.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Hang on. Wev'e spent all week on practising being more offensive. I think we overlooked how to stop Hull. This does not bode well.

Agree. Fletcher has many limitations,  but without Joao he needs Matias near him for some pace. Over to Giddings to ask Aggers about it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Fletcher, Matias, Boyd, Bannan, Reach.

 

These 5 have made nothing happen today. Can't blame the defence. They've had no respite. Simply failed miserably to keep the ball in the opposition half- let alone make anything happen.

 

Need FF and Joao back desperately.

Fletcher has been past it for 2 years. The fact that we have to bring that lump on shoes how bereft of talent we are.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...