Steve Bruce announced next week

I remember saying in Carlos last season as we got more and more defensive and plodding that we looked like a Portuguese division 2 or 3 team as we passed it 10 times between our defence and midfield like we had all the time in the world.

Carlos did try to adapt to the blood and thunder of the Championship but he didn't introduce the pace and power we needed to take us to the next level.

Bruce is all about about pace and power but can he introduce the attacking flair.

We are a bit of a failed experiment and basket case arnt we. 

Maybe it’s Chansiri being clever....rumours regarding steve bruce been doing the rounds and i would say most are in favour but fans not exactly doing handstands....then chuck a rumour round like this benfica b coach who worked under carvahal....now Bruce seems like the stand out choice as manager....nah Chansiri isn’t that clever.

10 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

No can do. Not trying to come across ITK or anything. Just heard that it’s not Bruce due to finances not being agreed and that this other dude is the front runner. If I name the candidate I’ll get someone I care about it bother, so can’t give much away. 

If it happens I’m booking a week off work to watch the meltdown on here though. It’ll be golden. 

If he's such an outsider you'll be able to take a month off after putting a few quid on at the bookies, Shirley lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, addedtime said:

No, what we need is just somebody decent. Wolves manager? No experience. Leeds manager? No experience.

Football's all about opinions, but I disagree...parachuting either of those into a relegation fight mid season, with restrictions on being allowed to spend money would have been ineffective.

Wolves did well, but with heavily subsidised recruitment, without which their spend would have been phenomenal, akin to Newcastle when they bought promotion. 

Bielsa is a top drawer manager, presumably on top money too who laid the groundwork in pre season. Not a chance he could have the same effect with our squad  at this stage of the season to suit his style of play.

Don't doubt long term these types would be good options, but not in a relegation fight at Christmas, my opinion is experience is a higher priority.

14 hours ago, prowl said:

A mate of mine who's in the know said we were doubling the price of early bird season tickets to provide Bruce with the money to wheel and deal.

I've never been wrong about anything I've ever said on here obviously so it must be true. :Chansiri:

14 hours ago, Hookowl said:

I don't believe that is allowable under the P&S rules, may be wrong (hope I am) but I'm sure I'd read that somewhere before.

A classic Owlstalk one two lol 

Something is going to happen at this forum - DC wouldn’t change the venue to a larger audience to be heckled 

He likes been the centre of attention, he is going to announce something ‘positive’ in his eyes. And wants a larger number of people to give him applause 

5 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Something is going to happen at this forum - DC wouldn’t change the venue to a larger audience to be heckled 

He likes been the centre of attention, he is going to announce something ‘positive’ in his eyes. And wants a larger number of people to give him applause 

That's my feeling too. 

7 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I think announcing Bruno Lage will be met with confused silence. Then, when DC explains he was Carvalhal’s assistant there will be nervous laughter followed by anger and frustration. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

No can do. Not trying to come across ITK or anything. Just heard that it’s not Bruce due to finances not being agreed and that this other dude is the front runner. If I name the candidate I’ll get someone I care about it bother, so can’t give much away. 

If it happens I’m booking a week off work to watch the meltdown on here though. It’ll be golden. 

Bullshit