To the Jos supporters

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

Let's say that's right. 

Who is going to come in? 

There are always people who will come in . Somebody like Holloway would be up here in a flash if offered it .

His enthusiasm , man management skills and knowledge would improve us immediately.

Players would love coming in each day which I doubt they are at the moment.

Is he a world beater, nope.

Is he better than what we have. Yes

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

I admire your loyalty and stability is what all clubs and supporters aspire too but What is it you see in him that I and others don't. You may point out blooding youngsters,FFP and injuries etc. I see a man who after 11 months doesn't know his best team or formation. A man who has 4 left backs but picks the worst of the lot . A man who's only permanent signing is awful. Hector is decent but he got dropped after being voted POTM. A man who isolates players randomly ( it's not contractual it's his decision). So say we have a fully fit squad and money to spend what is it you see that thinks he'd keep us up and then build a team capable of challenging. Genuine intrigue!! 

Our club is in deep do do

A new manager would have the same problems, no money to spend, a group of players that don't give a crap, and another group of players who we can't play for one reason or another. There is no quick fix, but yeah lets sack the manager, pay his contract up with money we haven't got, and then see which idiot will take this job.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

24 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Some interesting views and opinions , all I know is football can change very quickly. Reach looked a waste of money for many months all of a sudden if he keeps scoring , selling him could change everything financially. Huddersfield , Cardiff and the pigs are all examples of how a manager can turn things around so quickly. Do I trust chansiri to appoint one, hell no. But sleepwalking to league one ain't gonna solve anything. 

Its the hope that kills you. UTO 

Only if someone pays 20 million

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, the third man said:

However just before they hit the iceberg it might have done

You don’t think we’ve already hit the iceberg?

I admire your optimism.

I’ve been in a lifeboat for some time.

About 3 bloody years, in fact.

Still, you can only fool some of the people, some of the time.

In the last 18 years we have had , 12 MANAGERS! Ffs! that's an average of just over 18 months each that has worked out really well hasn't it, and spent most of that time in the lower half of the championship.

Where is the evidence that chopping and changing the manager every 18 months works?.

Edited by adelphi1867

11 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Only if someone pays 20 million

Yeah and in the form he's in and in this inflated market is that unfeasable? I'm not saying he's worth it more like 10-12, but he certainly isn't if he's a league one player. Never has football been so erractic things change so quickly but I just don't see it happening under Jos. 

17 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

In the last 18 years we have had , 12 MANAGERS! Ffs! that's an average of just over 18 months each that has worked out really well hasn't it, and spent most of that time in the lower half of the championship.

Where is the evidence that chopping and changing the manager every 18 months works?.

On here it’s just like it was 12 months ago when many wanted CC out.

I said it then and will say it again now, the manager is not our real problem and changing manager now will probably result in the same scenario in 12 months time.

Unfortunately this is real football and not Football Manager and we cant decide to restart the game if we don't like how the results are going. I don't know all the ins and outs of what going off at the club, who is injured, what the situation is contacturally but there are many people at our club who should take a long hard look at themselves.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

On here it’s just like it was 12 months ago when many wanted CC out.

I said it then and will say it again now, the manager is not our real problem and changing manager now will probably result in the same scenario in 12 months time.

Until DC gets rid of those leading him up the garden path , things will only get worse on and off the pitch. 

When he arrived post Christmas last year I was happy to just let him find his footing with a new club, players and league. 

The early signs were a bit hit and miss, but as we ended the season well even under the injury crisis and circumstances he inherited and jos seemed capable of doing a good job, made us solid, hard to beat and we had a great run of form which provided plenty of optimism. 

The problem for me is the guy has gone backwards,dosnt seem to be able to sort out a formation that suits us or a style of play and I've now nicknamed him jos "The Rotator" and I've now almost lost all faith in his ability to turn this regression and downward spiralling free fall back to league one. 

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

Yeah and in the form he's in and in this inflated market is that unfeasable? I'm not saying he's worth it more like 10-12, but he certainly isn't if he's a league one player. Never has football been so erractic things change so quickly but I just don't see it happening under Jos. 

Even if we got that amount for him it's all likely to go on getting us out of the FFP hole that we are in. There will be very little (if any) left over for rebuilding the team.

2 hours ago, the third man said:

However just before they hit the iceberg it might have done

Hate to break it to you but we hit the iceberg in 2016/17 season when we spent way beyond our means to fund without promotion to the EFL.

We rolled the dice and cr4apped out. Now it's payback time and it could be very long and very uncomfortable. Star assets are going to have to be sold to get us back on anything like an even keel.

My biggest fear isn't even relegation to L1 (we've been there before three times in my lifetime), it's the fact that we could go down with a huge FFP problem and then incur further penalties which could end up with us going down again.

Roll on January so we can start clearing the decks and begin to sort this mess out.

evidently we were crap when he arrived that's why we got rid of carlos , in just shy of a year he's bought one player and shifted out half a dozen when if he had his way he'd have probably wanted to get rid of at least 6 more and bring in his own choices  ……..I don't know if he's any good but while his hands are tied to shuffling someone else's squad then its very hard to judge him . 

10 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Even if we got that amount for him it's all likely to go on getting us out of the FFP hole that we are in. There will be very little (if any) left over for rebuilding the team.

but chansiri said he still as the money to spend if allowed to do so …...

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I don't know if he's any good but while his hands are tied to shuffling someone else's squad then its very hard to judge him . 

Why are his hands tied?...he foooks about too much. Plays defensive shyte football, makes a bolllllax of substitutions. He's fell out with some for whatever reason.

Nah he's hopeless.

We may be snookered financially but Jos  is not the man to improve our situation on the playing side of things.

We need a manager with a clearly defined style of play that players can adapt to quickly & a manager with a good record of motivating players.

At this point in time I would say experience of the division is essential for our next manager as we are currently relegation candidates.

Either Megson or Gray could do that short term.

We need to act swiftly though...