Mr Fletcher

52 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Doesn't score enough. 

Much to admire about the other parts of his game but, for me, he's found wanting too much when the goal is at his mercy. 

He's missed some absolute sitters in his time here. 

Should have had 3 points against Hull.

Fletcher's fault.

lol

Been a big disappointment for me overall. 

For a player who's played regularly in the PL for so long, you'd expect to see at least some attributes that make you think - yes I can see why he's played at that level. I just don't see it.

Technically he's miles away from FF and Hooper, he doesn't offer the goal threat of Joao and I'd argue he's not as good with his back to goal as Nuhiu. 

Decent in the air and works hard. Honestly thought we were getting more for 40k a week.

He's looked as fit and sharp this season as I've seen him for us since he signed on.

Looks like he's lost a few pounds too.  Certainly is grafting with much more vigour.

Good player.

shame he's not more prolific in front of goal. But then we knew that when we signed him. 

14 hours ago, Dylan93 said:

I always ask myself the same question with Fletcher. “Has he done enough in the 3 seasons he has been with us?” No. 

I’d personally sell. He isn’t getting any younger

Been like this for a few seasons with us though .. hits form in patches and plays well, bags a few goals but for the money that he is on, and the cost he just doesn't score enough for me .. never been prolific but its not like he offers much else in terms of assists neither

if we can get someone in cheaper to replace him that might offer what he does or more i'd look at moving him on .. his wages are a proper stumbling block for us ...

same for Hooper now i'm afraid - he has goals but his fitness and being out for nearly a season now we can't afford to keep players like that anymore

55 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Been like this for a few seasons with us though .. hits form in patches and plays well, bags a few goals but for the money that he is on, and the cost he just doesn't score enough for me .. never been prolific but its not like he offers much else in terms of assists neither

if we can get someone in cheaper to replace him that might offer what he does or more i'd look at moving him on .. his wages are a proper stumbling block for us ...

same for Hooper now i'm afraid - he has goals but his fitness and being out for nearly a season now we can't afford to keep players like that anymore

We will never shift Hooper until his contract finishes. Even if came back into full training at Xmas would take rest of season to find his sharpness. Sad as at this level was a good player.

58 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We will never shift Hooper until his contract finishes. Even if came back into full training at Xmas would take rest of season to find his sharpness. Sad as at this level was a good player.

We are going to lose out on a lot of money with the players we've brought being the wrong side of 30 and winding down their careers

terrible financial planning not bringing in saleable assets ...

Id let him go for nothing if we could get someone to take him in January.

He's a decent player who hasn't really lived up to the hype since being with us. Although he's had decent games and looked good since his return his goals tally has not been great he's on big money and we have plenty of strikers.

Need to be looking to offload.

Personally I don't think Hooper will play for us again either but he is the bigger loss of the two.

17 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

It seems he's getting back to his best and is impressing us and the scottish fans and players. 

A free transfer who we could now possibly be worth a couple of million if he keeps it up! 

A big earner with us, apparently 40k (according to Wilder) a week.

Do we sell if an offer comes in to release the wages? or keep hold of him and look to possibly re-negotiate a lower wage in 2020 (£15k a week 2 year contract?) again if he keeps it up and stays injury free! He claims he now plays pain free which he hasn't done for a long time. 

Personally I can't see Hooper playing for us again so would it be good to try and keep hold of Fletcher as an older experienced head that can coach the likes of Borokuv, Hammoud etc 

I love you optimism but he has scored 2 goals all season and now 1 for Scotland, if we can find anyone stupid enough to offer him the wages he is on with us and take on the remaining 18 months of his deal with no transfer fee, that would be great business by us.

More likely he will probably get injured or when he get to the last 12 months not be allowed to play due to us building for the future as Westwood, Jones, Abdi, Hutchinson etc have had happen this season.

37 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Id let him go for nothing if we could get someone to take him in January.

He's a decent player who hasn't really lived up to the hype since being with us. Although he's had decent games and looked good since his return his goals tally has not been great he's on big money and we have plenty of strikers.

Need to be looking to offload.

Personally I don't think Hooper will play for us again either but he is the bigger loss of the two.

Problem is we get rid of him. doesn't leave us with much else what with  virtually every one Being injury prone.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's looked as fit and sharp this season as I've seen him for us since he signed on.

Looks like he's lost a few pounds too.  Certainly is grafting with much more vigour.

Good player.

shame he's not more prolific in front of goal. But then we knew that when we signed him. 

Agreed

and its an even bet that Jos will rest him on Saturday after playing 2 games in 2 weeks

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not sure about that, an decent Championship player but nothing more.

I think he has shown it at key moments like that back heel to Hooper when falling over against Birmingham in his first season. The volley at Blackburn. I think he’d played top tier all his career but he is certainly on his way down now. 

• Like 1