Adam Reach - One ray of sunshine

32 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

If we do sadly lose him he needs to go to a club that starts him and doesn’t just use him from the bench. Bournemouth comes to mind, as does Everton and Leicester, this is assuming that he goes to a Premier League club. However he is the sort of player that we should be building a team around.

Everton is a great shout.

I could see Reach ploughing up and down their left-hand side game in, game out. I’m convinced LW , LB or LWB is his future.

Hope he stays though. Cant see it.

If his agent has anything about him then he will be lining up a move for Reach in January. As a club we are going backwards, and I doubt Adam will want to waste his prime in the pub league or lower regions of the Championship. 

He's only got 18 months left on his current deal anyway, so we would be nuts not to cash in what with our current financial situation. We sell him with a heavy heart though. 

5 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Hopefully he leaves in January for more than £10 mil. Because if he doesn't, we're dead. More dead than relegation. 

We'll get under £8million for him, probably around £6m. He's not good enough for the Prem so his selling potential is limited by that and the fact that other clubs know we're in financial dire straits so won't pay a lot.

2 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

We'll get under £8million for him, probably around £6m. He's not good enough for the Prem so his selling potential is limited by that and the fact that other clubs know we're in financial dire straits so won't pay a lot.

He is a lot better than most players currently playing in the premier league. 

Are you telling me that the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff all have players that are all better than Reach.

Think he'll go Newcastle in January. Will be ideal player for them, good enough for Prem but also would stay if they did drop.

Weirdly, despite his good form so far, he'd be the only good player we've got I'd actually sell. The main reason being in the various positions he plays we have just as good replacements, plus we could use that money to ease FFP and still be enough left over to sign a replacement (George Honeyman) and turn Hector's loan permanent.

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I know your post is very positive on the whole, but just to point out that for a player having little influence he has scored 4 in 9 games, hit the woodwork (aluminium-work?), forced great saves, and played some superb thru-balls.

For a midfielder that’s Lampard/Gerrard-esque.

Yea, but other than that what’s he bringing to party!! Only kidding of course, without doubt our best player this season and feel he will undoubtedly have a host of teams wanting him come January. 

Was watching how involved he was with Jaoa, Matias etc, they seem to all have a funny handshake / fist pump they do with each other. If we had those three together all season I’m certain we’d not be in this mess. 

5 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Nah, I don't think so, Chansiri can be quite stubborn when it comes to selling our good players.  Look at the offers we've had in the past for Forestieri, Bannan, etc.  

I think the P&S shortfall we apparantly have next year will be covered by all of our natrual outgoings (we all know who they are!) and we'll plug gaps with free's and bringing more youngsters through.  I can't see us selling anyone decent.  

I really, really hope this is the case, but I'm just not sure whether I can believe things will be that simple any more. The present uncertainty is horrible.