To the Jos out brigade

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Look at the league table, we are 17th. That shows me that we are having a very poor season on the whole or are you saying you are happy with how the season is going and the standard of football on offer?  

Its what i expected given our circumstance. Happy? No. Accepting yes.

22 hours ago, Beholder said:

We get battered week after week.

That was the same as Leeds, QPR, Bretford, Forest, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Brentford.

and even most of the games that we pick up results in.

Its excruciating to watch.

Jos' style is garbage.

This^^^

Whilst last night was full of battle and effort, Jos's teams are rarely comfortable nor do anything in possession.  For me he did a job stabilizing things last season but he should only have been appointed until the end of last season.  

11 hours ago, Mishowl said:

I don't want to get into a slanging match but I genuinely can't understand why people feel Jos is doing even an average job let alone a good one.

Is 17th good enough given the squad he has at his disposal?

Is he a good Coach? He has been in the job a year (give or take) and our defensive record is appalling, why hasn't he 'coached' the players to become better? For example, Lees seems to have gone backwards Under Jos. 

Is he a good man manager? Why are lots of players (seeming) being frozen out? I don't buy this "what's the point they won't be here next year" stuff. Clubs up and down the country have players they know won't be around next year but they still play them if they help improve the team today. 

Does he know his best team and does he have a plan for how he wants us to play? He's constantly chopping and changing the side which, to me, suggests he doesn't.

No doubt people will come back with the "hands tied behind his back" comment but won't provide any context given Jos has already said he has free rein to choose who he wants? Yes he hasn't had money to spend but I go back to my original point, is 17th, given the squad at his disposal, good enough?

No it's not good enough. I'm uncertain and yet to be convinced, for most chairmen, after a year that equals a sacking. For CC he's probably got adoption papers ready for Jos to join the family.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

So what was the 1 defeat in 9 before that and what does it say about the season as a whole rather than it's poorest run in isolation?

Because that is how this process always works. Some fans have decided they want the manager out and now will stop at nothing until they get what they want. The ideal situation is that we regain our composure and steadily climb up the table. But then they might have to accept they were petulant and hasty; a fate worse than death.

Have you paused to consider that we might not have the funds available to do that? 

How VERY dare you. Football supporters always know better. Nothing is ever doubtful or changeable. 

There is a very clear correlation between spending and league position.

It's simple when it's not your reputation and livelihood at stake isn't it?

If the manager is foreign then a British one would be better.

If he's young, get an older one.

If he's undemonstrative get a gobshite instead.

Experienced players not working, get the kids in. Kids not working, get the experienced players in.

The thing that gets me is the names thrown about. McCarthy, Bruce, Megson.

If they were such good managers then why don't they have a job? Why is nobody chasing them up?

35 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

The thing that gets me is the names thrown about. McCarthy, Bruce, Megson.

If they were such good managers then why don't they have a job? Why is nobody chasing them up?

Why doesn’t Conte have a job? Or Wenger? Or Zidane? Or Big Sam? Or Moyes? 

What clubs have actually sacked their manager since the summer, or in Bruce’s case in the last 3 weeks, to allow them to target a new manager? 

Just because a manager is unemployed doesn’t mean he’s not good. They have to wait for the right opportunity for them.  Is Bruce going to go and manage a league 1 team? I doubt it. 

11 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Why doesn’t Conte have a job? Or Wenger? Or Zidane? Or Big Sam? Or Moyes? 

What clubs have actually sacked their manager since the summer, or in Bruce’s case in the last 3 weeks, to allow them to target a new manager? 

Just because a manager is unemployed doesn’t mean he’s not good. They have to wait for the right opportunity for them.  Is Bruce going to go and manage a league 1 team? I doubt it. 

You're really going to compare the manager of Chelsea, who was linked with the RM job, Wenger who is linked with AC Milan and managed Arsenal fpr god knows how long, Zidane who did a great job at RM? 

And personally, I don't rate Allardyce or Moyes to be honest. 

Dean Smith left Brentford. They hired their assistant coach for the job instead of one of these "experienced managers" everyone keeps raving about. 

Hoot hoot does not rate Sam Allardyce.

This is a manager who got Bolton Wanderers, yes Bolton Wanderers into Europe.

Great success at Notts County early on.

He got West Ham promoted to the Premier League.

He kept Sunderland in the Premier League from an almost impossible position.

But Hoot Hoot does not rate him!

