Rumour heard on Golf course.

So what with be wrong with Doyen buying the club?

I thought that the problem with them was the conflict of interest--they mis-advise clubs to push their own assets, not meet the needs of the club.

But if they owned the club, our interests would be aligned. I mean, they would still be blood-sucking vampires, but if they were sucking the life out of other clubs for our (i.e. their own) benefit, that would be good for us, right? 

1 minute ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

I thought that the problem with them was the conflict of interest--they mis-advise clubs to push their own assets, not meet the needs of the club.

But if they owned the club, our interests would be aligned. I mean, they would still be blood-sucking vampires, but if they were sucking the life out of other clubs for our (i.e. their own) benefit, that would be good for us, right? 

Sorta poacher turned Gamekeeper?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sibon said:

Exactly this. He was suspiciously keen to rearrange the forum once his Octagon rally was cancelled.

This has been a carefully choreographed move. The thing that concerns me is why he’s felt it necessary to stage manage the announcement. Who is he flogging us to? 

This is bang on in my eyes I don’t understand why the forum wasn’t done at Hillsborough anyway they facilitated everyone so why did they even consider octagon. He was desperate to get the forum to be on and to announce sale is only reason I can think of let’s face it he’s not sacking jos because he knows new owners will most likely sack him anyway lol saves him a pretty packet 

4 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I played a back 9 with Hoops the other day, grinning like the Cheshire Cat he was, boasting about how much money he’s rinsed off DC at the club

He then hit a lovely tee shot, full motion may I add 

I walked up to the first tee wiv Abdi......

Hope he got back OK..............

37 minutes ago, sibon said:

Exactly this. He was suspiciously keen to rearrange the forum once his Octagon rally was cancelled.

This has been a carefully choreographed move. The thing that concerns me is why he’s felt it necessary to stage manage the announcement. Who is he flogging us to? 

I wish I shared your confidence that anyone at the club is capable of a carefully choreographed move

• Haha 2