Forcing high earners out?

41 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Wasn't really my point mark...

What Mr Farrel posts is his point of view, I might not agree with all of it, but to me its not so much sh *t stirrings as worries a lot of Wednesday fans are having at the minute.

Do you honestly think the club is being run along the right lines at the minute?

If you do...fair enough we agree to disagree, 

My point was...

I was a bit p*ssed off to buy a season ticket , then find out about the "Embargo"..Well I only found out when the f.ooker was lifted...Is that the right way to attract the fans?

I would have bought one anyhow, but I still think it slightly underhand from a bloke that calls us "The Wednesday family"....

I don't want platitudes, it makes no difference to me, ..he's running it as he likes, I don't like it..I say so..I don't hide behind a "wednesday family" type of superficial curtain...

Tell it like it is and forget the ornaments...Wednesday should have done that at the beginning of this season, they chose not to, and the price will be paid...(Or a lot of it won't) ..next season

You get me.

I post to release my own personal frustration about things at my club and ultimately, I may often be extreme, but I'm just one poster out of thousands of Owls.

Owlstalk has always been the greatest medium for that.

• Like 1

I doubt these rumours are true. We're told DC turned down bids for Jones / Westwood in the summer but why would he if he had no intention of playing them (poss due to contract renewals?) Even if they were loan bids, where we still pay some of the wages, it would make more sense letting them go than having them sit around doing nothing.

3 hours ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Is the club purposefully managing high earners out to try to free up wages in January to change things round?

Forcing those who can’t play 40 games a season longer term to move on?

If it was as simple as that then Fletcher would be sat with them, he came out and said he doesn't want players who can't train every day when fit, the only one i'm completely against id Hutchinson and id like to see Westwood back but actually like Dawson and think hes a good keeper.

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I can’t understand why there’s so many that don’t want to see Abdi, Jones , Boyd , Westwood and Hutchinson leave in January 

None of them have a future here 

The problem we have is finding teams to take them when none of them have played for months and are on massive wages. 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

You get me.

I post to release my own personal frustration about things at my club and ultimately, I may often be extreme, but I'm just one poster out of thousands of Owls.

Owlstalk has always been the greatest medium for that.

I generally find hard physical activity and a good shuffle works for frustrations.:goalie:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

I doubt these rumours are true. We're told DC turned down bids for Jones / Westwood in the summer but why would he if he had no intention of playing them (poss due to contract renewals?) Even if they were loan bids, where we still pay some of the wages, it would make more sense letting them go than having them sit around doing nothing.

The bids are true. Highly unlikely Sky would say that without a good source.

I suspect DC wanted to keep hold of the squad but Jos has since fallen out with a few players. Boyd, Abdi, Hutchinson, Westwood, Jones etc....

The bids would have come in before the fall out. 

Edited by CF83OWL
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

I suspect DC wanted to keep hold of the squad but Jos has since fallen out with a few players. Boyd, Abdi, Hutchinson, Westwood, Jones etc....

Sorry, I mean I doubt the contract renewal stuff is true. I'm sure we had bids and we turned them down so we must have had the intention of playing them initially.

He gave Boyd a go in the cup and he was terrible. Jones he played a lot last year but his passing was atrocious. Abdi - I'm bored of the jokes to be honest. 

I think he's looking past them all purely for football and fitness reasons and some players are not happy about it. As you would hope. 

Shame he can't find a way to get Hutch in the squad. Even if he thinks he can't rely on him surely you'd have him on the bench. 

10 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Sky also said that Luhukay was choosing not to play Kieran Lee.

Do you reckon they have a good source for that one, too?

:duntmatter:

13 hours ago, Woozie said:

There might be some truth to that.

Westwood's contract was extended on 2nd September 2015.

He'd played 44 games the season before and made an additional 2 appearances before the contract extension. By the time he'd signed the deal he'd made 46 appearances in total.

Overall he's made 144 appearances for us so 2 more appearances will be the 100th after signing the new deal. Which if any of this is true will trigger some sort of clause.

Cracked it

:stuwinky:

He signed another contract in August 2016 taking him to the summer of 2019.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11703/10524254/sheffield-wednesday-goalkeeper-keiren-westwood-extends-contract

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

If you really believe any club made a bid for Jones in the summer you must be living in an alternative universe.

He is what, 33 ??, going into last year of his contract. 

Got the pace of a snail and came here for a last big pay day.

There is zero chance that happened. 

Mistakes have been made, lessons learned. I think as fans we need to accept the position we are in and give the owner and manager time to rebuild. You cannot deny that Chansiri comes from the heart and whilst this might get in the way sometimes I think we could do a lot, lot worse. 

18 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

So you believe it's only our players who have clauses to do with appearances and contract extensions ?

It’s only this club stupid enough to sign crocks like Hutchinson on big deals , past it players like jones and Boyd I’m big deals yes. Why did a regular premier league starter like abdi sign for us ? He knew he was finished and so did Watford , yet stupid old Sheffield Wednesday are left with the waste of space 

18 hours ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Is the club purposefully managing high earners out to try to free up wages in January to change things round?

Forcing those who can’t play 40 games a season longer term to move on?

So based on that

the following players will be gone as in the last 3 season none have played 40 games

Westwood, Lees, Pudil, Lee, Hooper, Jones, Abdi, Forestieri, Hooper, Joao, Jones, Fletcher, Matias, Boyd, Hutchinson all will be on close to at least £20,000 a week.

For me I see a chairman without a clue what he is doing, the commentated on Friday mentioned we had turned down bids for Westwood and Jones both on a reported £20,000 a week + so that £2m salary + transfer fees we have missed out on and the endless Westwood debates and of course the fan base not happy with Westwood not playing, the youngsters being affected by the chants.

And since the bids where turned down Westwood has made no appearance and Jones played a cup game fantastic management by the chairman once more, but not like we have to worry about FFP or anything is it.