Rotherham Press Conference

As conferences go, that was one of his better ones. Appeared impassioned, resolute and made a lot of sensible points. 

I wonder if the squad have had a kick up their behind like after Brentford as he certainly looked more up for a scrap than I’ve seen him before. Hope some of that fire shines through in the players tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Very realistic in our outlook, we are looking below and not above.

Some of the players being clamoured for are in their mid 30s

Sports scientists advising him who to play regarding fitness levels and also checking with players eg FF if they feel they can play and what impact.

• Haha 1

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

Did JL tell us why FF came on last weekend after no apparent warm up, and subsequently did his hamstring in?

Absolute school boy preparation of the highest standard that.

No but he did say that they knew he was high risk of injury if playing full 90mins and that they felt 45 was less of risk. With him only being brought on if needed and needed he was. 

Must be be a nightmare trying to ballence the best interests of our fragile players with demand of results/points. 

He he pointed out the way it was done last season only 1 player made 25 or more full appearances and this season there will be more, but requires management. 

• Like 2

He showed passion in the press conference, but talked the usual rubbish in my opinion.

He was holding the Sheffield Untied performance up as some beacon!:duntmatter:

His future was discussed a lot, but no question asked about Hutch and Westwood instead there was a question about the none inclusion of Dave Jones and George Boyd.;-)

The sooner we are rid, the better!

Edited by Think tank

I just watched the Blackburn ‘highlights’.

I’d advise anyone else not to. 

We could blindfold 10 fans off the Kop and they’d do better than that. 

Only Dawson did well. 

Things can only get better looking at that performance - can’t get much worse. 

1 minute ago, Think tank said:

He showed passion in the press conference, but talked the usual rubbish in my opinion.

He was holding the Sheffield Untied performance up as some beacon!:duntmatter:

His future was discussed a lot, but no question asked about Hutch and Westwood instead there was question about the none inclusion of Dave Jones and George Boyd.;-)

The sooner we are rid, the better!

He used it as an example where we have resolutely defended as a team without clusterf*ck mistakes as a comparison to Blackburn. I’d tend to agree that in some games we have defended well, yet others we’ve looked like a team no better than Sunday Park level. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1