Ian Holloway

He's still waiting. He's got hold of the videos of the Bolton and Blackburn games and been analysing our games.

He said there's lots of work to do but will start off by sorting out the keeper and defence, then midfield, then our strikers, in that order.

Rates João, says Bannan needs support. Says he can't understand why Westwood isn't playing. Thinks Thorniley just needs a good coach behind him, and says any manager that changes his line up so often can't have a clue about what his best team is.

Hopes Lee can get fit, wants to get to the bottom of Lees' going off the boil, and has highlighted two new full backs as priorities. Also says Westwood, Hutch, and Hooper all have a future as part of his squad.

Says he's aiming to get the back sorted, then ensure we have a strong spine. Has a ballwinning midfielder in mind to support Bannan. Wants Reach to have a free role.

Also says he'll deny knowledge of any such conversation but rates us very highly and loves Wednesday.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He's still waiting. He's got hold of the videos of the Bolton and Blackburn games and been analysing our games.

He said there's lots of work to do but will start off by sorting out the keeper and defence, then midfield, then our strikers, in that order.

Rates João, says Bannan needs support. Says he can't understand why Westwood isn't playing. Thinks Thorniley just needs a good coach behind him, and says any manager that changes his line up so often can't have a clue about what his best team is.

Hopes Lee can get fit, wants to get to the bottom of Lees' going off the boil, and has highlighted two new full backs as priorities. Also says Westwood, Hutch, and Hooper all have a future as part of his squad.

Says he's aiming to get the back sorted, then ensure we have a strong spine. Has a ballwinning midfielder in mind to support Bannan. Wants Reach to have a free role.

Also says he'll deny knowledge of any such conversation but rates us very highly and loves Wednesday.

QVIn.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Is this Ollie you're on about ?

4 hours ago, LittleG said:

Not sure we have a defence that can be sorted which limits our options of grinding a win. Not one decent full back on our books.

Seemed to get there last season? I think if we remain open and go on the offensive we will continue to take beatings 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Seemed to get there last season? I think if we remain open and go on the offensive we will continue to take beatings 

We had hunt and Venancio last year plus towards the end of the season, with the feturn of BB and FF, we actually went on the offensive. We have regressed this season with our tactics and do not take the game to our opponents. It's only in patches this year that we have actually taken the game to the opposition. We sit back most matches and still lose.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

We need to bring some of the senior players back, starting with Westwood.

That won't happen - indeed can't happen - while Jos is here.

He's alienated them to such an extent that he cannot thaw the freezing-out process he's introduced.

It's too late.

33 minutes ago, LittleG said:

We had hunt and Venancio last year plus towards the end of the season, with the feturn of BB and FF, we actually went on the offensive. We have regressed this season with our tactics and do not take the game to our opponents. It's only in patches this year that we have actually taken the game to the opposition. We sit back most matches and still lose.

Hunt was in and out the side I think with various knocks and was always much better going forward than defending. Hector has been an able replacement for Venancio.

Take the point on Bannan and FF but I think under a new manager the latter could get something back. If we need to go 5 at the back again then so be it.

20 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We need to bring some of the senior players back, starting with Westwood.

That won't happen - indeed can't happen - while Jos is here.

He's alienated them to such an extent that he cannot thaw the freezing-out process he's introduced.

It's too late.

Westwood will be contractual. But we should make use of the others if they don’t go in Jan.

Guest domSWFC

I'd like him. Very passionate and likes to play attacking football. As Wilder shows at the lane, getting at teams from the off in this league can catch a lot of teams off guard. 

Holloway would have the likes of Forestieri, Joao and Matias thriving with more freedom. 

I remember him being a pundit for the Brighton Playoff semi at home. At half time on the way back up to the box, he came and was bouncing with us on the end of the North Stand. 

For those seriously thinking he might be our man this is a good (longish) read. 

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/08/24/the-troubling-humorous-and-honest-world-of-ian-holloway-an-artist-in-a-game-of-robots/

To me it doesn't make me think I'm for or against him as a manager but it's an insight into his career,  life and personality which left me feeling positive towards him as a person. 

Edited by Rev Owl

21 hours ago, darra said:

Who would you like to see come in then? Genuine question 

For me i wouldnt be against Holloway prefer Heckingbottom or Keane out of the choices of realistic out of work managers