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

You're really going to compare the manager of Chelsea, who was linked with the RM job, Wenger who is linked with AC Milan and managed Arsenal fpr god knows how long, Zidane who did a great job at RM? 

And personally, I don't rate Allardyce or Moyes to be honest. 

Dean Smith left Brentford. They hired their assistant coach for the job instead of one of these "experienced managers" everyone keeps raving about. 

So what you’re saying is, if a manager is unemployed he can’t be that good, apart from the ones who are good, but haven’t got a job yet. 

McCarthy has been linked with the Wednesday job.. Bruce has been unemployed for about 2 weeks. 

Brentford promoted from within, because they felt their first team coach would bring more consistency than a new manager. Plus mick may a different style to how Brentford are trying to play. Doesn’t make him a bad manager in my opinion 

13 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Sadly the owner ain't either or he would employ proper experience to help him. 

DC is to blame for this whole mess. The problem is he won't listen to anyone and thinks he knows best when he hasn't got a clue how to run a football club.

4 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

So what you’re saying is, if a manager is unemployed he can’t be that good, apart from the ones who are good, but haven’t got a job yet. 

McCarthy has been linked with the Wednesday job.. Bruce has been unemployed for about 2 weeks. 

Brentford promoted from within, because they felt their first team coach would bring more consistency than a new manager. Plus mick may a different style to how Brentford are trying to play. Doesn’t make him a bad manager in my opinion 

McCarthy and Bruce aren't even in the same book as Zidane and Wenger, nevermind the same page, so to use them for comparison is ridiculous. McCarthy has been linked by the papers, that is all. One job in what? 5 or 6 months since he left Ipswich. 

Now that I've said this, he'll end up in a job next week at Rotherham or something 

As far as I’m concerned DC doesn’t determine the way we set up tactically. You can make all the excuses you want regarding injuries, lack of funds etc. I’ve seen us in tight spots before for those same reasons. This manager is the most negative we have had. I support a club with the motto, by wisdom and courage. We seem to have no inclination at all to be courageous enough to try and win games. 

19 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

As far as I’m concerned DC doesn’t determine the way we set up tactically. You can make all the excuses you want regarding injuries, lack of funds etc. I’ve seen us in tight spots before for those same reasons. This manager is the most negative we have had. I support a club with the motto, by wisdom and courage. We seem to have no inclination at all to be courageous enough to try and win games. 

But DC is responsible for appointing the manager ,. Now either he can't see this isnt working ,or is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake ,and rectify the siruation begore this season turns into a relegation scrap.

Edited by S36 OWL

With a set of wining supporters such as this, which manager would want to take over Wednesday I certainly wouldn't.

A number of relevant points -

There was a difference of 14 positions between the teams.

There team 'in form' were playing at home.

The team playing away had the record of being the only side NOT to have kept a clean sheet all season.

Anyone going to a local derby anywhere, on a Fri Night, and expecting to see attractive football must be crazy.

Yes, IMHO the game was rather dour, but how many times have we had the same played on us? 

We seem to have it engraved on our hearts that United are crap. This is not so, gentlemen.Don't let your bias show. We are never going to go out and win every game by 4 clear goals. Against a forward line such as Utd's , to grind out a draw was not a badresult. Were a forwardline to goall out attack, its defence would have been overwhelmed. 

38 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

With a set of wining supporters such as this, which manager would want to take over Wednesday I certainly wouldn't.

A number of relevant points -

There was a difference of 14 positions between the teams.

There team 'in form' were playing at home.

The team playing away had the record of being the only side NOT to have kept a clean sheet all season.

Anyone going to a local derby anywhere, on a Fri Night, and expecting to see attractive football must be crazy.

Yes, IMHO the game was rather dour, but how many times have we had the same played on us? 

We seem to have it engraved on our hearts that United are crap. This is not so, gentlemen.Don't let your bias show. We are never going to go out and win every game by 4 clear goals. Against a forward line such as Utd's , to grind out a draw was not a badresult. Were a forwardline to goall out attack, its defence would have been overwhelmed. 

your right good result,but for all this season bar about 2 or 3 games we have been shybo,not helped by at least 3 changes every game

On 09/11/2018 at 22:16, hirstys_achilles said:

On paper a game based on league position and current form and home advantage they would have expected to win. A point for us from any formation or tactics is a small victory. Points are what matter.

Couldnt agree more, happy with the point