Queens Park Rangers - V - Wednesday OMDT

Just now, Holmowl said:

I’m a huge fan of Tom Lees, but I agree with several who have praised Jos for leaving him out. 

Thats FF, Westwood, Hutch and now Lees dropped due to form or effort.....it’s superb management showing the players that NOBODY will get away with anything this season.

I can't be the only one excited that the most stable, most dominant, most commanding right footed CB we have gets to start in front of the club captain. Whilst I rate Lees he's a neat and tidy CB not a commanding one or a footballing one. Add to this that he's been forced to play through poor form due to us not having right sided players. Now we have he gets a long overdue rest! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Joao and Nuhiu were breaking records late last season. 

Yes that is true, however that was 6 months ago now, and a completely different season. João has been average and Nuhiu has been garbage this season, unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

He's dropped the entire back 4 from Friday. Ironically, it's the one behind them that needed a rest. 

But it doesn't really matter how many changes he makes at the back if Jos insists on persisting with his utterly bizarre tactics of playing our kamikaze football around our own box.

1 minute ago, bronxowl said:

Why drop Thornily and Fletcher?

He hasn’t dropped Fletcher.

He plsyed 90 minutes on Friday and Jos knows he needs careful management. We are down to only 3 fit forwards and we will have had three games in 8 days by Saturday.

Its really sound management.

Thorniley...don’t know. Don’t forget he was at fault for the first goal. If he drops a Lee for the second goal, perhaps it’s right to drop Jordan for his role in the first? And/or again sound judgement on rotation. Pudil is an excellent replacement.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Hasn't Lees played every game so far?

Perhaps his mental state isn't right after Friday. He possible needs a rest both mentally and physically. 

Who is captain tonight? Reach?

Pudil at a guess. 

1 minute ago, Dylan93 said:

Chopping and changing the side every game isn’t good. I don’t think Jos knows his best 11! But hey, it may work for the 3 points 

I think he doesn't have a best 11 other than the team he selects every time. It's all based on the mental and physical status of the whole squad it seems.