To the Jos out brigade

12 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Lets see the hypocritical comments based on possession stats after derby draw. The previous games we have had much more possession than opponents and admittedly lost. Tonight we had least possession but got a well deserved draw. The stats did not matter for the Jos out lot then I bet they will now. The rubbish being written about players not wanting to play for him has now been proven wrong. Jos has answered all the questions about players out of squad so no conspiracies !!!!

Can we now please concentrate on getting behind everyone at the club that means the chair, manager, players and tea lady to get our season back on track instead of all the moaning and overly opinionated talk of sackings and team selection boll@cks. We not out of getting a good season yet. A good atmosphere and some optimism from everyone supporting swfc will go along way to help players regain the form they are capable of playing at.

UP THE OWLS !!!!

I dont think we played silky entertaining football when we had the possession in the other games 

Do you ?

We were crap last night and squeezed a draw out of it.

17 hours ago, Beholder said:

We get battered week after week.

That was the same as Leeds, QPR, Bretford, Forest, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Brentford.

and even most of the games that we pick up results in.

Its excruciating to watch.

Jos' style is garbage.

But some of our fans are easily pleased because we got a point. 

18 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

1 point from 15 is a shocking stat. Jos needs to go ASAP and tonight has done nothing to convince me otherwise. 

So what was the 1 defeat in 9 before that and what does it say about the season as a whole rather than it's poorest run in isolation?

18 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

how can you neg a fan for saying lets try and help get some confidence back in the team after tonights result. I don't get it ???

Because that is how this process always works. Some fans have decided they want the manager out and now will stop at nothing until they get what they want. The ideal situation is that we regain our composure and steadily climb up the table. But then they might have to accept they were petulant and hasty; a fate worse than death.

18 hours ago, eightbelow said:

He hasn't got a flipping clue and needs sacking tomorrow, he was never right for the job. Pay him out and lets move on.

Have you paused to consider that we might not have the funds available to do that? 

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's an odd one isn't it.

I was begging for him to bring Joao on v West Brom to finish them off.

And he did, I nodded sagely in agreement. Then Joao did nothing , we lost all momentum as the ball kept coming bsck and they pegged us back. 

It's all roll of a dice stuff with no set outcome isn't it really.

How VERY dare you. Football supporters always know better. Nothing is ever doubtful or changeable. 

17 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Does a good man manager need an open cheque book?

There is a very clear correlation between spending and league position.

9 hours ago, HootHoot said:

He was nervous like we all were. He's obviously a reserved character out there. Being animated doesn't make you a good manager. 

I could flap my arms and jump around. I still wouldn't know what I'm talking about

It's simple when it's not your reputation and livelihood at stake isn't it?

If the manager is foreign then a British one would be better.

If he's young, get an older one.

If he's undemonstrative get a gobshite instead.

Experienced players not working, get the kids in. Kids not working, get the experienced players in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So what was the 1 defeat in 9 before that and what does it say about the season as a whole rather than it's poorest run in .

Look at the league table, we are 17th. That shows me that we are having a very poor season on the whole or are you saying you are happy with how the season is going and the standard of football on offer?  

32 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Look at the league table, we are 17th. That shows me that we are having a very poor season on the whole or are you saying you are happy with how the season is going and the standard of football on offer?  

Three weeks ago we were 6th. In a month from now we could be 8th. That's the nature of football and why they play the games. If your emotions are that unstable then there's not much I can do about it.

But let's say we win three of the next four games and are back in amongst the play-off candidates. Does that league position suddenly transform the manager and his methods from bad to good? Will many of the critics be silenced? Of course not. If that's the case they are being neither consistent nor honest and the suspicion lingers that some actually perversely enjoy the opportunity to announce the end being nigh.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Three weeks ago we were 6th. In a month from now we could be 8th. That's the nature of football and why they play the games. If your emotions are that unstable then there's not much I can do about it.

But let's say we win three of the next four games and are back in amongst the play-off candidates. Does that league position suddenly transform the manager and his methods from bad to good? Will many of the critics be silenced? Of course not. If that's the case they are being neither consistent nor honest and the suspicion lingers that some actually perversely enjoy the opportunity to announce the end being nigh.

If you look a little deeper though, whenever we’ve lost, we’ve generally been woeful. When we’ve had some better results, the performances haven’t always been good Last night being a good example. Yes I’d have taken a point, but one scuffed shot on target in 94 minutes of football, not good The performances suggest, we’ll lose more than we win

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If you look a little deeper though, whenever we’ve lost, we’ve generally been woeful. When we’ve had some better results, the performances haven’t always been good Last night being a good example. Yes I’d have taken a point, but one scuffed shot on target in 94 minutes of football, not good The performances suggest, we’ll lose more than we win

The real test for me comes after we get Derby out of the way. We'll then have a run of games against much more beatable teams than the current run. We'll hopefully also have more squad options available, including our most creative players in Matias and Forestieri. If we're still looking poor and not getting results then the concerns will be much more real than not winning against the likes of Norwich, Middlesbrough, West Brom and United.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The real test for me comes after we get Derby out of the way. We'll then have a run of games against much more beatable teams than the current run. We'll hopefully also have more squad options available, including our most creative players in Matias and Forestieri. If we're still looking poor and not getting results then the concerns will be much more real than not winning against the likes of Norwich, Middlesbrough, West Brom and United.

Getting Forestieri and Matias back certainly should make a difference, but will Jos be brave enough to include them both? Prior to the game last night, we had created the second least chances in the championship Following this weekends games, we will probably be bottom of that particular league. For a coach, who says he isn’t bothered about clean sheets, what part of the game is he bothered about. He certainly doesn’t have us going forward. Were that to change, then I’m pretty confident we do have the players to cause teams problems

It’s because I’ve  seen little or no sign of this, I’ve reluctantly come to the conclusion that we probably need a coach with a different philosophy

Edited by gurujuan

30 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

What would have to happen for you to think we do need a change in manager? Not a dig just a genuine question. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's an odd one isn't it.

