Rotherham Press Conference

8 hours ago, torres said:

OK just for you.

You said you would happy for the club to lose - i won't ever understand this kind of comment 

You won't be attending - so happy for them to lose but won't be going  

Why are you even on a forum for Wednesday fans?

Seems a bit piggy like to me 

The thing is like the comments Poite as made and the fact MG Mitchell thinks its ok, they are trying to rewind what they said in the first place. I agree 

closet Blades fans. Who in the right mind would want there club to lose. Some on here need kicking off but unfortunately the mods havent grown a pair yet. 

7 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I feel really old nowadays. I remember, back in the day.....

When the subs would run on the side of the field for ninety minutes or until they came on.

FFS

I can remember  when they just sat there wrapped in a sleeping bag and the warm up was unzipping it …..

• Haha 2

No fan should ever want they're club to lose under any circumstances, can I ask who this miracle man we are going to get as manager to get the best out of this squad is and why we haven't gone for him before.

Imagine if we lost tomorrow a new manager doesn't change much and we get relegated by one point.  :carlos:

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

Remember going to old Trafford and saying “ well at least if we get hammered today we will be shut of pleat”. We got hammered and pleat was sacked on the Monday. I can understand the same sentiment currently being applied. 

It it really is time was got rid. 

As as for the argument that a change doesn’t guarantee an improvement can it really get any worse than it currently is?

i honestly don’t think so 

That was a bit different though in that losing heavily at Old Trafford, while disappointing was not hugely surprising for us. Yes 6-1 was a hammering but in other seasons around that period we had also lost 5-0 and 4-0 there. The defeat confirmed Pleat's exit but it's not like it was at the expense of a game where we were expecting to pick up any points - tomorrow is different in that respect and the points from games where we should be favourites are vitally important.

Losing at home to Rotherham would be embarrassing and compound the misery of our previous 8 matches. 

As you say, I can see the sentiment from some but by 3pm tomorrow I will be wanting us to hammer them. I want us to win every game and would happily admit to being proven wrong if that were to happen but I just can't see it. The thing is I can't be sure that defeat tomorrow would see Jos sacked anyway. The Norwich game should have been the final straw for a defensive minded coach who has guided us to the worst defensive record in the division which shows no signs of improvement, save for a game where he decided to go with zero attacking intent and a game where Bolton proved that there are other teams that might still be as bad as we are in this division. 

12 hours ago, nickswfc said:

This is where I completely disagree. A good manager could get a lot more out of this squad. 

Look at what Stuart Gray had to work with, Brian Laws, Paul Sturrock.

Man for man our squad now is far superior. The only arguable period being the six months that Laws had Bougherra, Whelan and Brunt at the top of their game.

We forget the talent we have available in our squad now.

garymegson

16 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Very realistic in our outlook, we are looking below and not above.

Some of the players being clamoured for are in their mid 30s

Sports scientists advising him who to play regarding fitness levels and also checking with players eg FF if they feel they can play and what impact.

If this is true there is really no hope for the man.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Just listened to it. I really can’t stand this guy. When Carlos left, it was the right decision but there was a feeling of sadness because he was a likable chap. This guy has no redeeming qualities. OUT OUT OUT!!

9 hours ago, CLswfc said:

The thing is like the comments Poite as made and the fact MG Mitchell thinks its ok, they are trying to rewind what they said in the first place. I agree 

closet Blades fans. Who in the right mind would want there club to lose. Some on here need kicking off but unfortunately the mods havent grown a pair yet. 

So you've got upset because I've negged you. Yet you think it's OK to call Wednesday fans idiots and blades and yet get upset that I've put a down arrow on your post. That's really bizarre???

I am looking at the bigger picture. Take our recent form and use it for the next set of 7 odd matches, it's relegation form. If we lose Maybe it will get him sacked and us actually get in a manager who isn't pants. Maybe not who knows at this club

Also you want me banning hahaha. I'm sure you can be banned for abuse to other users not for negging. I can assure you I'm all Wednesday 

Edited by MBMitchell

9 hours ago, CLswfc said:

It’s why this forum gets such a bad name pal. 

Its unfortunate because there are a lot on here that go to the matches and talk sense, with valid points and arguments. 

Sadly there are far to many that don’t go and have no intention of going that spout their nonsense 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

So you've got upset because I've negged you. Yet you think it's OK to call Wednesday fans idiots and blades and yet get upset that I've put a down arrow on your post. That's really bizarre???

