Forcing high earners out?

48 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Mistakes have been made, lessons learned. I think as fans we need to accept the position we are in and give the owner and manager time to rebuild. You cannot deny that Chansiri comes from the heart and whilst this might get in the way sometimes I think we could do a lot, lot worse. 

Have we learnt from our lessons we still signed up Pudil last season on around £20,000 a week and we will be lucky if he plays 25 games this season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

If you really believe any club made a bid for Jones in the summer you must be living in an alternative universe.

He is what, 33 ??, going into last year of his contract. 

Got the pace of a snail and came here for a last big pay day.

There is zero chance that happened. 

It's possible bids were made for Westwood and Jones - free transfers where we continue to pay a significant portion of their wages. In which case, it's not unreasonable for us to turn down the offers. This would ultimately leave the decision with the player as to whether they would take a significant pay cut to leave. It could explain why they are now frozen out, if they refused this...

This is all pure speculation of course!

12 minutes ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Not a chance Pudil is on £20,000 a week I'm sorry, don't be dramatic

We signed him from Watford a London club, we signed on loan then we paid over £2m to make him permanent then last year he won't have taken a pay reduction to resign. I bet Pudil is on more than most in our defense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Have we learnt from our lessons we still signed up Pudil last season on around £20,000 a week and we will be lucky if he plays 25 games this season.

Been one of our better performers since Jos arrived, so I would argue a deal thoroughly deserved - t’was only a year as well, so not too risky. In fairness, I cannot argue with any of the deals since Jos arrived (including the loans and one permanent).  

Edited by AwokenGiant

At least we know the truth now thanks to Sky and Michael Brown.

Let's stop with the fiction, just level with fans, so we can all pull together outta this mess.

Get Paxo really out and Terry Burton or Alan Watson -from City - in as DOF.

And any more vital goals, and Rhodes might bring in £6 million in Jan and save us £5 million in future wages and costs.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Been one of our better performers since Jos arrived, so I would argue a deal thoroughly deserved - t’was only a year as well, so not too risky. In fairness, I cannot argue with any of the deals since Jos arrived (including the loans and one permanent).  

There's only 3 deals so you cannot really see whether he is good or bad

You could say Pelupessy is not championship standard and one of his two loans (Onamah) never plays so you could flip it on its head and say only Hector has improvement the team that means he has only so far got 1 in 3 of his transfers right so maybe not being able to bring anyone else in might not be a bad thing.

14 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Let's stop with the fiction, just level with fans, so we can all pull together outta this mess.

And any more vital goals, and Rhodes might bring in £6 million in Jan and save us £5 million in future wages and costs.  

I don't get the appearance thing getting a new contract Westwood has played 148 games but has signed a new contract since signing for us, so how many games has he played since his new deal and how many does he need to play to get a new deal.

It just sounds like a pundit and I use the word loosely when referring to Michael Brown, that is making things up.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't get the appearance thing getting a new contract Westwood has played 148 games but has signed a new contract since signing for us, so how many games has he played since his new deal and how many does he need to play to get a new deal.

It just sounds like a pundit and I use the word loosely when referring to Michael Brown, that is making things up.

There's nobody coming out and rebutting brown's statement.

53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Could be that he just has to play one league game in the final year of his contract to trigger an automatic extension, which is quite realistic. 

Would explain why he has been totally banished from any first team football at the club.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

f89dec42491b57a9_obviously.xxxlarge.gif

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

There's nobody coming out and rebutting brown's statement.

Why would they ?

There are rumours flying round all the time about various players/clubs, often generated by so called pundits, but clubs don't usually make statements on the basis of this.

21 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I can’t understand why there’s so many that don’t want to see Abdi, Jones , Boyd , Westwood and Hutchinson leave in January 

None of them have a future here 

Why do you think they will leave in January? They are not likely to get paid any more by any other club than we are giving them so they might as well see it out and do nothing for another 6 months. 

Most clubs have players that they allow to leave at the end of their contracts every season but most clubs choose to include the players they have available in their squad if it is benefit to the team during the duration of their contracts.

We have a team that has the among the worst stats across the board for many key indicators of performance and a bench with no experience that the manager is clearly reluctant to call upon. We have a bunch of proven players that are not included but we are paying good money for. 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He stated it as fact..not rumour tho.

I see things stated as facts in the news regularly.

I see facts stated on here even more regularly.

I usually don't believe the majority of them though, and often proved to be with good reason. lol

Just now, Hookowl said:

I see things stated as facts in the news regularly.

I see facts stated on here even more regularly.

I usually don't believe the majority of them though, and often proved to be with good reason. lol

Fair point...if you were on gardening leave and somebody stated a mistruth publicly about why... I expect you'd want the record put straight?

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Irony is you could have Doyen representing clubs trying to pick up Reach, Bannon, Fessi etc for two bob in Jan.

A situation they helped DC create.

Correct. After reading @Lee Strafford,s post on here yesterday , it seems that DC ain't the one calling the shots.

• Haha 1