Rumour heard on Golf course.

5 hours ago, sibon said:

Exactly this. He was suspiciously keen to rearrange the forum once his Octagon rally was cancelled.

This has been a carefully choreographed move. The thing that concerns me is why he’s felt it necessary to stage manage the announcement. Who is he flogging us to? 

Why would he do that, makes no sense.

11 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Nobody is buying this club at the minute

We are in a right mess and with FFP, nobody will touch us until we’re sorted - going to be another year of DC

I think any buyer will be looking at all of the contracts that are up at the end of the season. Chansiri will also have asked Football League for certain assurances that become part of the DD.

It would take a commercial animal such as Red Bull to really maximise the fanbase and Yorkshire is a huge catchment area for youth players (look at the England side) and for flogging energy drinks.  Loan or share players from the other franchised clubs to get us promoted.  Sort the finances in one fell swoop.  Invest heavily in the academy and get to tier 1 status.  Attract the best talent from Yorkshire region who want to be associated with the Red Bull academy.

Not a bad shout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I think any buyer will be looking at all of the contracts that are up at the end of the season. Chansiri will also have asked Football League for certain assurances that become part of the DD.

It would take a commercial animal such as Red Bull to really maximise the fanbase and Yorkshire is a huge catchment area for youth players (look at the England side) and for flogging energy drinks.  Loan or share players from the other franchised clubs to get us promoted.  Sort the finances in one fell swoop.  Invest heavily in the academy and get to tier 1 status.  Attract the best talent from Yorkshire region who want to be associated with the Red Bull academy.

Not a bad shout.

Agreed, i believe Red Bull bought Leipzig when they were in the second tier with a good youth set up. And as you say we have a few players out of contract next summer. If someone buys us soon and bring in players on loan in Jan to help us stay up. They have a fairly clean sheet to start with next summer. 

As Chansiri says he hopes the FFP situation will be changing in the summer so that next season can be better for us