Adam Reach - One ray of sunshine

Obviously you can't knock his goal scoring but on the whole this season I have been disappointed with his contribution.

I have always supported him on here when he has been given stick in the past and he has had plenty.

He is a really good footballer and last season he carried us most of the season before we got some injured players back.

This season overall he has just not got on the ball enough and has not influenced games the way he should given his ability. I think some of  this is down to Jos because of the daft position he has sometimes played him in and also because of the overall negative way we have been playing.

It was no surprise that he had a better game on Saturday when we played a reasonable 433 system and we had some of our better players back on the pitch . Players he could actually link with.

I have not looked at the stats from Saturday but we probably had more possession further up the pitch that we have had for a while and this helped Reach get in the game more.

We need him on the ball as much as possible, he rarely gives it away and normally something happens when he is involved. This is what Jos should be looking at , not getting him to stand next to their defensive midfielder to stop him getting on the ball. Use him in a creative way, not a negative one.

Just now, owls maniac said:

Fair play to the lad, he’s played all over the park, taken stick from the fans and never let his head drop. Great attitude on him. 

Absolute definition of a model pro.

If you ever see an interview with him, he's very articulate too. 

As I said earlier, I suspect he may well flourish in a better team. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Absolute definition of a model pro.

If you ever see an interview with him, he's very articulate too. 

As I said earlier, I suspect he may well flourish in a better team. 

And at 25 he is built like a brick shithouse. Clearly puts a lot of effort into his fitness and that has been illustrated by his injury record (touches wood). 

Edited by owls maniac

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

He is a lot better than most players currently playing in the premier league. 

Are you telling me that the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff all have players that are all better than Reach.

No I'm not. They aren't good enough for the Premiership either. I didn't say a team in the PL wouldn't potentially go for him, I simply said he isn't good enough for the PL. That plus the fact that other clubs know the sh*t we're in don't add up to a big payday where the sale of Reach will solve all our woes. Fans should simply be prepared for that, that's all I was saying. Ultimately, it's Chansiri's abject mismanagement of the club that has put us in this situation where if we do have to sell our assets then we'll very likely not get a fair price for them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

No I'm not. They aren't good enough for the Premiership either. I didn't say a team in the PL wouldn't potentially go for him, I simply said he isn't good enough for the PL. That plus the fact that other clubs know the sh*t we're in don't add up to a big payday where the sale of Reach will solve all our woes. Fans should simply be prepared for that, that's all I was saying. Ultimately, it's Chansiri's abject mismanagement of the club that has put us in this situation where if we do have to sell our assets then we'll very likely not get a fair price for them.

Personally I think if we do sell Reach in January and I am not convinced we will. Then we will get over 10 million for him and it will be to a Premier League club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Personally I think if we do sell Reach in January and I am not convinced we will. Then we will get over 10 million for him and it will be to a Premier League club.

I hope we don't sell him as I'd fear the worse but if we did then I do hope I'm wrong and you're right with the above!