To the Jos supporters

I admire your loyalty and stability is what all clubs and supporters aspire too but What is it you see in him that I and others don't. You may point out blooding youngsters,FFP and injuries etc. I see a man who after 11 months doesn't know his best team or formation. A man who has 4 left backs but picks the worst of the lot . A man who's only permanent signing is awful. Hector is decent but he got dropped after being voted POTM. A man who isolates players randomly ( it's not contractual it's his decision). So say we have a fully fit squad and money to spend what is it you see that thinks he'd keep us up and then build a team capable of challenging. Genuine intrigue!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

I admire your loyalty and stability is what all clubs and supporters aspire too but What is it you see in him that I and others don't. You may point out blooding youngsters,FFP and injuries etc. I see a man who after 11 months doesn't know his best team or formation. A man who has 4 left backs but picks the worst of the lot . A man who's only permanent signing is awful. Hector is decent but he got dropped after being voted POTM. A man who isolates players randomly ( it's not contractual it's his decision). So say we have a fully fit squad and money to spend what is it you see that thinks he'd keep us up and then build a team capable of challenging. Genuine intrigue!! 

What supporters, I dont see or hear any unless you mean DC.

25 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

2 genuine LB's, 2 others who can play there.

When the Titantic was sinking, changing the Captain wouldn’t have made one appeth of difference.

I’m ambivalent towards the current manager - but without autonomy and a clean sheet, a new manager is pointless.

Some of you are suggesting quick solutions - there aren’t any.

• Like 3

I am a supporter of having a manager who is in post against a theoretical manager who has all the attributes that Jos doesn't have but who doesn't exist / there is no chance of coming to Hillsborough. 

To all of the people who are calling for Jos to be sacked, who is going to come in  and save the day?  Genuinely want to know. 

Happy for him to go but who will come in? 

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Rev Owl said:

To all of the people who are calling for Jos to be sacked, who is going to come in  and save the day?  Genuinely want to know. 

Until the Club comes clean - and, has a mission statement and a plan, including financial long term stability;

Nobody of any merit.

Its just shuffling the deck chairs - whilst the band keeps playing.

A complete new broom is needed - not a hand brush and pan.

• Haha 1

Why do I support him? 

Same me reason I support some of our players that are shybo at times too, he’s at my club, managing my team. Until that changes he has my support.

He also at times has my criticism. Although I think I more than many posters on here struggle to see how anyone else can manage better with similar circumstances. He has a thankless task to deliver at the moment and he’s doing it with very little fuss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

Who's these other left back's? 

Pudil admits he can't play that roll anymore, Penney might be better going forward but Fox is better at defending. 

If Reach is other left back it's a definite no, especially with yesterday's formation, he can't tackle and we need him down other end of pitch, he's our best goal threat most games. 

Edited by bradowl

Some interesting views and opinions , all I know is football can change very quickly. Reach looked a waste of money for many months all of a sudden if he keeps scoring , selling him could change everything financially. Huddersfield , Cardiff and the pigs are all examples of how a manager can turn things around so quickly. Do I trust chansiri to appoint one, hell no. But sleepwalking to league one ain't gonna solve anything. 

Its the hope that kills you. UTO 

Irrespective of the off field, unclear problems he is making an absolute dogs breakfast of managing us on the pitch.

Awful preseason, crap preparation leading to awful Wigan performance, no set tactics or formation, continual selection changes, playing players out of position etc etc.

All that is down to nobody else but Jos and it is Sunday League stuff 

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Irrespective of the off field, unclear problems he is making an absolute dogs breakfast of managing us on the pitch.

Awful preseason, crap preparation leading to awful Wigan performance, no set tactics or formation, continual selection changes, playing players out of position etc etc.

All that is down to nobody else but Jos and it is Sunday League stuff 

Let's say that's right. 

Who is going to come in? 

16 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Who's these other left back's? 

Pudil admits he can't play that roll anymore, Penney might be better going forward but Fox is better at defending. 

If Reach is other left back it's a definite no, especially with yesterday's formation, he can't tackle and we need him down other end of pitch, he's our best goal threat most games. 

Out of pudil thornley Penney fox and Reach. Would you play Fox at hillsborough?? 

If up to me I would say thank you for you efforts Jos but I dont think its working and we want to move in another direction.

But I can see the view that sacking him and his back room staff would cost money bedt used for player recruitment.

Also with some things you hear about behind the scenes (which may or may not be true) very few managers with pedigree may want to take it on.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

When the Titantic was sinking, changing the Captain wouldn’t have made one appeth of difference.

I’m ambivalent towards the current manager - but without autonomy and a clean sheet, a new manager is pointless.

Some of you are suggesting quick solutions - there aren’t any.

However just before they hit the iceberg it might have done