Rotherham Press Conference

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

I thought when Jos came that he said he would have the players much fitter for this season, I've seen no evidence of this, a basic core fitness helps prevent injury.

We know he was dealt a tough hand taking over from Carlos as the cupboard was bare in terms of money to spend due to his wastefulness BUT Jos inherited a decent squad.

He only had to improve the basics and he would have got 2 - 3 seasons with us.

Improve the tempo, the fitness and have more attacking intent to utilise the forward options we have.

I think we are slower, more negative and the fitness record is somehow even worse!

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

Mourinho/Pep Gladioli couldnt fix our squad as it is.  

This is where I completely disagree. A good manager could get a lot more out of this squad. 

Look at what Stuart Gray had to work with, Brian Laws, Paul Sturrock.

Man for man our squad now is far superior. The only arguable period being the six months that Laws had Bougherra, Whelan and Brunt at the top of their game.

We forget the talent we have available in our squad now.

• Like 2

And to the previous argument, if there was a guarantee a defeat tomorrow would mean Jos would go then of course, I'd definitely take it - for the previous reasons that I think a new manager would get a hell of a lot more out of this team than Jos is doing, get us more points in the long run.

But in reality Jos will stay regardless of the result so obviously no one wants us to lose!

Edited by nickswfc

2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

This is where I completely disagree. A good manager could get a lot more out of this squad. 

Man for man our squad now is far superior. The only arguable period being the six months that Laws had Bougherra, Whelan and Brunt at the top of their game.

Think you've got that bit the wrong way round. It should read.

Our available squad have forgot talent now.

• Like 1

He is right in that we are seeing some horrendous individual errors from players which render tactics and formation somewhat irrelevant but surely he must understand there is a direct correlation between doing the basics right , picking a regular formation, stability in tactics , giving players confidence leading to fewer errors.

It’s basic stuff.

1 minute ago, nickswfc said:

And to the previous argument, if there was a guarantee a defeat tomorrow would mean Jos would go then of course, I'd definitely take it - for the previous reasons that I think a new manager would get a hell of a lot more out of this team than Jos is doing, get us more points in the long run.

But in reality Jos will stay regardless of the result so obviously no one wants us to lose!

There's the sticking point with your argument :picnic:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

If a defeat guaranteed the sack I’d happily lose tomorrow 

You'll get begged to hell for this but I agree. 

I'm looking at the bigger picture. The right manager could make some quick and simply changes to this side which will get us up the table. Losing tomorrow would be a small price to pay which i could live with. Sad as that sounds 

Just now, nickswfc said:

Sorry, what?

Yes my post was based on what I think, y'know like most posts on an internet forum.

But that is not a good argument for wanting us to lose any game, especially with where we presently are in the league.

11 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Opinions of course. I just dont see us being able to A]Play out of defence with any purpose, and B] Pass and make space with confidence.

We used to be.  Everything is safe, balls passed to the man, not ahead of the man into space,

I can only assume its Jos gameplan but even when we are losing and need to try and press it doesnt change much we dont have much of a threat. Look at the goals this season, vast majority from 25-30 yards which now arent coming off.

4 minutes ago, poite said:

You'll get begged to hell for this but I agree. 

I'm looking at the bigger picture. The right manager could make some quick and simply changes to this side which will get us up the table. Losing tomorrow would be a small price to pay which i could live with. Sad as that sounds 

Are you going tomorrow??

36 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

and you sir are an head in the sand ostritch

Why?

Because I don't want my team to lose?

Don't confuse me wanting the team to win with me thinking Jos is the right man for the job- I don't. 

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, poite said:

No. I'm not paying £36 for a ticket.

I'm sure that makes my opinion less valid so go on mate, crack on...

A lot easier to wish defeat on the team when you're not stumping up the money to go. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Opinions of course. I just dont see us being able to A]Play out of defence with any purpose, and B] Pass and make space with confidence.

We used to be.  Everything is safe, balls passed to the man, not ahead of the man into space,

I can only assume its Jos gameplan but even when we are losing and need to try and press it doesnt change much we dont have much of a threat. Look at the goals this season, vast majority from 25-30 yards which now arent coming off.

I can see your points and to an extent I agree, I don't think we'd turn into a top 6 team any time soon.

I do genuinely think though if a new gaffer came in, brought Westwood and Hutchinson back into the fold and played a solid back four of Palmer-Lees-Hector-Pudil/Penney we'd get a considerable amount more out of the team than we're getting now.

Edited by nickswfc

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

A lot easier to wish defeat on the team when you're not stumping up the money to go. 

I never said I wished a defeat. 

I said that if a defeat meant a guarentee getting rid of this current manager it would be loss worth accepting for the hope of a better second half of the season with a new manager 

Quite different to simply saying "I hope we lose tomorrow"