Rotherham Press Conference

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

But isn't that a scenario?

I Agree Hookowl - torres mentioned "no Scenario on Earth" - I put forward 2 scenarios (however unlikely) lol

Of course you could say it's a ''scenario'' like you could say almost anything, but in reality a win against Rotherham wouldn't give him 8 games, if we lose against Swansea, Boro and WBA 5-0 each time 

I think Jos is out of his depth and i would have got rid last season, i'm not arguing whether he stays or not, I don't have ANY faith in the chairmen either, the only thing I know is that i could never want Wednesday to lose ''to make it more likely a manager goes''

1 minute ago, torres said:

Of course you could say it's a ''scenario'' like you could say almost anything, but in reality a win against Rotherham wouldn't give him 8 games, if we lose against Swansea, Boro and WBA 5-0 each time 

I think Jos is out of his depth and i would have got rid last season, i'm not arguing whether he stays or not, I don't have ANY faith in the chairmen either, the only thing I know is that i could never want Wednesday to lose ''to make it more likely a manager goes''

Again you’ve changed the point 

Remember going to old Trafford and saying “ well at least if we get hammered today we will be shut of pleat”. We got hammered and pleat was sacked on the Monday. I can understand the same sentiment currently being applied. 

It it really is time was got rid. 

As as for the argument that a change doesn’t guarantee an improvement can it really get any worse than it currently is?

i honestly don’t think so 

When pressed about the future he clearly said he is not allowed to say. 

I'm not saying Chansiri is picking the team or any of that kind of conspiracy theory, but it's clear that Jos hands are tied and he doesn't have full use of them. It's like he is shackled on what he's allowed to do and say. 

His communication is lacking in press conferences and he talks a lot of dross but he does make some good points . 

Fitness and availability has been a problem at Hillsborough for years. We've had lots of problems with our best players being out injured for as long as I can remember right back to the 90s. 

Does anyone recall that Carlos sacked the medical team after playoffs due to constant unavailability of our first team player's and brought in his own people with no advantaguous outcome in the end. 

I'm not sure if all Jos has is lording over getting players playing over 25 games, is worth it at the minute.

Yes it's all well and good having players who can play in the rigours of modern day football, but those players them have to play well.  I don't want players who can play 50 games, but are crap in 47 of em. I'd rather have 2 players who could play 25 each and play well in 23.

He has to have them trained well in his tactical ideas and he has to trust them to execute it or he should use his squad fully to so that. If he thinks they are giving enough he needs his eyes tested. 

27 minutes ago, torres said:

Even if in my scenario's we as a club ended up being more successful? I understand the sentiment but personally I don't mind taking "one step back" if it means then taking "3 steps forward".

This is so stupid that it needs to be spelled out, right...

Do I want Wednesday to lose tomorrow? No

Why? Because I'm a Wednesday fan, because we're close to being pulled into a relegation battle and because I think Jos will stay regardless of the result.

However, in a hypothetical scenario, would I take a defeat tomorrow knowing it meant Jos had gone by 5:15? Yes

Why? Because I think its for the greater good of the club.

This does NOT mean I, or anyone else making the same point is travelling or listening to the game tomorrow hoping Wednesday lose.

3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

If a defeat guaranteed the sack I’d happily lose tomorrow 

That is utterly disgraceful. Call yourself a fan. Under no circumstances should you wish defeat on your club. You are akin to those at S2

3 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

sadly thats about the median of our fanbase at the moment

Corrected. Thats about the median of OWLSTAK at the moment. Please don't compare some of the animals on here to that of the average fan who hasn't even heard of Owlstalk. In fact animal isnt the correct term they are inbreds. 

25 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

This is so stupid that it needs to be spelled out, right...

Do I want Wednesday to lose tomorrow? No

Why? Because I'm a Wednesday fan, because we're close to being pulled into a relegation battle and because I think Jos will stay regardless of the result.

However, in a hypothetical scenario, would I take a defeat tomorrow knowing it meant Jos had gone by 5:15? Yes

Why? Because I think its for the greater good of the club.

This does NOT mean I, or anyone else making the same point is travelling or listening to the game tomorrow hoping Wednesday lose.

Agreed

That is utterly disgraceful. Call yourself a fan. Under no circumstances should you wish defeat on your club. You are akin to those at S2

Corrected. Thats about the median of OWLSTAK at the moment. Please don't compare some of the animals on here to that of the average fan who hasn't even heard of Owlstalk. In fact animal isnt the correct term they are inbreds. 

Stop! Think! Re-read! It's a hypothesis!!! Nobody has said they want Wednesday to lose tomorrow. FFS!

Disgraceful comments.

45 minutes ago, splan80 said:

I'm not sure if all Jos has is lording over getting players playing over 25 games, is worth it at the minute.

Yes it's all well and good having players who can play in the rigours of modern day football, but those players them have to play well.  I don't want players who can play 50 games, but are crap in 47 of em. I'd rather have 2 players who could play 25 each and play well in 23.

He has to have them trained well in his tactical ideas and he has to trust them to execute it or he should use his squad fully to so that. If he thinks they are giving enough he needs his eyes tested. 

Spot on and to come out and say as much just underlines how clueless he is. Good managers utilise their squad to the full effect, creating active competition for places, monitoring and tailoring training for certain players, to ensure they are available.

Add to this, that there are a number of fit, experienced senior players, who have been training, who are not injured, who could step in and do a job to help the team, who do not even merit a place in the matchday squad, thereby further hampering your options to change a match with substitutions.

It really does beggar belief, that this turgid dross is playing out in front of our eyes, and yet Jos does nothing to inspire or even attempt to correct it.

I really am at a loss as to his thinking and his ability to turn things around.