I am looking at the bigger picture. Take our recent form and use it for the next set of 7 odd matches, it's relegation form. If we lose Maybe it will get him sacked and us actually get in a manager who isn't pants. Maybe not who knows at this club

Also you want me banning hahaha. I'm sure you can be banned for abuse to other users not for negging. I can assure you I'm all Wednesday 

They are not Wednesday fans if they have no intention of going? How can they be?

21 minutes ago, torres said:

They are not Wednesday fans if they have no intention of going? How can they be?

So if they have money issues or other commitments and can't go then we aren't Wednesday fans??? 

I'm a bit disappointed if that's true, I shall go to the tattoo removal place on Monday and get all my Wednesday tattoos removed then and I shall dispose of all the Wednesday clothing and items I've accumulated over the years. 

Sorry if I or my other fellow can't go for whatever reasons ex Wednesday fans have caused you true fan ™️ any upset

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:
  57 minutes ago, torres said:

So me not going due to a chronic debilitating illness my father is dying so is my grandmother and my mother is fighting lukemia does that make me a pig or not a true fan, iv'e supported my club 46yrs home and away , suporters who can't attened for what ever reason ie lack of money, family and work comitments and even aparthy are still supporters end of. wawaw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

So if they have money issues or other commitments and can't go then we aren't Wednesday fans??? 

I'm a bit disappointed if that's true, I shall go to the tattoo removal place on Monday and get all my Wednesday tattoos removed then and I shall dispose of all the Wednesday clothing and items I've accumulated over the years. 

Sorry if I or my other fellow can't go for whatever reasons ex Wednesday fans have caused you true fan ™️ any upset

I said no intention of going. Which too many on here have absolutely no intention of supporting the club.

No idea what having a tattoo has to do with anything - the fact you even mentioned it made me laugh. 

Luckily i can afford to support the club every week but I have mates that struggle. They make personal sacrifices to watch once a month and I have the upmost respect for them. 

The ones that just sit on the Internet spouting rubbish without putting a thing into the club I honestly have very little time for. 

• Like 1

Just now, torres said:

I said no intention of going. Which too many on here have absolutely no intention of supporting the club.

No idea what having a tattoo has to do with anything - the fact you even mentioned it made me laugh. 

Luckily i can afford to support the club every week but I have mates that struggle. They make personal sacrifices to watch once a month and I have the upmost respect for them. 

The ones that just sit on the Internet spouting rubbish without putting a thing into the club I honestly have very little time for. 

The tattoo comment was to show that my love of the owls, I showed by having their images permanently on my body

I haven't been all season. Does this make me less of a fan??? I have followed us to 46 away grounds in the past, but obviously we don't count for that in the abuse hurled to fellow fans

I have to pay marital debt and maintenance of 1/3 of my wage which leaves after general living costs not much, and definitely not enough to warrant wasting 39 quid watching a game of football plus the fact that 2 kids tickets on tops. 

I suppose I could stop the payments and not see my kids ever again and then I can m afford to come to the games and be seen as a real fan again

I got dragged into this as I negged abusive comments by posters on here.

Due to my work I stopped posting on here in 2008 mainly but still read it and like to agree with posters when they post good comments. I just think abusive comments to other posters is wrong just because you disagree. 

WAWAW don't make me laugh. 

17 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

With a team who really should have been challenging top 2, he sneaked 6th place 

There’s nothing you can say to make me believe he was beneficial for us, so I wouldn’t bother

Really are we ignoring the other squads in the championship as you are the only person I've heard claim we should have challenged top 2 that season.

Everybody I go with couldn't believe we made the play offs at all.

2 hours ago, Bing Cosby said:

I listened to Jos' press conference this morning about 4 am with a sicky baby; reyt barrel of laughs all round.  :carlosswfc:

Was this the one where he said the fans need to have more realistic expectations!

20 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

The tattoo comment was to show that my love of the owls, I showed by having their images permanently on my body

I haven't been all season. Does this make me less of a fan??? I have followed us to 46 away grounds in the past, but obviously we don't count for that in the abuse hurled to fellow fans

I have to pay marital debt and maintenance of 1/3 of my wage which leaves after general living costs not much, and definitely not enough to warrant wasting 39 quid watching a game of football plus the fact that 2 kids tickets on tops. 

I suppose I could stop the payments and not see my kids ever again and then I can m afford to come to the games and be seen as a real fan again

I got dragged into this as I negged abusive comments by posters on here.

Due to my work I stopped posting on here in 2008 mainly but still read it and like to agree with posters when they post good comments. I just think abusive comments to other posters is wrong just because you disagree. 

WAWAW don't make me laugh. 

So if you had more disposable income you'd go, maybe not every week due to other circumstances. 

I think you've missed the point tbh.