Forcing high earners out?

It seems we are doing to Jones, Abdi, Boyd... What we did to Hirst.

Only difference is that now it is because we want to pressure these players to leave in January, while in Hirst's situation it was because we wanted to pressure him in signing new deal.

Really not sure who sane will want to sign for us if/when word get out ?!

20 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Whoever sanctioned the stupid contracts in the first place wants their bumps felt.

So you believe it's only our players who have clauses to do with appearances and contract extensions ?

Edited by Owlinmad

4 minutes ago, malek said:

It seems we are doing to Jones, Abdi, Boyd... What we did to Hirst.

Only difference is that now it is because we want to pressure these players to leave in January, while in Hirst's situation it was because we wanted to pressure him in signing new deal.

Really not sure who sane will want to sign for us if/when word get out ?!

I assume word got out to Penney and Thorniley about Hirst’s situation. Didn’t seem to bother them. Players will take the best opportunity available to them.

15 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

So you believe it's only our players who have clauses to do with appearances and contract extensions ?

Ya cant tell me abdi not getting a game because of appearance bonus .the man hardly played since he joined

41 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

If we are really skint, should the club be honest with us or would that be bad for morale and encourage other clubs to unsettle our key players?

You really think the club are going to show their hand financially when its likely we will sell players in January or the summer?

That would be financial suicide.

4 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You really think the club are going to show their hand financially when its likely we will sell players in January or the summer?

That would be financial suicide.

I can't be certain on the matter but I have a feeling that most of the footballing world has a pretty good idea of our financial position at the present time. :wacko:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Is the club purposefully managing high earners out to try to free up wages in January to change things round?

Forcing those who can’t play 40 games a season longer term to move on?

It sounds like a feasible reason considering we are being told nothing.

Some of the rumours flying about are far fetched.

Still wish they would fess up and be honest with us, we will always

be there through thick and thin so whats it matter.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I can't be certain on the matter but I have a feeling that most of the footballing world has a pretty good idea of our financial position at the present time. :wacko:

But we aren't going to shout about it are we? Unless we are crazy.

Especially when in January when we could play more hard ball on transfer fees than in the summer.

33 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

I believe it's only us that now have a shiit team, have banished experienced players, have been transfer embargo'd once and are certain to be again, and after robbing the fans blind have fed them a load of lies.

All just my opinion of course, and in no way portrayed as fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spuddy01 said:

Unsurprisingly, this has been ignored. 

The owner of the club has a long term duty to protect the long term safety and stability of the Club. It’s clear now there was just pure gamble with no long term strategy. That’s unacceptable. The fans didn’t know the financial implications at the time.

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I believe it's only us that now have a shiit team, have banished experienced players, have been transfer embargo'd once and are certain to be again, and after robbing the fans blind have fed them a load of lies.

All just my opinion of course, and in no way portrayed as fact.

Believe...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

The owner of the club has a long term duty to protect the long term safety and stability of the Club. It’s clear now there was just pure gamble with no long term strategy. That’s unacceptable. The fans didn’t know the financial implications at the time.

100% this.

The owner is totally accountable for our long term plan and financial security.

This blaming the fans apologising is pathetic.

8 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

First time I've heard of this duty thing, is this laid down in law?  Or just wishful thinking?  

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Funny I never heard people moaning about paying high wages when we were reaching the play offs in consecutive seasons.

Hindsight Is such a handy tool.

It has to be hindsight tho' doesn't it?

Unless I missed a press conference that said 

"If we don't do it 2 years the club is up sh 8t creek"

We were not acquainted with the whole story were we....

I feel a f.ookin' idiot for buying Jordan Rhodes now...