A few names.....

Only realistic one there is McCarthy.

id be going for Paul Heckingbotttom though.

Worked at Barnsley well on a shoestring budget. Knows the league, the club and the fans and their expectations.

The most important thing we do, regardless, is get someone who is used to the league and the English game.

We don’t have the money for a revolution like under Carlos where we played new and exciting football and were, for one season, the championship sweet heart team. Like Bielsa has turned Leeds into this season.

We need to work with what we have and go back to the basics that steady you in this league.

7 hours ago, Ronio said:

It makes perfect sense when you think about it.  A dog would never screw you for money. lol

Have to disagree,

I was married to a Bitcch and she took it all.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 6

I do not think we have vacancy.

if one does arrive I would like to see a mature person with younger assistant in place. Those currently out of work Stuart Gray is the best in my opinion. as for a young assistant I would go for Ben Wilkinson who was recruited for man City u/23 team in summer. If he is a chip of the old block he will be very good. The u/18s team he coached last year are flying and they play high pressing game. my guess is he was instrumental in coaching these tactics and why city recruited him to fall in with their approach.

Would love to see something innovative in choice of manager but not high risk.

6 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Only realistic one there is McCarthy.

id be going for Paul Heckingbotttom though.

Worked at Barnsley well on a shoestring budget. Knows the league, the club and the fans and their expectations.

The most important thing we do, regardless, is get someone who is used to the league and the English game.

We don’t have the money for a revolution like under Carlos where we played new and exciting football and were, for one season, the championship sweet heart team. Like Bielsa has turned Leeds into this season.

We need to work with what we have and go back to the basics that steady you in this league.

Heckingbottom tho.......................wow.

In a comfort zone at Barnsley,doing relatively well for clubs expectations and budget,Leeds come a calling and talk about failing miserably,jeez.

2 thoughts on this.

First I wouldn't want any of the names on the list, they're either unrealistic, don't play football I want to see Wednesday play or they're called Harry Redknapp 

Secondly, why get rid now? Realistically speaking if were to bring anyone in could they do better than the attritional tactics we play now? Probably not...my thoughts are keep Jos until the end of the season, we're not going down, we're not (and were never likely to) go up. At the end of the season sell on some players, solve P&S and bring in a manager that can bring players in and start a clean slate and new chapter inour history. Don't bring someone in now whose early tenure might be tainted by mid table obscurity causing this same discussion with the same names at the end of this season

9 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

2 thoughts on this.

First I wouldn't want any of the names on the list, they're either unrealistic, don't play football I want to see Wednesday play or they're called Harry Redknapp 

Secondly, why get rid now? Realistically speaking if were to bring anyone in could they do better than the attritional tactics we play now? Probably not...my thoughts are keep Jos until the end of the season, we're not going down, 

The performances in the last 5 matches have been nothing short of a bottom 3 side. Even the draw at the pigs was a backs to the wall, come for a desperate draw and be relieved to get it, job.

The big question is whether that form can be turned around, by the return of the likes of Forestieri and Matias. The jury is definitely out on that one 

13 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I’d keep off the wacky backy if I were you.

If you're suggesting hes talking crap. why are you insinuating hes on that?

some of the best inventions and best minds of our world found creativity through exactly that, including in sport...

are you suggesting if he would have poured loads of beer down his neck instead his opinions would have been more in line? 

much more crap is talked by the beer swilling idiots. you only have to be on the terraces for any away game to know that.

wise up dude. peace out.

37 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

2 thoughts on this.

Secondly, why get rid now? Realistically speaking if were to bring anyone in could they do better than the attritional tactics we play now? Probably not...my thoughts are keep Jos until the end of the season, we're not going down, we're not (and were never likely to) go up. At the end of the season sell on some players, solve P&S and bring in a manager that can bring players in and start a clean slate and new chapter inour history. Don't bring someone in now whose early tenure might be tainted by mid table obscurity causing this same discussion with the same names at the end of this season

Common sense doesn't go down well on here. We all know the financial restraints but most want JL gone. Wheres the compo coming from. Also we have the set of shi*e players who recently bar the odd one or two have been a disgrace to wear the Shirt. Was that the managers fault was it hell like. So how exactly would a new name turn this around whilst the contracts are still inforce. Easy, no one, so we or should I say the chairman as to stop signing ageing players looking for a final pay day. All this crap about sacking Jos is rubbish. 

2 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

some of the best inventions and best minds of our world found creativity through exactly that, including in sport...

are you suggesting if he would have poured loads of beer down his neck instead his opinions would have been more in line? 

much more crap is talked by the beer swilling idiots. you only have to be on the terraces for any away game to know that.

wise up dude. peace out.

Junkie.

:biggrin:

Guest Manwithastick
2 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

wise up dude. peace out.

don't you play Pokemon?

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Why tho,thats the point,not that hard to work out is it ?

Because he did a brilliant job at Barnsley considering some of the things that went on there. Took over when they were near the bottom of League One, won the JPT, won the play off final, CEO left, assistant sacked for off the field stuff. Three best players sold (for next to nothing in Winnall's case). Wasn't backed by the new owners and the Leeds job fell nicely for him as a decent pay off (which no manager has actually done that well in have they?). If he were to change manager, he'd be a decent shout. Miles better than 99% of the names I've seen on here and twitter over the last few weeks.