Steve Bruce announced next week

7 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Never played for us, nor in England I don’t think. 

Personally I wouldn’t be against an untried ex footballer being manager, only providing if within the football community he is considered to be the next Guardiola or Potchettino, or more realistic the next Nuno from wolves. If we are getting extra funds too would be really be upset if we get a manager like Nuno (not actually Nuno) with money to spend?

So the new rumour is someone with no managerial experience and of course no experience of the league we play in. 

I just don't see DC having so much contempt for the club to make such an incompetent decision, when it's obvious to most that what we need is experience.

Fans are not stupid and likely to reject another unknown foreign manager from day one and suspect even those to take a moderate stance of 'Give him a chance' will be in the minority. The fans forum will certainly be lively.

Given our apparent financial restrictions  I just don't envy DC's job of finding a new coach/manager. I'm surprised we are even linked with any names tbh 

even if the new guy is unknown or tainted by a past  we have no choice but to go with it and hope for the best as @ReadingOwl   says the real long term problem lies beyond

every good manager starts somewhere  there are countless examples of so called nobody's going on to be considered good managers - 

more than ever now even 3rd rate footballers are young millionaires other than coaching ability it's about man management and motivational skills 

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Given our apparent financial restrictions  I just don't envy DC's job of finding a new coach/manager. I'm surprised we are even linked with any names tbh 

even if the new guy is unknown or tainted by a past  we have no choice but to go with it and hope for the best as @ReadingOwl   says the real long term problem lies beyond

every good manager starts somewhere  there are countless examples of so called nobody's going on to be considered good managers - 

more than ever now even 3rd rate footballers are young millionaires other than coaching ability it's about man management and motivational skills 

Yes the key thing for me is the next manager has a charisma/personality that the players want to play for, that can motivate men, pick a formation, line up -and tactics that works.  And hopefully can be shrewd in the transfer market. 

How many teams he’s managed before us is irrelevant. Look at Wagner, if Jos had turned out to be that good we wouldn’t be complaining about him 

Guest addedtime
25 minutes ago, striker said:

when it's obvious to most that what we need is experience.

No, what we need is just somebody decent. Wolves manager? No experience. Leeds manager? No experience.

8 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

No worries. Could all be bull****. Be funny looking back at this in a few weeks. 

We need a steady hand; not an experiment or gamble at this point. Survival is key and then we rebuild from next season. 

If we go for another unknown quantity, you just know we will be back at this point in a year. 

I’d bust a gut for Steve Bruce. He’ll keep us in the division and stabalise us in midtable. Then we rebuild once we get rid of the high earning deadwood. 

Dont mean to be a wee pipe but you put that he had no managerial experience but then I think you liked someone’s post that said they would guess he had a similar if not worse record that Carlos or Jos before joining us? 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Dont mean to be a wee pipe but you put that he had no managerial experience but then I think you liked someone’s post that said they would guess he had a similar if not worse record that Carlos or Jos before joining us? 

I think he may be manager of a reserve team or the equivalent. Not of a “full team” though. 

• Thanks 1