Ian Holloway

3 minutes ago, 33 said:

When you found that 'bird' in Brighton actually had meat & two veg.

Didnt stop you tho

:ph34r:

Her name should’ve given it away.

Called herself Brian

Had lovely curtains though.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

If Chansiri gave fans a choice between:

a) Sack Jos, hire Holloway

Sell some players like Reach/Bannan/Forestieri to help balance the books

Allow Holloway to wheel and deal with bargains and lower league signings 

Charge fans less money 

Potential risk of relegation 

b) Keep Jos

Keep players like Reach/Bannan/Forestieri 

Keep charging fans the same 

I wonder which fans would choose?.. 

Spoiler: it would be option A 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

If Chansiri gave fans a choice between:

a) Sack Jos, hire Holloway

Sell some players like Reach/Bannan/Forestieri to help balance the books

Allow Holloway to wheel and deal with bargains and lower league signings 

Charge fans less money 

b) Keep Jos

Keep players like Reach/Bannan/Forestieri 

Keep charging fans the same 

I wonder which fans would choose?.. 

Spoiler: it would be option A 

A.

all day long.

• Thanks 1

When Carlos went I really felt that Holloway would have been a seriously retrograde step, the way things are going to pot under Jos I think he'd be a definite improvement. That doesn't mean Ollies got any better it just highlights what a bad job Jos is doing. 

11 hours ago, sage owl said:

When Carlos went I really felt that Holloway would have been a seriously retrograde step, the way things are going to pot under Jos I think he'd be a definite improvement. That doesn't mean Ollies got any better it just highlights what a bad job Jos is doing. 

True enough, but Holloway would be another of those short stay manager’s, each bringing their own upheaval, as we slip down the leagues We simply need to get this next appointment right. It’s no good bleating about the difficulties of finding such a manager, because of our financial situation, the consequences of not finding one are too dire There are enough positives for DC, if he shows the necessary ambition, for a good coach to get this project back on course, without having to rip it up and start again

The current squad is injury ravaged with little sign of this improving.

While I don’t understand the financial position it seems all gloom and doom with forecasts of both no money to spend and possibly sanctions 

Meanwhile we are dropping like a stone towards relegation 

Oh and our Chairman doesn’t appear to be the most clued up.

Why would a good coach leave a job and look at us as a good place to test his reputation with a long term project?

Our best hope is someone who has been there and done it, currently unemployed, and is willing to come on an 18 month contract to firefight with an ability to motivate and enthuse the players.

Holloway seems to fit.

Yes.

I do not suppose that DC has heard of Ian Holloway so perhaps someone could tell the Chairman that Ollie was managing a poor QPR side that sill put 4 goals past Luhukay's team only last spring.

Perhaps someone could also let DC know that Holloway took Blackpool and Crystal Palace up into the Premier League.  No mean feat.

12 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Yes.

I do not suppose that DC has heard of Ian Holloway so perhaps someone could tell the Chairman that Ollie was managing a poor QPR side that sill put 4 goals past Luhukay's team only last spring.

Perhaps someone could also let DC know that Holloway took Blackpool and Crystal Palace up into the Premier League.  No mean feat.

Or that he was recently sacked by QPR, or chased out of Millwall by hostile fans He’s had his moments, but not many recently

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

True enough, but Holloway would be another of those short stay manager’s, each bringing their own upheaval, as we slip down the leagues We simply need to get this next appointment right. It’s no good bleating about the difficulties of finding such a manager, because of our financial situation, the consequences of not finding one are too dire There are enough positives for DC, if he shows the necessary ambition, for a good coach to get this project back on course, without having to rip it up and start again

As much as I agree with you that we need someone or some structure in for the long haul to get things done correctly I honestly think we are in serious danger of relegation this season. Imo this would be a disaster for the club and everything possible must be done to avoid it.