To the Jos supporters

8 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Starting with the players

They fight like their lives depend on it at the lane, then the very next game they're back to not giving a damn

To be fair other than a couple of mistakes (albeit big ones) I thought we didn't play too badly for large parts of the game Saturday. We looked more positive especially early on but didn't have that bit of luck with the ball running for us. However that doesn't excuse previous games where our overpaid superstars have not covered themselves in glory.

9 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

We may be snookered financially but Jos  is not the man to improve our situation on the playing side of things.

We need a manager with a clearly defined style of play that players can adapt to quickly & a manager with a good record of motivating players.

At this point in time I would say experience of the division is essential for our next manager as we are currently relegation candidates.

Either Megson or Gray could do that short term.

We need to act swiftly though...

Just no

9 hours ago, Geosword said:

Without a doubt there are massive problems here.

For me, the root of the poison is Paxo and until Chansiri dumps him then the malaise will continue.

However, I will not resign myself to the 'nobody else could do any better under the circumstances' train of thought and start to accept relegation.

We need to stay up.

Sod the long term plan right now.

Deal with that next summer.

Warnock showed what a new manager can do with both Rotherham and Cardiff.

They were down and out.

We need similar - a short term shot in the arm to give us the strength to survive this season cos I can't see Jos doing it.

Not won at home since August.

There are others who could do what Warnock did.

Say NO to accepting this crap and we'll deal with Paxo later.

So we want a new manager for 6 months and then another for long term?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Only way to get Jos out is to chant for it at games. My suggestion would be at half time and full time so it doesn’t affect the players.  He has to go regardless of the result.  We could be bottom 3 by Wednesday night.

16 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

When will people realise that we're furked. With or without Jos as manager. Sometimes a situation just can't be managed. Well and truly a sinking ship. 

As f*cked as say Cardiff were when Warnock took over 18 months ago?  Even in dire circumstances good managers can get more out of a team.  The current manager is getting a lot less than the sum of its part out of this squad.  Despire all the other mess this isn't hard to understand. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

To be fair other than a couple of mistakes (albeit big ones) I thought we didn't play too badly for large parts of the game Saturday. We looked more positive especially early on but didn't have that bit of luck with the ball running for us. However that doesn't excuse previous games where our overpaid superstars have not covered themselves in glory.

I thought we were the better team in parts, Derby weren't anything special, but our defending was shambolic again. 

Against the Blunts we were busting a gut, I didn't see that against Derby

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, poite said:

Chansiri has spent a good 3+ years working tirelessly to destroy this club. He's done a fantastic job and you lot will not put that work to waste by sacking his manager. 

Someone should make a film about Wednesday

It would be a comedy of course

Something along the lines of the Carry On films

Carry On Underachieving

Chansiri would make a great Sid James

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, poite said:

Chansiri has spent a good 3+ years working tirelessly to destroy this club. He's done a fantastic job and you lot will not put that work to waste by sacking his manager. 

I cannot recall anyone,well not every one, saying that when we got to the final and semi's. in the 1st 2 years of his 3 year stint.

He's not up to the task...but it's a turd of a job too.

A complete rethink is needed from top to bottom. Either that, or finding a manager who can somehow galvanize the place. Even then, it's probably a case of putting some sticking plaster on a leaking dam.

During the days of Allen and co, the likes of Laws, Sturrock etc were able to hold things together before it inevitably collapsed again.

Whilst I don't think Chansiri is like Allen and co (he wants to be successful, just doesn't know how to achieve it) there's little denying that the club is rotten atm. 

15 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

In the last 18 years we have had , 12 MANAGERS! Ffs! that's an average of just over 18 months each that has worked out really well hasn't it, and spent most of that time in the lower half of the championship.

Where is the evidence that chopping and changing the manager every 18 months works?.

But out of those 12 how many have been good !?

We have in the last few years been in a position to poach a manager or quality, something in the last 18 years we haven't had the luxury of doing. That ship has now sailed so again it will be someone who is out of work. But Right now we are going down, so yes this one might not be the long term answer but there are plenty out there who with the ability we have in the squad should be able to get this team moving up the table, heck if we act now and we actually get someone who can interact with the players then we still could make a playoff push !!!