Steve Bruce announced next week

15 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

No can do. Not trying to come across ITK or anything. Just heard that it’s not Bruce due to finances not being agreed and that this other dude is the front runner. If I name the candidate I’ll get someone I care about it bother, so can’t give much away. 

If it happens I’m booking a week off work to watch the meltdown on here though. It’ll be golden. 

New joint player-coach dream team of Ched Evans and Marlon King.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It was what I found out when I read his career history. 

If it is this guy, it’ll come out pretty quickly. If it’s not this guy and anyone still cares I’ll happily explain. 

A history similar (or slightly worse) to Carlos or Jos then I'd imagine 

29 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It was what I found out when I read his career history. 

If it is this guy, it’ll come out pretty quickly. If it’s not this guy and anyone still cares I’ll happily explain. 

Would you say he is a better manager than Jos? I’m guessing he has connections to United? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

Surely we won’t go back into the unknown foreign manager market again???

Not convinced Bruce will take the job if offered, he usually wants money to spend and we haven’t got any apparently.

I can see Jos being here for longer unfortunately 

does anyone know how villa went from being skint in the summer to being loaded and able to spend millions again in a matter of days? Why can’t we do that.

Of course Chansiri would. 

Oh , and dont call me Shirley 

• Like 1

Strange one this 

Definitely can see Bruce wanting to manage us, always seemed to be complementary of us whenever he’s come up against us 

But surely with the financial restrictions we have he wouldn’t want it?

Either he’s backing his ability to turn us around from this mess with no financial backing 

OR

There’s been some sort of guarantee that he’ll be able to make signings and change the squad around 

13 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I think your making it up

Fair enough. I don’t think I have a record of doing that though. Don’t think I’m generally regarded as a dishonest poster?

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Dont be silly. It will be another obscure Doyen appointment .

Not sure if represented by Doyen. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would you say he is a better manager than Jos? I’m guessing he has connections to United? 

No idea if better than Jos, as he’s untested as a manager.  No connections to United that I know of.  

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Fair enough. I don’t think I have a record of doing that though. Don’t think I’m generally regarded as a dishonest poster?

No idea if better than Jos, as he’s untested as a manager.  No connections to United that I know of.  

Ex player, first managerial role then ? 

3 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Is he a name that most people will have heard of? Any clue as to why you think there would be a massive melt down on here? 

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Well I’m not going to say anymore on the subject. Hopefully I’m wrong. For all I know this guy could be awesome. What I do know, is that we desperately need to get this appointment right. 

I appreciate you don't want to say anymore on the matter. Can you say or not if you know if a decision has definitely been made that Jos is a gonner?

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Well I’m not going to say anymore on the subject. Hopefully I’m wrong. For all I know this guy could be awesome. What I do know, is that we desperately need to get this appointment right. 

He seems to tick most of the boxes. Few people will have heard of him, no managerial experience in English football, is he currently out of work?

• Haha 1