To the Jos supporters

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

There are always people who will come in . Somebody like Holloway would be up here in a flash if offered it .

His enthusiasm , man management skills and knowledge would improve us immediately.

Players would love coming in each day which I doubt they are at the moment.

Is he a world beater, nope.

Is he better than what we have. Yes

I like Ian Holloway's personality and how he presents himself.  On what grounds is he better than Jos?  His career win ratio is 36% Jos career win ratio is 40.5%.

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Why are his hands tied?...he foooks about too much. Plays defensive shyte football, makes a bolllllax of substitutions. He's fell out with some for whatever reason.

Nah he's hopeless.

of course his hands are tied he cant sign any players so as to juggle with  what he inherited …..the rest of your post is your opinion which I respect but don't hold to …..

Guest The Horse

Without a doubt there are massive problems here.

For me, the root of the poison is Paxo and until Chansiri dumps him then the malaise will continue.

However, I will not resign myself to the 'nobody else could do any better under the circumstances' train of thought and start to accept relegation.

We need to stay up.

Sod the long term plan right now.

Deal with that next summer.

Warnock showed what a new manager can do with both Rotherham and Cardiff.

They were down and out.

We need similar - a short term shot in the arm to give us the strength to survive this season cos I can't see Jos doing it.

Not won at home since August.

There are others who could do what Warnock did.

Say NO to accepting this crap and we'll deal with Paxo later.

1 minute ago, Geosword said:

There are others who could do what Warnock did.

Who? 

Can everybody stop saying there are other better people without actually naming a realistic candidate.  Otherwise it makes it difficult to accept your point. 

I was criticised on here way back after we beat Bristol away and went 6th... I said get Mick McCarthy in asap because we were lucky to be 6th...27 people disagreed!!!....Jos is F##king useless... openly admits he knew nothing about the championship before he came .....he wasn’t dealt a bad hand ... he just can’t motivate players .......or fans

2 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Yeah and in the form he's in and in this inflated market is that unfeasable? I'm not saying he's worth it more like 10-12, but he certainly isn't if he's a league one player. Never has football been so erractic things change so quickly but I just don't see it happening under Jos. 

I think we will find out in January

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Unfortunately this is real football and not Football Manager and we cant decide to restart the game if we don't like how the results are going. I don't know all the ins and outs of what going off at the club, who is injured, what the situation is contacturally but there are many people at our club who should take a long hard look at themselves.

Starting with the players

They fight like their lives depend on it at the lane, then the very next game they're back to not giving a damn

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest The Horse
13 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Who? 

Can everybody stop saying there are other better people without actually naming a realistic candidate.  Otherwise it makes it difficult to accept your point. 

Jokanovic - championship promotion on his CV. Knows the league.

Bruce - championship promotion on his CV. Knows the league.

Holloway - championship promotion on his CV. Knows the league.

It could be said they wouldn't come under the current circumstances but look at Leeds under Celino - basket club but kept getting the big names cos they were still a draw for anyone wanting to make a name for themselves. We are also a lure. Still.

Case in point - McCarthy was hinting strong enough that he'd take us on but that ship has sailed.

As much as I'd love to keep Jos and see what he could do in the long term, we just don't have that luxury.

Any one of the above would command instant respect from the players and it would be a safe bet that they'd get an instant response.

But as I said, it's all pretty moot with Paxo here as we'll just end up with some other random who's never watched a second of championship football in his life.

8 minutes ago, Geosword said:

It could be said they wouldn't come under the current circumstances but look at Leeds under Celino - basket club but kept getting the big names cos they were still a draw for anyone wanting to make a name for themselves. We are also a lure. Still.

Case in point - McCarthy was hinting strong enough that he'd take us on but that ship has sailed.

As much as I'd love to keep Jos and see what he could do in the long term, we just don't have that luxury.

Any one of the above would command instant respect from the players and it would be a safe bet that they'd get an instant response.

But as I said, it's all pretty moot with Paxo here as we'll just end up with some other random who's never watched a second of championship football in his life.

Thank you for moving the debate on.  I would go with any of those. However as you said whether they would be invited to take the place and / or take the job is the key. :biggrin:

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Some interesting views and opinions , all I know is football can change very quickly. Reach looked a waste of money for many months all of a sudden if he keeps scoring , selling him could change everything financially. Huddersfield , Cardiff and the pigs are all examples of how a manager can turn things around so quickly. Do I trust chansiri to appoint one, hell no. But sleepwalking to league one ain't gonna solve anything. 

Its the hope that kills you. UTO 

Only if you have absolutely no idea what a decent footballer looks like.

Guest The Horse
4 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Thank you for moving the debate on.  I would go with any of those. However as you said whether they would be invited to take the place and / or take the job is the key. :biggrin:

Indeed! :tongue:

We're all just fed up and want to see us competing at the top.

Everyone has an opinion and it's great that these forums let us vent them but the only opinion that can alter things is that of Chansiri.

I might just hibernate and see where we're at in May!

38 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Who? 

Jokanovic, Bruce, Moyes ,Holloway, Alexander, Jackett are all realistic candidates as well as being unrealistic as we know our esteemed leader will probably not heard of them let alone employ them. 

13 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Jokanovic, Bruce, Moyes ,Holloway, Alexander, Jackett are all realistic candidates as well as being unrealistic as we know our esteemed leader will probably not heard of them let alone employ them. 

I can't imagine first 3 on list being interested, and don't think Alexander has done anything to suggest he's ready for job, but Jackett might not be a bad shout to be fair.

4 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Until the Club comes clean - and, has a mission statement and a plan, including financial long term stability;

Nobody of any merit.

Its just shuffling the deck chairs - whilst the band keeps playing.

A complete new broom is needed - not a hand brush and pan.

Lets hope in the next steering meeting that chansiri will come clean and tell the selected few what it is only for them to be told not to tell anyone.

The term comady club is exactly what we are no kidding.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Starting with the players

They fight like their lives depend on it at the lane, then the very next game they're back to not giving a damn

i thought they gave there all yesterday ……why do you think they didn't ?

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

but chansiri said he still as the money to spend if allowed to do so …...

At the risk of being whooshed that is the problem.

The Chairman's overspent on fess and wages by a huge amount (apparently in the ridiculously naive belief that "we have friends") so there has to be a correction.

Trouble is all the high earners are still here bar Rhodes (and who knows we may still be paying some of his wages), so until they have moved out and for FFP purposes the wages etc have dropped off the 3 year accounting period we are still stuffed. It's only then that we will be able to start a proper rebuild, in the meantime we are going to have a season (maybe more) flirting with relegation.

Let's hope it's only flirting with it.

Either way getting a new manager doesn't change the financial situation one iota in fact with compensation (for Jos and possibly the new guy if we take someone contracted elsewhere) it could make it considerably worse and the other financial constraints will still be there.

Could anyone handle it or would they even want to?

4 hours ago, Geosword said:

Jokanovic had money to spend

Bruce effectively walked out of Hull because of the money situation

Think you can safely rule both of them out given our circumstances.

Holloway, maybe but when was the last time he actually did something with a team?

10 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

In the last 18 years we have had , 12 MANAGERS! Ffs! that's an average of just over 18 months each that has worked out really well hasn't it, and spent most of that time in the lower half of the championship.

Where is the evidence that chopping and changing the manager every 18 months works?.

That's probably because we've picked rubbish managers in the first place