I was begging for him to bring Joao on v West Brom to finish them off.

And he did, I nodded sagely in agreement. Then Joao did nothing , we lost all momentum as the ball kept coming bsck and they pegged us back. 

It's all roll of a dice stuff with no set outcome isn't it really.

I agree.

But I think it was almost a free roll of the dice on Friday because it kept coming back anyway.

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What would have to happen for you to think we do need a change in manager? Not a dig just a genuine question. 

I'm not really into setting targets as such because there is no context with them. The situation should be constantly monitored and judged on it's merits at that time. At the start of the season I expected us to finish in the 12th-16th range and the nature of that means we will probably go up and down in mid-table depending on different sequences of results. Over-reacting, whether that was when we were in the play-off positions or where we are now, is not helpful.

And I absolutely would ALWAYS reject the idea that a manager has x number of games to save his job. All sorts of circumstances can impact short sequences. If you believe that the manager is not right for the job, then sack him. If you think he's doing reasonably well, then stand by him. Don't reduce the situation to some sort of lottery that could go either way, as demonstrated by results in our last 5 league games compared to the 9 that went before it.

9 hours ago, Mishowl said:

I don't want to get into a slanging match but I genuinely can't understand why people feel Jos is doing even an average job let alone a good one.

Is 17th good enough given the squad he has at his disposal?

Is he a good Coach? He has been in the job a year (give or take) and our defensive record is appalling, why hasn't he 'coached' the players to become better? For example, Lees seems to have gone backwards Under Jos. 

Is he a good man manager? Why are lots of players (seeming) being frozen out? I don't buy this "what's the point they won't be here next year" stuff. Clubs up and down the country have players they know won't be around next year but they still play them if they help improve the team today. 

Does he know his best team and does he have a plan for how he wants us to play? He's constantly chopping and changing the side which, to me, suggests he doesn't.

No doubt people will come back with the "hands tied behind his back" comment but won't provide any context given Jos has already said he has free rein to choose who he wants? Yes he hasn't had money to spend but I go back to my original point, is 17th, given the squad at his disposal, good enough?

No it is not good enough. The only thing all swfc fans are in agreement with is that we want to be higher up the table. My point is that after derby point our season might start to pick up. If we give the scapegoats a break and try and forget any nagging doubts or thoughts on conspiracies. Maybe we can influence players confidence and help change results. Jos won't be sacked it's just not DC style. So rather than highlighting the obvious errors and problems for the clubs best interests swallow your pride. Forget about your opinion on Jos or what ever you think is wrong. Try being constructive and positive with optimism and just support your team. All the post's saying I crazy for being happy with our current situation is totally wrong. Base your opinion on facts. You know DC won't sack Jos from last season with Cc situation. I stand by what I say that anyone neg me for stating facts and hoping the change in our fortunes has started with a point at the lane and our players confidence is low so let's be positive and back them so we can hopefully influence a recovery. how can any fan disagree and vote a neg. That means they think the opposite is correct. Think about it.... We only 16 games into season. Plenty of time for improvement. The more intelligent fans realise an atmosphere of sack the manager has no positive effects on results. A new manager will not change anything instantly. Jos needs more time and patience from fans. The end of the season is the best time to decide if Jos is what swfc needs 

21 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Lets see the hypocritical comments based on possession stats after derby draw. The previous games we have had much more possession than opponents and admittedly lost. Tonight we had least possession but got a well deserved draw. The stats did not matter for the Jos out lot then I bet they will now. The rubbish being written about players not wanting to play for him has now been proven wrong. Jos has answered all the questions about players out of squad so no conspiracies !!!!

Can we now please concentrate on getting behind everyone at the club that means the chair, manager, players and tea lady to get our season back on track instead of all the moaning and overly opinionated talk of sackings and team selection boll@cks. We not out of getting a good season yet. A good atmosphere and some optimism from everyone supporting swfc will go along way to help players regain the form they are capable of playing at.

UP THE OWLS !!!!

SUFC are actually a good team, though some on here couldn't possibly admit that.  That result was a good one in the circs.  End of...  

1 minute ago, hangonrose said:

SUFC are actually a good team, though some on here couldn't possibly admit that.  That result was a good one in the circs.  End of...  

Yes they are a good team. We have fans with unreasonable expectations. They have a settled team with an understanding of the way the manager wants them to play. Due to many reasons Jos has not been able to install his style yet. Mainly because of injury prone players, experienced players making individual errors, players sudden loss of form and ffp financial restrictions. Jos has promoted youth quicker than he would have wanted and although the young players are all talented and have the ability to play at this level, confidence is fragile with inexperienced youngsters. Jos has almost impossible job with the tools at his disposal to provide the level of football some fans are expecting. This will be the same for anyone managing swfc. 

9 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

I dont think we played silky entertaining football when we had the possession in the other games 

Do you ?

We were crap last night and squeezed a draw out of it.

Where does it say that we played silky football or entertaining stuff. I think you commenting on another post. Never said we was good last night. This is my point. People comment on what they imagine. Not the facts

13 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Arrrrh, ok then, good lad, you have fun keeping them all on your defined right track.

You'll not the only poster who see this as their job on OT.

Thanks. You are so right. I wasting my time posting about quotes that are not even relevant to what I commented on. I can't help but be amazed how some people think what supporting swfc is all about. Am I in the minority who want to enjoy any positive no matter how small to help enjoy my support of my team. The negative pessimistic attitude seems to be much more vocal than any optimistic opinion. Some fans need to look up the definition of "support". Then ask themselves are they really a supporter???