Pudils head

6 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not a penalty though.

We don't get pens. 

There is absolutely no doubt that had that been the other way round it would have been a penalty.   I'd like to see the stats for penalties because in the 50 years I've been watching Wednesday I'd like to have a bet that we're in the bottom 10 for penalties awarded in the entire football league. I know every fan thinks their team is treated unfairly but seriously, even in the (rare) seasons we've been good we still don't get our fair share.

2 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

There is absolutely no doubt that had that been the other way round it would have been a penalty.   I'd like to see the stats for penalties because in the 50 years I've been watching Wednesday I'd like to have a bet that we're in the bottom 10 for penalties awarded in the entire football league. I know every fan thinks their team is treated unfairly but seriously, even in the (rare) seasons we've been good we still don't get our fair share.

The cynic in me screams the reason we don't get pens is because of the disaster, but that can't be true can it???

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think it's to do with us being nice as @shezzas left peg mentioned in another thread.

That may well be the case.

But as I cast my mind back over the 15 years I've regularly attended Hillsborough, I come to the conclusion we still don't get pens. We haven't been too nice for 15 years!!

Obviously teams doing well get more decisions than teams doing bad which plays into that somewhat with us.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think it's to do with us being nice as @shezzas left peg mentioned in another thread.

While being brought up with rugby and to respect the "man. In the middle (referee)" even if sometimes they don't deserve any. We don't seem to complain as much or as a Team, together when we get a decision against us like other teams do, the guy that's been fouled will (unless it's Nando Dosent really milk it) they tend to sit there arms aloft and look at the ref, while one man may complain a bit, other teams tend to kick up more of a fuss, so to speak. 

11 hours ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Is this statement intended to be Ironic? Pudil is always angry and animated. He regularly has a go at refs (one of the things I like about him tbh).

No not ironic, I have not noticed him like that before I shall take note in future.

12 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

While it looks shocking - it wasn’t a penalty. Pudil might as well have been crawling in all four his head was so low. 

The ref let the game play on way to long though. Ridiculous. 

I didn't think it was a pen either 

Just because he was cut doesn't mean a foul was committed just means he's fairly committed putting his head in there in the first place 

20 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I didn't think it was a pen either 

Just because he was cut doesn't mean a foul was committed just means he's fairly committed putting his head in there in the first place 

Maybe, but anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free kick.