Rotherham Press Conference

Seriously though...it's not going to change imo.

At the moment it's like going through the motions.

Manager, players saying all the usual "we need a result" "one good performance can turn things around" and yet we all know what they're likely to produce tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

No but he did say that they knew he was high risk of injury if playing full 90mins and that they felt 45 was less of risk. With him only being brought on if needed and needed he was Of course he was...cus we were f****n g dire....AGAIN !!

Must be be a nightmare trying to ballence the best interests of our fragile players with demand of results/points. 

He he pointed out the way it was done last season only 1 player made 25 or more full appearances and this season there will be more, but requires management.   And we are reaping the benefits big time.

12 minutes ago, Think tank said:

He showed passion in the press conference, but talked the usual rubbish in my opinion.

That's how I saw it. He made good points about deeper issues with the fitness and the dressing room but he also spoke a lot of rubbish. So many contradictions.

42 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

As conferences go, that was one of his better ones. Appeared impassioned, resolute and made a lot of sensible points. 

I wonder if the squad have had a kick up their behind like after Brentford as he certainly looked more up for a scrap than I’ve seen him before. Hope some of that fire shines through in the players tomorrow. 

I am so disappointed I thought you had the Rotherham manager in a press conference. Passion pride, players playing for him, a formation all season the same, set side and defense and players coming back from injury in time for their biggest game of the season.

Never mind another misleading headline lol

32 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

He used it as an example where we have resolutely defended as a team without clusterf*ck mistakes as a comparison to Blackburn. I’d tend to agree that in some games we have defended well, yet others we’ve looked like a team no better than Sunday Park level. 

Yeah, I get that.

My concern with his reference of the United game, was it came about from having 6 defenders on the pitch and showing no attacking intent. It was not something to be particularly proud of and it suggests to me that we could be seeing more of this approach! 

Finding it difficult to be bothered TBH. had planned to travel up for the next 2 home games but thought better of the 400 mile round trip to a game and associated expense. Better things to spend my time and money on at this time of year.

FF is a blow, but Bannan out too would be terrible news. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose but think we will draw. 

2 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Why is he? 1 defeat guarantees sack? Just 1 game to put us out of this misery!!! Then we can move on and improve hopefully! It’s better than 6/7 defeats and next 10 games and him NOT getting sacked. 

No matter what,

no Wednesdayite should ever want the team to lose .

Even if it meant relegating them Scrubbers over the city..

**I May want to retract that last paragraph ......lol

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Very realistic in our outlook, we are looking below and not above.

Some of the players being clamoured for are in their mid 30s

Sports scientists advising him who to play regarding fitness levels and also checking with players eg FF if they feel they can play and what impact.

He does talk absolute crap doesn't he.

The only players being clamoured for are Hutchinson and Westwood.

Westwood is a keeper, of which 34 is mid-late prime.

Hutchinson is 29

Jones and Boyd aren't being 'clamoured' for, fans are just simply making the point they're still good squad players and should be utilised in some manner.

But obviously Jos knows better, thats why we've lost 6 of the last 8.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Why is he? 1 defeat guarantees sack? Just 1 game to put us out of this misery!!! Then we can move on and improve hopefully! It’s better than 6/7 defeats and next 10 games and him NOT getting sacked. 

In that one word ‘hopefully’ you lose your entire argument. You’d gladly sacrifice 3pts to hopefully improve?  

What if hope isn’t enough and we don’t improve? What if we stay the same or get worse? You’re gamble starts to look somewhat fool hardy and brings you back to as @SiJ eloquently puts it, being a flipping idiot!  

38 minutes ago, Chris E said:

That's how I saw it. He made good points about deeper issues with the fitness and the dressing room but he also spoke a lot of rubbish. So many contradictions.

I thought when Jos came that he said he would have the players much fitter for this season, I've seen no evidence of this, a basic core fitness helps prevent injury.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

How are we going to move on and improve.

Any new manager will have the same players to pick from.

HUtchinson, I love but hes been out so long im surprised if he can find his way to Hillsborough for the bingo night.

Westwood, its clearly never happening and honestly GK is not our problem area.

Mourinho/Pep Gladioli couldnt fix our squad as it is.  People expecting someone to come in and pick our Barcelona-esque best 11 will be sorely disappointed.

• Thanks 1