Rotherham Press Conference

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

A lot easier to wish defeat on the team when you're not stumping up the money to go. 

Well yes, I'm sure it is.

I'm hardly going to pay £36 for ticket and be merrily driving up to Sheffield thinking "God, I hope we lose today" am I. 

1 minute ago, poite said:

I'd love for you to try and explain that nonsensical  comment.

OK just for you.

You said you would happy for the club to lose - i won't ever understand this kind of comment 

You won't be attending - so happy for them to lose but won't be going  

Why are you even on a forum for Wednesday fans?

Seems a bit piggy like to me 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

OK just for you.

You said you would happy for the club to lose - i won't ever understand this kind of comment 

Why are you completely ignoring that the whole point was... 'If it means Jos goes' ?

It's a hypothetical scenario that isn't reality and people are sharing their thoughts on how they'd feel if we lost and Jos went.

1 minute ago, nickswfc said:

Why are you completely ignoring that the whole point was... 'If it means Jos goes' ?

It's a hypothetical scenario that isn't reality and people are sharing their thoughts on how they'd feel if we lost and Jos went.

There is no footballing scenario on earth where i would want Wednesday to lose! 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

That could be seen as a being a little short sited.

Scenario 1: We win tomorrow Jos doesn't lose his job and we proceed to gain minimum points from the next 8 games dragging us further down into the relegation scrap, ending in relegation.

Scenario 2: We lose tomorrow, fan dissatisfaction is so high that DC listens and does sack Jos, a new man is brought in who manages to get the best out of our squad and helps galvanise the fanbase and we finish safely above mid table.

I know which option I would go with if the above were the options.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, torres said:

Oh I can think of a few!! 

Here’s a favourite thought; last day of the season we are mid table and safe. We are playing Ipswich who need a win to lift themselves out of the bottom three taking over those horrible porcine people who are relegated as a direct result of us losing. 

Thats probably it though! 

Just now, Spookone said:

Scenario 1: We win tomorrow Jos doesn't lose his job and we proceed to gain minimum points from the next 8 games dragging us further down into the relegation scrap, ending in relegation.

Scenario 2: We lose tomorrow, fan dissatisfaction is so high that DC listens and does sack Jos, a new man is brought in who manages to get the best out of our squad and helps galvanise the fanbase and we finish safely above mid table.

*''sighted''

So winning tomorrow gives him 8 games - ooooooookay!!!

20 minutes ago, torres said:

OK just for you.

So your quoting me but leaving out the context of my point. You should be a journalist. 

I said I'd accept (Not happy) a loss if it meant getting a guarantee jos would be gone afterwards. 

It's about looking at the bigger picture. If we can get a new manager who can get us playing and back to winning ways it's better than just winning tomorrow in the long run.

How that's 'piggy' I'll never know. 

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

The thing is though, those aren't options and never will be options.

There are no certainties in football. Therefore I would never wish us to lose any game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Very realistic in our outlook, we are looking below and not above.

Some of the players being clamoured for are in their mid 30s

Sports scientists advising him who to play regarding fitness levels and also checking with players eg FF if they feel they can play and what impact.

So now we have sports scientists picking the team ? 

13 minutes ago, poite said:

So your quoting me but leaving out the context of my point. You should be a journalist. 

I said I'd accept (Not happy) a loss if it meant getting a guarantee jos would be gone afterwards. 

It's about looking at the bigger picture. If we can get a new manager who can get us playing and back to winning ways it's better than just winning tomorrow in the long run.

How that's 'piggy' I'll never know. 

Like you say it’s all about context.

IF a defeat tomorrow guaranteed Jos was sacked and the appointment of a capable and experienced manager then I wouldn’t just be happy, I’d be flipping ecstatic.

for what it’s worth I am going tomorrow. I’ve had a ST years but not been much recently. No interest in going tomorrow but mates up from Norfolk so going purely to keep him company.

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Did JL tell us why FF came on last weekend after no apparent warm up, and subsequently did his hamstring in?

Absolute school boy preparation of the highest standard that.

I feel really old nowadays. I remember, back in the day.....

When the subs would run on the side of the field for ninety minutes or until they came on.

FFS

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just want an entertaining game tomorrow and a Wednesday win.

No guarantee if we lost JL would be sacked.

If JL did get sacked no guarantee results would improve.

People trying to be too clever wanting us to lose so manager goes, what will be will be.

God it’s a hypothetical situation. Hence why saying IF it guaranteed Jos was sacked then we’d take a defeat

16 minutes ago, torres said:

*''sighted''

So winning tomorrow gives him 8 games - ooooooookay!!!

But isn't that a scenario?

11 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The thing is though, those aren't options and never will be options.

There are no certainties in football. Therefore I would never wish us to lose any game.

I Agree Hookowl - torres mentioned "no Scenario on Earth" - I put forward 2 scenarios (however unlikely) lol

• Thanks 1