Half Season Tickets

14 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I was thinking this myself . All joking aside, is it possible they will literally not sell one? Generally the keen will buy a season ticket and half season tickets will go to a minority if we are doing well. I can't imagine a scenario where more than 10 are sold, but more likely zero. Is anybody out there thinking of buying one?

I just had that exact thought when reading the thread title!! Has to be a very real chance of that happening. 

Edited by Morepork

Unfortunately the “cash rich” owner in his desperation via multi-year season tickets to drag in cash (which he obviously didn’t need because he is “cash rich”) has created a straight jacket with regard to ticket prices from which the club cannot escape.

15 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

There are plenty of things to beat the Club with.

But this isn’t one of them. It’s a non story really.

The damage has already been done.

I can’t really see how the Club can change it  - other than upset existing season ticket holders.

And, if that means no one buys them - so be it.

I agree with your points.

I cant get to many games due to work and travel, so half Season tickets would have been an option, however I have to plan my games around work

so   for me when they first came out with the idea I was interested, but (always a but), if they had an option on the amount of games over the full   Season,  i.e. give me an   option of watching half of the games as and when I could make it that would have been a better idea, and prob sold more as     I'm  sure there are others in the   same position as me.

Edited by daleblue

The half season tickets are in-line with the current seasons pricing strategy. The price was probably set in July, it was never going to change because of the current position. It will be interesting to see what the prices will be in March for next season. Not defending the club, but getting upset is pointless - they were never going to be cheaper. 

Also, whilst I appreciate that we have ourselves to blame regarding the current mess. The FFP rules are only making things worse - it's like death by a thousand cuts. We can't win either way - lower prices, and we're fizzed, higher them and you wee wee everyone off. Keep them the same and everyone is pissed off. Meanwhile, folk are comparing our prices with Man City, a club that can afford it, and who aren't exactly following FFP rules themselves....

We're screwed for a few seasons.

Edited by bigdan2003

19 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Those prices should be for full season tickets.

Recruitment strategy bad = fans pay more for tickets

Retail dept garbage = fans pay more for tickets

Current corporate sales n sponsorship strategy = fans pay more for tickets 

If he sorted other depts, then loyal fans (who’ll pay owt just to watch their side) wouldn’t be getting fleeced

The same loyal fans that get ranted at during open forums 

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The club  is going to suffer as a result, because the multi year ST money is long gone , and we have no POTD income . Utterly stupid idea selling multi year tickets in the first place. It was done for a short term injection of cash , but now we will suffer for it.

^ ^ ^ This all day long

Any fool can rake in 3yrs dosh and splurge it on 1 or maybe 2 campaigns and go sh*t or bust ... MM could have done this but had more savvy than this clown

DC has come up bust!! Business man ... Yeah!

It was pretty obvious once he killed POTG, spunked the 3 year season ticket cash, he'd be back to rinse the season ticket holders again.

These prices combined with the cack on the field will kill attendences and morale.

The long term damage being done to future generations of support is terrifying.

Edited by Mr Farrell

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s true though 

fans voted for these prices 

They did, apparently, but also for quality to be brought in as a result of such prices. That's turned out well. We have pumping cat in the middle and the kids from the Academy lol

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

It was pretty obvious once he killed POTG, spunked the 3 year season ticket cash, he'd be back to rinse the season ticket holders again.

These prices combined with the cack on the field will kill attendences and morale.

The long term damage being done to future generations of support is terrifying.

He just hasn’t got a clue . Has sapped the life out of the club and fan base. 

I’ve always been a glass half full ‘moaner’ or realist as I prefer, but I’ve always cared and been itching to get to games . Didn’t even realise it was the toy town game until late last night . Another embarrassing result in the chansiri joke fest on its way 

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The Chairman offered everyone a say on pricing back when the questionaiire voting thing happened 

The question stated 'with continued levels of investment'. The club couldn't even keep us within ffp rules so they let us down big time. Disgusting micromanagement from the top down. No respect or confidence in them from me. Theyve lost me.