Rumour heard on Golf course.

No one decent out there will touch us. We will only attract characters like Cellino who have zero interest in helping the club. 

Even a super rich owner is going to have their hands full. Firstly there’s the asking price which could be the first stumbling block. Then there’s the small matter of needing to generate around 15 million to get within the P&S limits. This will no doubt have to see player sales with little revenue to replace them. 

Next we need to survive relagation  Then you probably still can’t go for it again until the season after next. 

Can we really envisage anyone out there up for that challenge?

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

No one decent out there will touch us. We will only attract characters like Cellino who have zero interest in helping the club. 

Even a super rich owner is going to have their hands full. Firstly there’s the asking price which could be the first stumbling block. Then there’s the small matter of needing to generate around 15 million to get within the P&S limits. This will no doubt have to see player sales with little revenue to replace them. 

Next we need to survive relagation  Then you probably still can’t go for it again until the season after next. 

Can we really envisage anyone out there up for that challenge?

Maybe if the new owner owned another club who we could loan decent players from like Watford did.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think the whole point of the Fans Forum, was to announce "Club For Sale"

Thats why he needed, the journalists involved.

So he'll have made his mind up and put plans in motion well before the forum.

Totally. I thought the same when the forum was announced and then when it was cancelled I thought he might have a different announcement. 

Its the news a lot of us wanted.

Last week we were 15/2 to get relegated, odds have now halved. 

Could be a rough ride, I just wish the manager was leaving aswell.

32 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Totally. I thought the same when the forum was announced and then when it was cancelled I thought he might have a different announcement. 

Its the news a lot of us wanted.

Last week we were 15/2 to get relegated, odds have now halved. 

Could be a rough ride, I just wish the manager was leaving aswell.

Agreed, there’s a reason he wanted that forum before Christmas. It was a “come and get me” plea to interested buyers. 

So that they buy the club in January (and spend money on players to keep the club up).  As Chansiri and his advisors will know that if we get relegated then the value of the club in the summer will be halved. 

I suspect Chansiri told the players that he was going to sell the club and that Jos will be replaced by new owners, so they need to keep quiet and focus on playing for Wednesday. As the manager they don’t seem to like.. is going to leave soon enough 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

He would never Take bid of 50 million let’s face it he’s at a loss of 80 million He’s looking around about 90 100 million Before he would take it I know that sounds outrageous but that’s how it is

He would be lucky to get 50 million. It could be time to cut losses. I suspect he is in for about 100 million and way things are heading could lose lot.

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Bing Cosby said:

I've heard something similar.

Apparently its a consortium featuring Phillip Green and Minnie Driver.

I believe Jeremy Irons and Ronnie Wood are also involved

41 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

He would never Take bid of 50 million let’s face it he’s at a loss of 80 million He’s looking around about 90 100 million Before he would take it I know that sounds outrageous but that’s how it is

The logic of the bigger the losses the higher the price is certainly original but if that is it then he‘s going nowhere fast and can look forward to burning a good bit further yet through whoever’s cash pile he’s using to fund his caper in English football.

But if that is the logic then give it a couple more years and the club will be worth £150m...the man is a financial genius.

Edited by kobayashi
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agreed, there’s a reason he wanted that forum before Christmas. It was a “come and get me” plea to interested buyers. 

So that they buy the club in January (and spend money on players to keep the club up).  As Chansiri and his advisors will know that if we get relegated then the value of the club in the summer will be halved. 

I suspect Chansiri told the players that he was going to sell the club and that Jos will be replaced by new owners, so they need to keep quiet and focus on playing for Wednesday. As the manager they don’t seem to like.. is going to leave soon enough 

There's no chance that the sale of the club will be completed in time to affect January transfer window activities.