Rotherham Press Conference

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Remember going to old Trafford and saying “ well at least if we get hammered today we will be shut of pleat”. We got hammered and pleat was sacked on the Monday. I can understand the same sentiment currently being applied. 

It it really is time was got rid. 

As as for the argument that a change doesn’t guarantee an improvement can it really get any worse than it currently is?

i honestly don’t think so 

It can easily get worse than it is in the very near future if we sack Jos.

It can also get just as worse if we don't sack Jos.

Why would the new manager have a better track record than Jos?

2 hours ago, torres said:

We know he was dealt a tough hand taking over from Carlos as the cupboard was bare in terms of money to spend due to his wastefulness BUT Jos inherited a decent squad.

He only had to improve the basics and he would have got 2 - 3 seasons with us.

Improve the tempo, the fitness and have more attacking intent to utilise the forward options we have.

I think we are slower, more negative and the fitness record is somehow even worse!

Agree with all that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nickswfc said:

..and maybe finishing in the play offs two years running.

With a team who really should have been challenging top 2, he sneaked 6th place 

There’s nothing you can say to make me believe he was beneficial for us, so I wouldn’t bother

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mighty0wls said:

Why would the new manager have a better track record than Jos?

We will end up with a new manager with a similar track record...then when he's found out he will be 'asked' to go.

Or we could get lucky, of all options it makes sense to hope we get lucky

2 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Like you say it’s all about context.

IF a defeat tomorrow guaranteed Jos was sacked and the appointment of a capable and experienced manager then I wouldn’t just be happy, I’d be flipping ecstatic.

for what it’s worth I am going tomorrow. I’ve had a ST years but not been much recently. No interest in going tomorrow but mates up from Norfolk so going purely to keep him company.

Totally agree mate. 

Although unfortunately on here your perfectly reasonable post will be interpreted  that you want us to lose and because you haven't been much recently you're not a real fan. You're obviously a pig. 

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

This is so stupid that it needs to be spelled out, right...

Do I want Wednesday to lose tomorrow? No

Why? Because I'm a Wednesday fan, because we're close to being pulled into a relegation battle and because I think Jos will stay regardless of the result.

However, in a hypothetical scenario, would I take a defeat tomorrow knowing it meant Jos had gone by 5:15? Yes

Why? Because I think its for the greater good of the club.

This does NOT mean I, or anyone else making the same point is travelling or listening to the game tomorrow hoping Wednesday lose.

Well explained mate but if you think the likes of torres are going to understand what hypothetical means your living on a cloud 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Lets say you went to a Wednesday match - hypothetically obviously!!

I've been to many Wednesday games. 

Only the ones at Wembley though - with the exception of the Arsenal game at Hillsborough a couple of years back. 

Just now, Simaniac Owl said:

Any Wednesday fan who wants us to lose so Jos gets sacked is a cretin. Or is really a blavde.  being a blavde is worse than being a cretin. 

Why would a blade want us to sack Jos? 

If I was a blade I'd be praying we kept him all season to ensure our relegation!

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Seriously though...it's not going to change imo.

At the moment it's like going through the motions.

Manager, players saying all the usual "we need a result" "one good performance can turn things around" and yet we all know what they're likely to produce tomorrow.

They may be brilliant tomorrow, solid, no mistakes, unified and beat toy town easily..... 

Unfortunately knowing jos he'll change everything around rotate half the side out and we'll be dross and get beat next match. 

5 hours ago, Anton DecChair said:

That is utterly disgraceful. Call yourself a fan. Under no circumstances should you wish defeat on your club. You are akin to those at S2

Corrected. Thats about the median of OWLSTAK at the moment. Please don't compare some of the animals on here to that of the average fan who hasn't even heard of Owlstalk. In fact animal isnt the correct term they are inbreds. 

Stop! Think! Re-read! It's a hypothesis!!! Nobody has said they want Wednesday to lose tomorrow. FFS!

Disgraceful comments.

Bollo*. Read it again Stevie Wonder.