Ian Holloway

40 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

For me i wouldnt be against Holloway prefer Heckingbottom or Keane out of the choices of realistic out of work managers 

Hevckingbottom ok but Keane no. He's another of the "he played under Ferguson so he must be good managers." Thing is he isn't 

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Hevckingbottom ok but Keane no. He's another of the "he played under Ferguson so he must be good managers." Thing is he isn't 

for me i think Keane is better than that, he took Sunderland from bottom of the league to champions and like McCarthy his work at Ipswich is looking better than it was at the time, but understand hes not everyone's cup of tea 

Sad thing is there isn't that many realistic targets out there, if DC does get to that stage then it will be an out of work manager because we cant afford compo 

He has the knowledge of the league we desperately need. He also has the personality that our club needs.

Our fan base always warms to big character managers (regardless of success or not) .

The knock on effect is fans reconnect with the club (again regardless of success), however at that point momentum begins to build again.

The sour atmosphere disappears from the stands.

Confidence begins to flow.

He wouldn't be my first choice in football terms but the job is much bigger than just success on the pitch.

It's all about matching the manager to the job, at that time. The club needs a lift, and a personality. Holloway would be a very good choice. I'm sure the likes of Jokanovic and Moyes, etc etc, are tactically stronger, but it's not all about that. Holloway could do a similar job, with the club, that Sturrock did. 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

It's all about matching the manager to the job, at that time. The club needs a lift, and a personality. Holloway would be a very good choice. I'm sure the likes of Jokanovic and Moyes, etc etc, are tactically stronger, but it's not all about that. Holloway could do a similar job, with the club, that Sturrock did. 

I like Holloway.

Very attacking manager and infectious personality. If he was our next manager though, I would like a defensive coach to come with him. Maybe Gray 

On 01/12/2018 at 23:04, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Should Jos go we could do a lot worse than Ian Holloway, he gets my vote.

He knows the league, is well connected, a strong personality and most importantly has successfully gained promotion to the Prem twice before.

He's the type that would relish the challenge, get the players organised and putting a shift in.

I read earlier that he'd recently thrown his hat into the ring.

DC, call him, call him now.

Him and Chansiri???

Can see oli takin it all in.

NOT.

7 hours ago, darra said:

I’m not sure about that like ? Roy Keane led Sunderland back to the premier league winning championship manager of the year in the process ,  the bloke can clearly manage a football club very week 

Average at Ipswich I’ll give you that ... but he was far from a disaster at a club that’s never really going to challenge for me 

Strong assistant for ROI, and did a bit at Villa under Lambert for a while 

Personally I’d absolutely love him at Hillsborough 

17 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I’m not sure about that like ? Roy Keane led Sunderland back to the premier league winning championship manager of the year in the process ,  the bloke can clearly manage a football club very week 

Average at Ipswich I’ll give you that ... but he was far from a disaster at a club that’s never really going to challenge for me 

Strong assistant for ROI, and did a bit at Villa under Lambert for a while 

Personally I’d absolutely love him at Hillsborough 

If we had Keane as manager our injuries list would go from:- hamstring / pulled muscle (yeah I know lol ), golfer's elbow etc, to thick ear/ black eye / sore backside pmsl.

FFP
FFS

On 03/12/2018 at 17:41, Spookone said:

Out of the available managers who may actually take the job - I think he would be a decent choice.

He would.  Over the years he's revealed his soft spot for us too so I think he'd come.   I've a feeling that it's not money that motivates him either.

So we're all agreed, it's Holloway?

It's good to see we're all lowering our expectations to a reasonable level, it's advisable and for the best.

Guess he wouldn't be anybodies first choice, but he's likeable and got a decent track record, doubt he'd take the job to be honest, doubt he needs the hassle, but he'd do me.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but at least he'd bring a bit of enthusiasm to the job.

Just a bit wary after his difficulties with Millwall and to a lesser extent QPR.

Got to be better than Burt Reynolds.