Forcing high earners out?

I can’t understand why there’s so many that don’t want to see Abdi, Jones , Boyd , Westwood and Hutchinson leave in January 

None of them have a future here 

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It has to be hindsight tho' doesn't it?

Unless I missed a press conference that said 

"If we don't do it 2 years the club is up sh 8t creek"

We were not acquainted with the whole story were we....

I feel a f.ookin' idiot for buying Jordan Rhodes now...

We were all aware of FFP. It's been talked about on here for as long as I can  remember.

I just don't recall Mr Farrell being so vocal when we were doing well.

In fact I don't think Mr Farrell posts when we are doing well.

He's a shít stirrer.

Just my humble opinion of course...

Edited by markowl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

westwood will automatically trigger a clause when fielded 

so whats to say others haven't got something similar written in their contract too. Got to think it was our first season buying players for silly money ect... 

Westwood has played 143 games for us. A clause will not be triggered on the 144 game mark. 

1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Michael Brown said it on sky friday night.

The commentator also said we refused to sell him in the summer. It is obvious to anybody both statements can not be correct and other statements made it clear neither of them knew nothing.

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I can’t understand why there’s so many that don’t want to see Abdi, Jones , Boyd , Westwood and Hutchinson leave in January 

None of them have a future here 

None of them have a future playing football. Quite simply time is up for them.

1 hour ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Is the club purposefully managing high earners out to try to free up wages in January to change things round?

Forcing those who can’t play 40 games a season longer term to move on?

I think that’s clearly the plan. If they want to play at the end of their career they need to move on.

If we are really skint, should the club be honest with us or would that be bad for morale and encourage other clubs to unsettle our key players?

We can’t be skint. Otherwise we’d be going under with losses of this magnitude.  

The issue is caused by the football league 

• Like 1

Is the club purposefully managing high earners out to try to free up wages in January to change things round?

Forcing those who can’t play 40 games a season longer term to move on?

I'm going to go with absolutely and I for one don't have a problem with it. 

1 hour ago, adifferentgame said:

Looks that way.

From the sounds of it, we're not going to see the likes of Hutch, Hooper, Abdi, etc unless Jos does a u-turn.

Only way I can see them featuring is if the man gets sacked, in which case it would be too late for them to make much of a difference.

Just who could pick Hooper when last seen (last week) he was in hospital bed following operation. 

Abdi can not run we were sold a player whose legs had gone. He has not looked a footballer since arriving.

Hutchinson have a look how long he lasted on previous appearances for first team. He has been retired once medically from game and admits he is in pain every game. No body can pick a player for first team who you know will not last the 90 minutes ina high tempo league.When he first arrived we rested him after games and did not play him in mid week. This was ignored and he his now paying consequences for this folly.

6 minutes ago, markowl said:

We were all aware of FFP. It's been talked about on here for as long as I can  remember.

I just don't recall Mr Farrell being so vocal when we were doing well.

In fact I don't think Mr Farrell posts when we are doing well.

He's a shít stirrer.

Just my humble opinion of course...

Wasn't really my point mark...

What Mr Farrel posts is his point of view, I might not agree with all of it, but to me its not so much sh *t stirrings as worries a lot of Wednesday fans are having at the minute.

Do you honestly think the club is being run along the right lines at the minute?

If you do...fair enough we agree to disagree, 

My point was...

I was a bit p*ssed off to buy a season ticket , then find out about the "Embargo"..Well I only found out when the f.ooker was lifted...Is that the right way to attract the fans?

I would have bought one anyhow, but I still think it slightly underhand from a bloke that calls us "The Wednesday family"....

I don't want platitudes, it makes no difference to me, ..he's running it as he likes, I don't like it..I say so..I don't hide behind a "wednesday family" type of superficial curtain...

Tell it like it is and forget the ornaments...Wednesday should have done that at the beginning of this season, they chose not to, and the price will be paid...(Or a lot of it won't) ..next season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

Just who could pick Hooper when last seen (last week) he was in hospital bed following operation. 

Abdi can not run we were sold a player whose legs had gone. He has not looked a footballer since arriving.

Hutchinson have a look how long he lasted on previous appearances for first team. He has been retired once medically from game and admits he is in pain every game. No body can pick a player for first team who you know will not last the 90 minutes ina high tempo league.When he first arrived we rested him after games and did not play him in mid week. This was ignored and he his now paying consequences for this folly.

Maybe a different game thinks Hooper should play on crutches? 

Its a disgrace that Jos isn’t picking him. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Would be very interesting to see what would happen should both Dawson and Wildsmith get injured at the same time.

Surely even Jos and DC wouldn't play the u18's keeper.

Please don't tempt fate!!!

:luhukay:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Isnt the rumour that 2 games triggers a new contract. 

Maybe new deal kicks in 100 games after he signed old deal something like that.

There might be some truth to that.

Westwood's contract was extended on 2nd September 2015.

He'd played 44 games the season before and made an additional 2 appearances before the contract extension. By the time he'd signed the deal he'd made 46 appearances in total.

Overall he's made 144 appearances for us so 2 more appearances will be the 100th after signing the new deal. Which if any of this is true will trigger some sort of clause.

Cracked it

:stuwinky:

• Like 1