Luhukay out.

Guest Theboylangers

Our main problems are defensive. Good defences are built on stability and understanding.  We’ll never have this while he makes the amount of changes to the back line that he does every game.

Finding ourselves in a position where Palmer and Fox are our senior full-backs is absolutely indicative of the way we’ve gone about our recruitment over the last 2 Seasons in particular.

What would I do? Bring Westwood back. Go to a flat back four with Palmer (I know but we haven’t got much choice), Lees and Hector in the centre and Pudil at left-back (Yes, his legs might’ve gone but I would trust him more than Fox and Penney at this moment in time).

I would go with a diamond with Hutchinson, Pelupessy or Jones screening the back four with Onomah and Bannan, right and left with Reach just behind of a front two (Take your pick from any of the available forwards)

Will it happen? No, it’s far too simple and logical for our manager and our club?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

10 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Time we get a proper manager in and give him this season to rebuild the team. 

A manager the fans can get behind.

A manager that doesn’t make 5/6 changes a game. 

A manager that can change a game. 

Give a new manager a season to rebuild the team... with what, exactly? Have you been paying any attention this past six months? I feel like a complete lack of understanding about the situation we’re in might be clouding your judgement a tad.

10 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Maybe Jos could come on skin a few and stick it in the top corner. 

Let Jos concentrate on picking a settled side, deciding what formation he wants to play and coming up with a plan B (or even plan A)

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Give a new manager a season to rebuild the team... with what, exactly? Have you been paying any attention this past six months? I feel like a complete lack of understanding about the situation we’re in might be clouding your judgement a tad.

I know the financial restraints. 

Does that stop a manager picking a settled team or a settled formation? 

I agree totally with S72Owl.

We all know that we cannot spend on players but that does not stop us from:

• Getting a settled back four
  • Creating a formation and style of play that suits the players we currently have
  • Realising that you are allowed to make substittions before the 75th/80th minute if the game is not going well

He’s got to be given time given the crock of crap that he inherited. He was pretty much fire fighting last season.

However, the isolation of Westwood and Hutchinson is bizarre. 2 fans favourites and top quality players who both have leadership abilities which we are badly lacking. Moreover, he doesn’t know his best team or system. He constantly tinkers and I’m sure the players are not settled.

He needs to find a system, best team and find a way of playing. Get some continuity. 

3 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Let’s look at what Jos has brought in versus what he’s inherited and the job he’s done with his hands tied and restrictions. They’re you go, now we can all breathe and give the bloke a well deserved break. Keep him and let him assemble his own squad, the bloke is NO mug. 

The injuries are to a degree irrelevant. Most of those players will barely play again so Jos knows the hand he has been dealt. Not good enough. With the derby around the corner we are left feeling the same as the last time we played them at the lane, fearing a hiding. 

This call for recalls of hutch, Westwood, Jones et all is ridiculous. Even when fit last season, those players were poor. They won’t be with us next season so why  play them ? We are much , much better off giving our team who will play next season first team experience this season.

we aren’t going down or going up this season. That’s fine. 

Jos is doing the right thing.

bed in a new style with a new team this season and go for it next season.

10 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

You disagree there's a meltdown @jonesy87shef?..

You’ve negged I don’t know how many posts last night just because they don’t agree everything is fine.

There is an overreaction from some posters, but also a hell of a lot of goodness points raised. Points that were raised by some despite us winning previous games.

It’s not just a knee jerk reaction to 2 had results and performances. Plenty are pointing out long standing issues on and off the field.

Thats why I wouldn’t say there’s been a meltdown in my opinion

Some fans would literally sack a manager whenever we start to lose a couple, we've put so much work into the youngsters, we are in a new transitional period, we are starting a new philosophy here, why change it now? We were in the top 6 2 games ago... relax!

The last 2 performances have been poor yes, but my god they were a lot worse towards the end of Carlos' reign, stick with Jos for me 100%, he has my full support. I'm confident we'll see progression, especially with sensible recruitment, exposure to game time to the youngsters, & crucially we can release majority of the dead wood by the end of the season then we can start to recruit again, don't forget our targets are between 18-24, this means they probably won't be the finished article at first, it'll take time! 

Look at new signings, Onomah, Hector & Joey, I'm happy with all  to stick around, let's just look at the bigger picture, injuries, experienced players being unhappy as not in plans... we will be in a better position this time next season I'm sure, Jos is experienced, he's just what we need now but we do need to be patient.

3 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

You’ve negged I don’t know how many posts last night just because they don’t agree everything is fine.

There is an overreaction from some posters, but also a hell of a lot of goodness points raised. Points that were raised by some despite us winning previous games.

It’s not just a knee jerk reaction to 2 had results and performances. Plenty are pointing out long standing issues on and off the field.

Thats why I wouldn’t say there’s been a meltdown in my opinion

So that's yes then.

It's not negging, it's disagreeing...